Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
What are you talking about? Crafting optimizers are not damage meters, they are rotation/macro builders that don't even interact with the game in any way except you copy&pasting macro text from it into the game.

Ahh I thought it was some kind of plugin for the client. If it's just a website or something I can plug details into, or feeds me macros, that's fine.

I wasn't saying that crafting optimizers are damage meters. I was saying I wasn't going to use any other kind of addon or plugin other than ACT and I'm strictly using it as a personal damage meter.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
yeah i havent actually progressed far in ShB yet, but i can farm yellows easily enough in HW/SB. Actually turned out to be pretty easy after I just dove in.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah i havent actually progressed far in ShB yet, but i can farm yellows easily enough in HW/SB. Actually turned out to be pretty easy after I just dove in.

Oh my fault, all good, though. Yeah once you just put together a route for yourself, it's not that bad at all, just takes time. Not sure how easy it is to do at lower levels, but gathering scrips are a joke with max gear in ShB.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
It really comes down to having high enough perception that you can do two scrutiny > meticulous in a row and then check to see if you can get away with another meticulous or if you need to use scour for the base increase to hit 1000. If you have the GP left and it's still awhile from the next node spawn, pop the 1 extra gathering attempt skill (600GP total) to get another 1000. It's worth it to focus on getting the 1000 point gathers as much as possible, as they are worth both more xp and more scrips and it will keep your inventory space usage down as well so you have to make less trips turning them in.

A few rotations when get access to the white scrips will basically let you get all the white scrip gear, which is plenty for gathering classes. The only time the maxed out aetheste stuff comes in super handy is just slightly improving the chances of getting HQ mats and reducing your grinding by a few rotations on the dragonsung stuff. It's not enough to lock you out of anything if you can only get the white scrip gear. It's ilvl 500 and plenty good until probably halfway or beyond in Endwalker.

Merrith

It really comes down to having high enough perception that you can do two scrutiny > meticulous in a row and then check to see if you can get away with another meticulous or if you need to use scour for the base increase to hit 1000. If you have the GP left and it's still awhile from the next node spawn, pop the 1 extra gathering attempt skill (600GP total) to get another 1000. It's worth it to focus on getting the 1000 point gathers as much as possible, as they are worth both more xp and more scrips and it will keep your inventory space usage down as well so you have to make less trips turning them in.

A few rotations when get access to the white scrips will basically let you get all the white scrip gear, which is plenty for gathering classes. The only time the maxed out aetheste stuff comes in super handy is just slightly improving the chances of getting HQ mats and reducing your grinding by a few rotations on the dragonsung stuff. It's not enough to lock you out of anything if you can only get the white scrip gear. It's ilvl 500 and plenty good until probably halfway or beyond in Endwalker.

Yeah I have max pentamelded Aetheste gear with the relic for gathering, so I can just hit 1000 easily. I end up using 700 GP every node (2 Scrutiny + extra gathering attempt). Get anywhere from 4 to 8 collects per node depending on node bonuses/procs.

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
Finished msq over the weekend, can’t believe how bad the last battles were / how downhill the story went from 5.0 peak. Just need to do the last nier raid and I have nothing to login for until EW except submarine refreshes. Really hoping it’s good.

• 1WTF
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

localhost

Golden Knight of the Realm
You didn't liked 5.3 Ehrgeix?

If you didn't do it, you have Bozja and the resistance weapon (relic), Delubrum (normal, Delubrum Reginae - Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki - FFXIV / FF14 ARR Community Wiki and Guide) is a good step up from usual difficulty.
"To unlock the quest chain, players need to be level 80 with a Disciple of war or Disciple of Magic and complete the MSQ, as well as The City of Lost Angels (The City of Lost Angels - Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki - FFXIV / FF14 ARR Community Wiki and Guide)".
You also have The Sorrow of Werlyt Quests - Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki, the story is not bad and The Cloud Deck (Extreme) is a fun fight!

Also try Eden Savage 9-12, it is great.

