Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah I'm not touching Animas again for a while lol.

Meanwhile, I finished my second Resistance weapon, am on the last stage on the third, and on the early stages of a fourth.

The way you can progress multiple steps by doing a single activity (mainly DR for the last 2 steps) kinda encourages you to do multiple at a time.

Goonsquad Officer
Putting alt jobs on a few steps at once and leaving them to accumulate parts from doing roulettes is maximum synergy

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah at this point the most annoying part to me are the 60 memories from HW Fates. That part is bullshit and boring.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I finally got all of my DOH/L classes to 80, started looking at crafting high end gear for them... and it seems pointless? The white scrip equipment is better than crafted and requires less scrips! I guess crafted gear is only relevant earlier in the xpac before they patched in the high tier white scrip items?

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Saw HQ 510 gear was like 45k a piece today so bought a full tank set and started converting to 520. Been slacking with gear so it was a huge upgrade from like 490 stuff I had. Guess prices fall before new expansion. :p

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I finally got all of my DOH/L classes to 80, started looking at crafting high end gear for them... and it seems pointless? The white scrip equipment is better than crafted and requires less scrips! I guess crafted gear is only relevant earlier in the xpac before they patched in the high tier white scrip items?
Crafted gear has materia slots, and can be overmelded(so they technically have 5 slots worth of materias on every piece). You can get much better stats out of the crafted gear, and especially CP which usually isn't available on most white scrip gear while you can get 3+ on every piece of crafted.

White scrip gear is a catchup/cheap alternative. It's enough to do a bunch of things, but it's far from the best.

Saw HQ 510 gear was like 45k a piece today so bought a full tank set and started converting to 520. Been slacking with gear so it was a huge upgrade from like 490 stuff I had. Guess prices fall before new expansion. :p
They've been that low for a while actually, part of it is just how easy it is to level crafters nowadays, so there's a lot more people doing it and it crashed the prices on everything. It's good for new/returning players who don't craft though, you can buy whole sets for basically the price of one weapon back in Stormblood. Even this close to Shadowbringers release, stuff was still selling for 200-250k for accs and up to 800-900k for popular weapons(SAM katana for example) in SB.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Ya scrip gear for crafters is “good enough” for casual crafting or catch up, but you’ll struggle on in-expansion 3star+ master crafts or the resplendent tool quests

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I guess I will figure that out soon! I have full white scrip gear on my harvesters, it's enough to get +2 pick clean on normal l60 harvestables, max collectability on l60 harvestables in 2.5 swings. Only +1 pick clean on dolomite etc, so there is some value on trying to max out the gear I suppose.. but not enough to put in the effort to actually do it.

I am working on white scrip crafting gear now.. I am planning on crafting exarchic for my adventurer jobs so I may hit a wall trying to craft that, we will see!

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
My cash farm has been doing Hades with the cheese strat on phase 3, getting those weapon crafting materials to sell for 2mil gil

Funds crafters pretty well

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah at this point the most annoying part to me are the 60 memories from HW Fates. That part is bullshit and boring.
Been farming poetics, and then these memories from Fates and nearly done with all the jobs. Then it's the huge grind for Bitter Memories, so endless Antitower dungeon runs, and then the Castrum farm to get those isn't nearly as bad since you only have to run three.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Highly recommend going tank or healer for anti-tower you can control the pacing. I got them down to 10-13 minute runs if I was up front with people about speeding through everything

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
This "one time only" last step on current relic is pretty brutal. I got a fair bit of the easy memories off Zadnor FATEs, but the CE ones are obviously super low, and now I have to farm like 60-70 old raids and that sounds pretty terrible. Doesn't help I've been playing offhours, so I can't get quick queues or a PF party. I really want to get on the next step so I can do DR and get materials for both the previous steps and the last step but until then I'm just gonna grind every now and then I guess. At least grinding to 25 was pretty short in Zadnor, much shorter than 10-15 in Bozja as far as I remember. Only took like 2 or 3hours or so for 15-25, I thought it'd slow to shit the last 5 levels like they did in Bozja but it kept being pretty quick actually.

Crone

This "one time only" last step on current relic is pretty brutal. I got a fair bit of the easy memories off Zadnor FATEs, but the CE ones are obviously super low, and now I have to farm like 60-70 old raids and that sounds pretty terrible. Doesn't help I've been playing offhours, so I can't get quick queues or a PF party. I really want to get on the next step so I can do DR and get materials for both the previous steps and the last step but until then I'm just gonna grind every now and then I guess. At least grinding to 25 was pretty short in Zadnor, much shorter than 10-15 in Bozja as far as I remember. Only took like 2 or 3hours or so for 15-25, I thought it'd slow to shit the last 5 levels like they did in Bozja but it kept being pretty quick actually.
Just hang out in Zadnor for a day and should get it done. Just focus on 1 area at a time for Fates, and then CE's from all over the place.

