Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't think I saw anyone mention it but they announced next Live Letter will be on September 18th(11AM Japan time). Will have the combat info stuff, like the new skills every classes are getting and likely a demo of the 2 new jobs. Probably some more stuff too, but definitely something to watch if you're looking into what you should play first for the expansion.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Ya, that will be the one to watch. New skills and existing skill revamps/changes usually get talked about there.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
When they’ve released new classes with previous expansions did we ever get deep dives on those prior to release? Really interested in both new classes but want more info… do they typically start at lvl cap or like 10 lvls under?

Malkav

French Madman
When they’ve released new classes with previous expansions did we ever get deep dives on those prior to release? Really interested in both new classes but want more info… do they typically start at lvl cap or like 10 lvls under?

They start 10 level before previous cap. Sage and Reaper will start at lvl70.

During the LL they will go over the main mechanics of the new jobs, and you'll get plenty of tooltips screenshots from the media tour that starts the day after.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yep, although it's generally pretty quick to catch up cause you get armory bonus(the full one, currently it's 50% for these levels but after expansion it's 100% cause it's not the cap anymore)+earring(as long as you preorder which you should anyway since it's an expansion, and you can "preorder" the day before release). Last expansion I did HoH on DNC and only took a few hours to get to 70, then you just level normally. I assume this time I'll do Bozja if I end up playing one of the 2 new classes, although I've never done Bozja for leveling(all my stuff was capped a couple of weeks in ShB). If you have sidequests you can also turn these in, it's not much though like turning 30 sidequests is about 30% xp, but that makes the first leveling roulette get you to x1, which opens access to Bozja(need to be 71 to enter). You can complete them before the expansion and just spend 3mins to turn them all in. If you don't you usually have to do alliance roulette too to get there or do an actual dungeon run.

I assume for Bozja you'll want to prepare some Lost Actions though to make it easier. It's unlikely there's gonna be any tank in Bozja so looking into a way to tank FATEs is probably high priority, since you'll have plenty of DPS(Reavers) and healers(Sages).

If you want to play the new content asap though you're better off playing an existing class and switching after. I'm waiting for the live letter to decide myself, plenty of classes I'm interested in so I'll probably leave the new classes for later, thinking MNK first if they rework it(not sure if they'll have finished the rework or if they're planning to do it in 6.1 like they did Ninja in ShB) or SCH.

Last edited:

Malkav

French Madman
Yep, although it's generally pretty quick to catch up cause you get armory bonus(the full one, currently it's 50% for these levels but after expansion it's 100% cause it's not the cap anymore)+earring(as long as you preorder which you should anyway since it's an expansion, and you can "preorder" the day before release). Last expansion I did HoH on DNC and only took a few hours to get to 70, then you just level normally. I assume this time I'll do Bozja if I end up playing one of the 2 new classes, although I've never done Bozja for leveling(all my stuff was capped a couple of weeks in ShB). If you have sidequests you can also turn these in, it's not much though like turning 30 sidequests is about 30% xp, but that makes the first leveling roulette get you to x1, which opens access to Bozja(need to be 71 to enter). You can complete them before the expansion and just spend 3mins to turn them all in. If you don't you usually have to do alliance roulette too to get there or do an actual dungeon run.

I assume for Bozja you'll want to prepare some Lost Actions though to make it easier. It's unlikely there's gonna be any tank in Bozja so looking into a way to tank FATEs is probably high priority, since you'll have plenty of DPS(Reavers) and healers(Sages).

If you want to play the new content asap though you're better off playing an existing class and switching after. I'm waiting for the live letter to decide myself, plenty of classes I'm interested in so I'll probably leave the new classes for later, thinking MNK first if they rework it(not sure if they'll have finished the rework or if they're planning to do it in 6.1 like they did Ninja in ShB) or SCH.

Yeah Bozja will be full of Reapers and Sages, just put up a tank Essence on a Reaper and you're good.

You need to be 71 for Bozja though, so you'll have to start the day with Roulettes/Beast Tribes to 71 first. You could also do Trusts since they nerfed Trust leveling again (now they need the same amount of run as you do to level up to next dungeon).

I'm in the same boat as you, will wait and see the changes, curious about where Monk is going too, but could go Reaper depending...

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

We will get a general idea from the Live Letter, but shortly after that they will be doing the "Media Tour" stuff which is were Reporters and Content Creators get access too the early build of the expansion but has full access too the new classes at Max level too play around with.

The new classes start 20 levels under the max cap(So they can get some job quests in)

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah Bozja will be full of Reapers and Sages, just put up a tank Essence on a Reaper and you're good.

You need to be 71 for Bozja though, so you'll have to start the day with Roulettes/Beast Tribes to 71 first. You could also do Trusts since they nerfed Trust leveling again (now they need the same amount of run as you do to level up to next dungeon).

