Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Shards/crystals is the one thing bots are good for, the prices are pretty low so it's worth just buying them, although you have to keep track of the prices a bit and check other servers, since sometimes for whatever reason one type will go up like crazy for a few days.

Ymmv depending on how much money you have but as mentionned you can also farm crystals pretty quickly once you get to ephemereal nodes and stuff, it's good money and much faster for crystals(you dozens per gather).

I usually just buy a bunch at the end of an expansion for the next one. I buy way too many though but figure it's fine. I think I have around 9k shards, 15 to 20k crystals and about 5k clusters. I hardly dent the reserves when I powerlvl all my crafters, and then since I don't really spam crafting too much it's plenty until the next time I buy. Definitely buy before next expansion though, the prices always go up during new expansion since the bots break and there's a much higher demand. They don't always go all crazy, but it's not uncommon for lightning crystals to go up to 150-200 each for a week for example, which is pretty stupid prices.

Cybsled

Easy shard farming:

1) Retainers bring back a lot of them if you send them on a mission to gather them

2) you can grow them. Even if you don’t own a house to use a garden, you can use planters I believe in an apartment or FC room. They grow pretty fast

3) Do all the crafter quests, even for crafting you don’t care about, because they front load you with shards. For instance, culinarian quests early on give fire shards, which you could use for your blacksmithing instead

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
heh, yea i forget that part even exists. i just buy enormous lots once a year and forget the rest of the time. you're right tho!

i'll reiterate to folks. don't neglect your adventure squad! i should write up a whole big thing on it, but the bototm line is: fill up your follower pool (with well rounded classes but you optimally want healer, marauder, 2 archers). train their stats up. fill them with xp. and send them on missions they have 2 of 3 qualifications for. thten one day when you want to use them to grind some shit up, they will be there for you ready to go.

Mine are all maxed out. All female, mostly FemRoe and Miqo'te. :D

They cap at 60 though so you're left with 10 levels before you can use your Trust.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do you find the xp from 51 to 60 on adventure squad to be worth it

Not really, you're pretty restricted on decent zones at 50 and above and even below that it's kind of slow because you can't really pull multiple packs. The party just can't sustain a heavy input of damage.

1631033516191.png

Chris

Potato del Grande
Do you find the xp from 51 to 60 on adventure squad to be worth it
I didn't. I did the DPS queues instead. I now have all mages and healers at 60.

The dugeons get a little trickier for the NPCs so real players end up being faster (NPCs are faster before 50 I found).

I think at that level you really need to pace yourself and rely on roulettes to get a few levels, then queue for a few dungeons to hit the breakpoints for the next dungeon or job quest (every 2 levels).

Luckily I'm back at work and can't be grinding dungeons 24/7 so it's working out.

It's a shame. For 32-41 spamming Brayflox with DPS was quick if boring, 41-50 in the three Coerthas dungeons was interesting and quicker than 32-40.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Shards/crystals is the one thing bots are good for, the prices are pretty low so it's worth just buying them, although you have to keep track of the prices a bit and check other servers, since sometimes for whatever reason one type will go up like crazy for a few days.

Ymmv depending on how much money you have but as mentionned you can also farm crystals pretty quickly once you get to ephemereal nodes and stuff, it's good money and much faster for crystals(you dozens per gather).

I usually just buy a bunch at the end of an expansion for the next one. I buy way too many though but figure it's fine. I think I have around 9k shards, 15 to 20k crystals and about 5k clusters. I hardly dent the reserves when I powerlvl all my crafters, and then since I don't really spam crafting too much it's plenty until the next time I buy. Definitely buy before next expansion though, the prices always go up during new expansion since the bots break and there's a much higher demand. They don't always go all crazy, but it's not uncommon for lightning crystals to go up to 150-200 each for a week for example, which is pretty stupid prices.

Yeah I have thousands of crystals/clusters I bought at super cheap prices over the courses of the last 2 expansions. Also at some point they upped the max return on retainer ventures for crystals to 100 each. Sending multiple retainers out every 40 minutes for 100 crystals per venture easy way to slow grind a bunch if needed.

Shards are kind of whatever b/c you get to a point where they just aren't used anymore.

Xerge

<Donor>
Not wrong but IMO hotbar gameplay feels completely archaic after years of ESO and some New World. Move while casting, snappy actions, and active dodging&blocking is a more enjoyable experience imo. Thankfully FF14's single player experience is second to none as described above and the story is totally worth it.

Wait.. I feel like ESO could compete with FF14 for ERP gay cat players in the world. Fucking khajiit

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not wrong but IMO hotbar gameplay feels completely archaic after years of ESO and some New World. Move while casting, snappy actions, and active dodging&blocking is a more enjoyable experience imo. Thankfully FF14's single player experience is second to none as described above and the story is totally worth it.

Wait.. I feel like ESO could compete with FF14 for ERP gay cat players in the world. Fucking khajiit

Spare a thought for all of those folks from Hello Kitty Online who are still looking for a home.

• 1Worf

Daidraco

I think FFXIV wins in the cosmetic/race department by a long shot over ESO, Xerge Xerge . I never do housing shit, so if it wasnt for Asmongold's videos on what is basically a digital brothel in FFXIV towns - I would have never known how extreme some people take that shit. I know ESO has some extreme role playing in it too, but every time I came across it in ESO it was at least a nerdy type of cool. An entire guild sitting in a bar for example. I'm sure there are freaks everywhere, but FFXIV is just over the f'n top and corrupting my Limsa Lominsa choice. :I'm Fine:

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
After just dipping into Heavensward, I think they should rename the game Final Fantasy 14: A Godsdamned Primal.

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
After just dipping into Heavensward, I think they should rename the game Final Fantasy 14: A Godsdamned Primal.

Hey if it ends up being FF14's PoP because primal fights in this game are fun as hell. They've got my money.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Shadowbringers is a nice break from primals, Endwalker isn't looking so good on that front though lol.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
They definitely went all "Oh, you like primals? HOW ABOUT BLUE/PURPLE ONES?!!"

Final scenario battle of Shadowbringers was pretty great imo

Daidraco

Honestly, with where the story is at - Im hoping we see the end of Primals being a threat in any meaningful capacity sometime soon. They are far too easy to summon given how frequently we encounter them and how easily they are dispatched within the lore.

Daidraco

Except they aren't easily dispatched.
Could just be me missing something important that I overlooked? But its been hinted at that Primals are being taken care of by individual states at this point. We dont really know the population of each state, so if they said it takes 1000's of people to kill a primal doesnt really put any significance into it. Being turned towards the Primal was the real threat afaik, and now that there is a cure... ..