Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Finally finished the realm reborn main quest on Friday as a level 58 dragoon and level 55 Summoner, now went and unlocked Blue mage and got it to level 42.

The unskippable cut scenes near the end in those instances were damn annoying.
They don't do it like that again thankfully. If they made it today, it would be a dungeon with long skippable cutscene at the end only and a trial with long skippable cutscene at the end.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Thanks! Would have liked the mount but I have all of 15k mgp. :(
Get MGP FC buff(via FC or via the tickets from the weeklies squadron stuff) and do Fashion Report. It's 60k every week, with just that, and generally takes about 5mins and 2 to 50k gold depending on the items. After that you can either do challenge log with the minigames+GATE stuff(that's like 10-15k iirc, plus what you get as rewards), and you'll basically have enough in 3weeks of fairly casual effort. Can also add daily cactpot and jumbo weekly cacpot to generally get another ~20-30k a week(sometimes a lot more depending on luck, can get 10k pretty often out of the daily). And if you're feeling adventurous you can check out the Lord of Vermillion weekly tournaments, just participating(doing one fight against a NPC), will generally net you 60-70k, although when more people play those numbers can go down a lot so I'd only consider it 20k or so. Takes like 2minutes if you have the right pets to quickly crush the computer.

Current fashion report before the reset in case you haven't done, you only need to do the "easy 80pt" part at the bottom, and sometimes there's even easier ones if you have various armors and glamours saved up:
Check reddit on friday or so when the next fashion report is known.

It's really easy to make enough MGP during the event duration, as long as you don't wake up on the last week. Hell if you grind it playing minigames/triple triad/chocobo you can easily do it in a week it's just pretty grindy.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Man, there are some really really bad players in this game. 5 wipes on midsormgormar or whatever the fuck he is in Keeper of the Lake....Me and the healer carrying the team.
It's one of the harder dungeons in the game, especially if you're just wearing random gear from msq progress and not full poetics.

Cybsled

Ya, that dungeon introduces a lot of new mechanics + messing them up badly can result in dying very easily. Wiping on final boss as a sprout is almost expected.

Goonsquad Officer
Bardums mettle can be the same if you have a sprout squad, or sprout tank specifically

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finished msq over the weekend, can’t believe how bad the last battles were / how downhill the story went from 5.0 peak. Just need to do the last nier raid and I have nothing to login for until EW except submarine refreshes. Really hoping it’s good.

I'm actually someone who agrees that the 5.0 peak was higher for me than 5.3, but 5.3 was still fantastic imo. But I enjoyed the rest of the patch content as well, since everything post 5.3 is just buildup for Endwalker.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Bardam is wildly overtuned, tanks get squashed even in full 270 and 270 is the ilvl of the dungeon before Bardam.
It is somewhat overtuned compared to some other dungeons, but is overall not that hard, it does have weird quirks though, like how the pulls aren't clearly defined with walls. There's walls, but pulling wall to wall is pretty brutal to heal and tank because it has many high damage mobs and the walls are very far(so sprint runs out and you start getting hit on the way). If people know what they're doing it's honestly kinda whatever, but if they don't it can get real fucky. Also if your tank is a DRK it just feels terrible. They need to add a lower TBN version earlier and have the 70 job quest give you an upgrade instead, so DRK doesn't feel like shit when leveling.

At least tanks don't use DPS accessories anymore, that shit was so fucking cancer at SB launch, tanks having like 40% of their hp missing cause of the DPS meta bullshit and getting fucking slammed. As expected, it was the same tanks who were terrible at rolling cooldowns or using sprint or stacking the ranged mobs with the melee mobs and such. It was much "harder" at SB launch cause of this, nowadays it isn't as bad since tanks have proper gear(assuming they get all the poetics stuff).

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
With the Hurricane I have been having to work a ton of hours and I have been under the weather, I just got my Paladin job to 49 and MSQ to Lord of Crags. Reading up on it, it seems like the first encounter that requires any kind of real mechanical knowledge. I peaked at where I was in the MSQ, holy moly, I am never going to get caught up before Endwalkers.

Daidraco

With the Hurricane I have been having to work a ton of hours and I have been under the weather, I just got my Paladin job to 49 and MSQ to Lord of Crags. Reading up on it, it seems like the first encounter that requires any kind of real mechanical knowledge. I peaked at where I was in the MSQ, holy moly, I am never going to get caught up before Endwalkers.
ARR drags, HW drags quite a bit less, and that drag continues to lessen significantly in Storms and then all the way into Shadowbringers. Teleport crystals being put in ideal places for a change, you being warped to locations occasionally, far less filler quests. Quests that dont contribute to the MSQ are shuttled off into their own blue or gold quests etc. Dungeons are quicker, and more stream lined. MSQ Trials nerfed into an almost LFR comparison type of difficulty. So basically, all that combines into you being able to get along further, more quickly, and far more enjoyably, than what you've just experienced. Which, unfortunately - you still have quite a bit of ARR left. But just keep chipping away at it, and you'll be into new content before you know it.

If I had to do it all over again today - I wouldnt level more than two classes and totally ignore everything that doesnt pertain to the MSQ. Only going back after I was completely caught up in order to finish up all the blues. Im not advocating rushing through the game, but there is just so much content out there that is essentially just cosmetics, and achievements.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Well I am glad it's rare but I really wish I had of checked the price before I used it...

1630999673845.png

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

LOL Thought I'd do the Fashion Report real quick during lunch break. Seems I missed it by 1 minute as I cant get judged until friday...

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Am I looking at PotD as the best way to take Drk from 32 to 60 with MSQ Roulette included post 50?

Resigned to 60+ just being grindy.

localhost

Golden Knight of the Realm
You can also just spam the highest dungeon avialable. Even faster and less painfull if you do it with a good player looking to level a healer.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
tanks should absolutely be in dungeon queue for xp, not potd.

potd is wildly overrated xp-wise because its a total crapshoot whether you get a speedy group or not.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
tanks should absolutely be in dungeon queue for xp, not potd.

potd is wildly overrated xp-wise because its a total crapshoot whether you get a speedy group or not.

Yeah, but it's fast and not so repetitive for me as I haven't done much PotD. I literally only have Drk and Blm left under 50 to level and the thought of doing multiple Brayfloxs', Qarn, Cutters etc to get to 50 leaves me feeling a bit queasy.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Farming shards to craft in addition to actual crafting materials is fucking stupid. I can't believe this is part of the crafting systems, which otherwise I quite like.

Goonsquad Officer
heh, yea i forget that part even exists. i just buy enormous lots once a year and forget the rest of the time. you're right tho!

i'll reiterate to folks. don't neglect your adventure squad! i should write up a whole big thing on it, but the bototm line is: fill up your follower pool (with well rounded classes but you optimally want healer, marauder, 2 archers). train their stats up. fill them with xp. and send them on missions they have 2 of 3 qualifications for. thten one day when you want to use them to grind some shit up, they will be there for you ready to go.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
The shard farming pretty much becomes a non-thing when you get on the ephemeral node train. You do it for the materials (aethersands, etc) and your in between ones or not quite so high quality hits will shower you in shards/crystals/clusters.