I'm in the same boat as you, will wait and see the changes, curious about where Monk is going too, but could go Reaper depending...
Can't do Trusts at 70 iirc?

As I mentionned my plan is to turn in 30 sidequests(I left a lot of them in the 2nd half of Kholusia and Ahm Aereng) and then do one leveling roulette, that's what I did when I played DNC first in ShB, although that's assuming I go with Reaper or Sage, which I'm somewhat interested in, but it all depends on the changes to the other classes. Should be enough with the 2 to hit 71 then start Bozja.

I do tend to favor the new stuff though so if MNK isn't reworked/the rework looks meh, or SCH doesn't get some interesting stuff(unlikely tbh, new skill looked like a heal so unless they heavily rework the DPS side I probably won't level it right away), I'll probably do Reaper or maybe Sage.

We will get a general idea from the Live Letter, but shortly after that they will be doing the "Media Tour" stuff which is were Reporters and Content Creators get access too the early build of the expansion but has full access too the new classes at Max level too play around with.

The new classes start 20 levels under the max cap(So they can get some job quests in)
For ShB, while they did get max lvl chars to tests, they could only do a lower lvl dungeon(Dohn Mheg) so they only were showing the new stuff on random mobs which wasn't that great, although it's still nice. Also values weren't final, iirc a few things were nerfed/buffed so can more or less ignore numbers. But yeah the media tour was better, a few people put out several videos for every classes so even if their knowledge wasn't great on these classes, you could watch multiple version to get a good idea of what was going on.

I'm not sure what they'll do with job quests this time around though, since there were more or less no job quests in ShB, just the short one at 80. I guess it'd make sense for these classes to have job quests though since they're new and they probably want to introduce them. In case of though I'd definitely look into clearing all the role quests in ShB, just in case of. I've done them all a long time ago personally but if someone wants to play say Sage and haven't done the healer role quest, probably worth leveling a healer right now and getting them done just to not have to go through them at launch(they take quite a while).

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I have a feeling were gonna get the same thing like we did in Shb for job quest with the 4 Virtues/Crystaline Mean quests, I really liked how they did it that way..

Malkav

French Madman
I have a feeling were gonna get the same thing like we did in Shb for job quest with the 4 Virtues/Crystaline Mean quests, I really liked how they did it that way..

We get 5 role quests in Endwalker. They're splitting melee DPS and ranged physical this time around.

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Plus comboed on the last card to lose the entire board?
No, its the tedious grind a single opponent becomes. Been trying to get this last card from one of the NPCs and get the currency a majority of the time and the few times its a card drop its a pointless dupe.

Gotten 4 leviathans now.

Last edited:

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can't do Trusts at 70 iirc?

As I mentionned my plan is to turn in 30 sidequests(I left a lot of them in the 2nd half of Kholusia and Ahm Aereng) and then do one leveling roulette, that's what I did when I played DNC first in ShB, although that's assuming I go with Reaper or Sage, which I'm somewhat interested in, but it all depends on the changes to the other classes. Should be enough with the 2 to hit 71 then start Bozja.

I do tend to favor the new stuff though so if MNK isn't reworked/the rework looks meh, or SCH doesn't get some interesting stuff(unlikely tbh, new skill looked like a heal so unless they heavily rework the DPS side I probably won't level it right away), I'll probably do Reaper or maybe Sage.

Is there really a point to this? All the content will be locked behind a new story line anyway that you'll have to run through so at best this will be as a 2nd class which you level and at that point, whats the rush?

Malkav

French Madman
Is there really a point to this? All the content will be locked behind a new story line anyway that you'll have to run through so at best this will be as a 2nd class which you level and at that point, whats the rush?
It's just a matter of wanting to go through the new expansion with a new job. So you bumrush the new job to expansion starting level in a few hours and then enjoy the new content.

Malkav

French Madman
You can do Trusts at 70.. but the EXP will be ass.

I think it's 71, level Holsminster unlocks. XP shouldn't be that bad with pre-order earrings, it's basicallyt spamming highest level dungeon for you. Slower than with a real group sure, but hopefully Reapear has good AOE to overpull and mow shit down.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
This was specifically for new classes which start 10levels lower. There's no new storyline for these until you reach 80. Speeding through that part asap(and especially getting to 71 so you can do Bozja) actually somewhat matters, since you get to the new content faster and can potentially do EX earlier when the people are better. Ultimately it's not running away, but setting up 30 sidequests only takes like an hour and is just some prepatch preparation, like cleaning out my bags, making sure I have capped tomes to get all "poetics" 80 gear for classes I didn't bother gearing yet, having all the FC scroll buffs stuff and so on.