Crone

Highly recommend going tank or healer for anti-tower you can control the pacing. I got them down to 10-13 minute runs if I was up front with people about speeding through everything
I don't want to wait in the DPS queues so this is what I've been doing. Honestly, even DPS queues aren't that bad because it's running so much, but yea. The runs go quick! This is one where I'll do 2-4 of them in a row, and then move on to something else. Come back the next day and do another few. If this was the only thing I had to do in-game I'd never get it done outta sheer boredom, but taking it easy and casual on it makes it a lot better. Plus, I found a Google sheet that has all these tick boxes, so it's fun marking shit off a list.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Just hang out in Zadnor for a day and should get it done. Just focus on 1 area at a time for Fates, and then CE's from all over the place.
Well the fates are fine, I'm short on the first area one and missing a few on 2nd, but 3rd is done even, it's just the CE stuff that's slow as fuck and I want to do raids for. CEs only pop like every 15mins or whatever, so yeah taking a while. I'm not in a super hurry just annoying.

Also NDA lift for Press Tour is in a few hours, apparently midnight pacific. MrHappy said he had 25 videos ready, which somewhat makes sense(19 classes now, so that's the bulk, and then the usual dungeon run, exploration of the city, the 2 outdoor zones and then videos on specific improvements like UI stuff or stat squish and so on).

Crone

Well the fates are fine, I'm short on the first area one and missing a few on 2nd, but 3rd is done even, it's just the CE stuff that's slow as fuck and I want to do raids for. CEs only pop like every 15mins or whatever, so yeah taking a while. I'm not in a super hurry just annoying.

Also NDA lift for Press Tour is in a few hours, apparently midnight pacific. MrHappy said he had 25 videos ready, which somewhat makes sense(19 classes now, so that's the bulk, and then the usual dungeon run, exploration of the city, the 2 outdoor zones and then videos on specific improvements like UI stuff or stat squish and so on).
I heard 5am PST tomorrow, not midnight?

And every 15 minutes? :( Slow server? CE's in the Zadnor's I always get into were popping back to back. I'd end one, and immediately queue another. :(

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

And every 15 minutes? :( Slow server? CE's in the Zadnor's I always get into were popping back to back. I'd end one, and immediately queue another. :(
As I said, off hours, instances aren't full, middle of the night and stuff. Sometimes they spawn faster but depends a bit on who's inside and what they're doing. It's also gonna be annoying to get into Dalriada for the same reason, I need to adjust my sleeping schedule a bit to match more reasonable hours.

And yeah you're right it's later, thought it was midnight.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Been farming poetics, and then these memories from Fates and nearly done with all the jobs. Then it's the huge grind for Bitter Memories, so endless Antitower dungeon runs, and then the Castrum farm to get those isn't nearly as bad since you only have to run three.

The bitter memories are actually really easy to get doing cluster farming groups in the first Bozja zone. Not sure if there are many anymore b/c everyone probably got everything they need and have huge stockpiles of Lost Actions already, but farm groups doing mass pulls in the first zone you will randomly get drops of bitter memories and the 20/20/20 Fate drop steps. As long as you keep a class on each of those steps can just build those up while cluster farming. Granted like I said, this was a couple months ago when people were doing them pretty reg. I actually ending up getting enough bitter memories to complete every class relic from this (although I don't have nearly enough of everything else to finish all relics).

Malkav

French Madman

Yeah, according to MrHappy on Twitter it's 5 am PDT, so still a few hours. Damn it, I wanted to enjoy it with my morning coffee.

As far as CE go in Zadnor, they do not pop by themselves. People need to kill magitek ennemies to make them pop. So depending if your instance is just full of leechers or if you are off hours, they can be really slow to pop.

Pyros Pyros I was lucky to enough to be done with the axles from CE without doing too much Alex, but boy did I have to do a few O3 and a lot of E3. O3 drove me nuts running as monk with twitchy tanks or tanks placing her in the worst spots ever. The 20 something E3 runs I had to do are seared into my mind too.

Malkav

French Madman
So GamerEscape uploaded tooltips infographics early on a non secure easily accessible public URL, so we got skill tooltips for most jobs out of it (not MNK sadly). We don't have the Traits though.

That SMN rework looks dope, and they have a consistant rotation starting at low level.