When you finish the 4 role quests in The Crystarium (Shadowbringers Role Quests - Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki - FFXIV / FF14 ARR Community Wiki and Guide), you have more quests and final story of the Warriors of Darkness.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Finished msq over the weekend, can’t believe how bad the last battles were / how downhill the story went from 5.0 peak. Just need to do the last nier raid and I have nothing to login for until EW except submarine refreshes. Really hoping it’s good.
Can't say that I agree but the Eden raids are another "ending" for the Shadowbringers storyline which is well worth doing and better/more emotionally impactful bosses than the MSQ trial boss. Savage Eden has a extra/even better final boss too.

Also about the MSQ end boss if you didn't know
Elidibus takes the form of the Final Fantasy 1 Warrior
which increases the gravity of the encounter for people in the know.

I really like how the expansion has 3 end bosses though, one at launch for 5.0, one at the end of the raid patches and one at the end of the MSQ patches.

It means you have a good story to follow no matter where you are in the expansion. The other expansions did this too but the Shadowbringers raids are much tighter with the story than the Heavensward/Stormblood raids which were much more sidestory like.

Last edited:

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Man, there are some really really bad players in this game. 5 wipes on midsormgormar or whatever the fuck he is in Keeper of the Lake....Me and the healer carrying the team.

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
You didn't liked 5.3 Ehrgeix?

If you didn't do it, you have Bozja and the resistance weapon (relic), Delubrum (normal, Delubrum Reginae - Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki - FFXIV / FF14 ARR Community Wiki and Guide) is a good step up from usual difficulty.
"To unlock the quest chain, players need to be level 80 with a Disciple of war or Disciple of Magic and complete the MSQ, as well as The City of Lost Angels (The City of Lost Angels - Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki - FFXIV / FF14 ARR Community Wiki and Guide)".
You also have The Sorrow of Werlyt Quests - Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki, the story is not bad and The Cloud Deck (Extreme) is a fun fight!

Also try Eden Savage 9-12, it is great.

When you finish the 4 role quests in The Crystarium (Shadowbringers Role Quests - Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki - FFXIV / FF14 ARR Community Wiki and Guide), you have more quests and final story of the Warriors of Darkness.

5.3 was ok but just ok, not comparable to 5.0 which was actually good. Elidibus was uninteresting compared to Emet Selch but better than Zenos/Fandaniel. I hated Bozja (it felt like a worse Eureka which I actually did finish / do BA etc) but I have done the extreme primals and eden savage (and TEA). I was really into this game for a long time - lodestone is here: Something Wicked | FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone - but since 5-8s there's been nothing I got really into except trying to solo deep dungeons.

Juvarisx

Florida
Are all event rewards MGP?

The cosmetics outfits are quest rewards, the music rolls are exchanged via an item dropped from a special fate, the card is 10k MGP, the Mount is 200k MGP, and the hairstyle is 20k MGP. There is an "Ironworks Vendor" who sells it all in the Gold Saucer (same spot as the vendor during the Gold Saucer bonus event).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

The cosmetics outfits are quest rewards, the music rolls are exchanged via an item dropped from a special fate, the card is 10k MGP, the Mount is 200k MGP, and the Modern Astatic (ie. hairstyle is 20k MGP. There is an "Ironworks Vendor" who sells it all.
Thanks! Would have liked the mount but I have all of 15k mgp. :(

Juvarisx

Florida
Thanks! Would have liked the mount but I have all of 15k mgp. :(

Well the event lasts over a month so you have lots of time to accumulate that amount of MGP. Sit in GS and do Gates + 3 Mini Cacpots and you can get that amount in a few days casually. Also if you hate gates make sure to do wonderous tails, if you get atleast 1 line you can select the MGP card as a reward to give you a nice boost. 1 line is 30k, 2 lines is 100k MGP and 3 is 1 Mill MGP

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Finally finished the realm reborn main quest on Friday as a level 58 dragoon and level 55 Summoner, now went and unlocked Blue mage and got it to level 42.

The unskippable cut scenes near the end in those instances were damn annoying.

Aazrael

Well the event lasts over a month so you have lots of time to accumulate that amount of MGP. Sit in GS and do Gates + 3 Mini Cacpots and you can get that amount in a few days casually. Also if you hate gates make sure to do wonderous tails, if you get atleast 1 line you can select the MGP card as a reward to give you a nice boost. 1 line is 30k, 2 lines is 100k MGP and 3 is 1 Mill MGP
Yea might be doable. I've not used Golden saucer at all before last week lol.