Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Phew I burned out levelling all the jobs between lv50 and lv60.

Unsubbed but will be back just before Endwalker.

Will probably choose a job and focus on that to 80 to main in Endwalker. Not sure what to choose, maybe Summoner solo so that I can get those Scholar instant queues?

Krowbar

Molten Core Raider
Phew I burned out levelling all the jobs between lv50 and lv60.

Unsubbed but will be back just before Endwalker.

Will probably choose a job and focus on that to 80 to main in Endwalker. Not sure what to choose, maybe Summoner solo so that I can get those Scholar instant queues?
Don't do what I did and ignore summoner because scholar was too much fun. Instant-queues are part of the fun for healers and I got caught up in all the dungeon and roulette runs with FC members that I was 72 before I knew it and had no SMN job quests done. I tried to go back and do them but found it really hard compared to the other jobs. Now my SCH sits at ilevel 465 and SMN is languishing at 280 and I don't feel like playing it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>

I haven't played FF14 but this alone should embarrass the fucking shit out of everyone at Blizzard. Look at the difference in attitude towards the people passionate about their game. Ion is such a failure dicksucker by comparison. Just being humble enough for this guy to sit down and bullshit with these guys is such a contrast.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I like how they removed the timed buff windows for some abilities. Like dragoon blue buff, eno-chan and paladin spell cast phase. That's one thing I always felt stressed out about the jobs.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Just being humble enough for this guy to sit down and bullshit with these guys is such a contrast.
Once you read "Yoshida uncensored", a collection of articles written for a magazine collected into two books, you will realize that Yoshi-P is not even comparable to Ion.

There is translated PDF flying around.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Yoshi is also one of the few OG mmo players who can deliver modern content. He was name dropping UO, DAOC, EQ

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think there's some misunderstanding going on here. Cluster farms do not give you memories, they make CE's spawn faster and those give you memories.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Cluster farm in Bozja give memories for one of the first steps(the HW FATEs one iirc). Cluster farm in Zadnor doesn't give anything.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I am working on white scrip crafting gear now.. I am planning on crafting exarchic for my adventurer jobs so I may hit a wall trying to craft that, we will see!
Wall encountered. With full white scrip crafting gear you can easily make Aesthete's and their components with about 90% HQ rate just using macros. Probably 100% if you manual but I CBF.
But to craft Exarchic you don't have enough control, so I am working on an Aesthete's set. I'm not willing to waste a million gil blowing up materia though so I'm only going 1 red materia slot deep on each item. I think it will be enough, but we will see. The cost of slithersand is killing me though. It's enough to make me spend more time focussing on getting my retainer up to Cubus Flesh level.

Cybsled

Don't forget we are only a month out from the next xpac, so don't break the bank on gear that is going to be soon depreciated

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The crafting gear at least stays relevant a bit longer than the combat gear. A solid crafting set will last you all the way to 90 and until you craft the new 90 there, and if it's BiS pentamelded, some slots can probably last until 6.1 new crafting gear depending on how hard they make it.

That said I wouldn't invest shit into it either, and just level normally, white scrip gear will do the job to get to 82 or whatever the new set is available, and then you can just craft the 90 set once you get there and meld that until 6.1. Pointless to waste several millions melding gear you won't get money back on. You can just buy the stuff you want instead and probably save money. My minimal melds still cost me like 1.5m or something like that, and if you substract the material cost from the crafted combat gear costs on the AH currently as well as materials for the crafting gear, you could probably buy 4 classes worth with that much money, so you'd need to craft more than that to "gain" money, and the time spent could probably generate more money elsewhere. BiS melds are like 10m and you're definitely not getting that money back.

So yeah, custom deliveries to white scrip gear and then just do expansion would be my advice for any current new crafter.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The crafting gear at least stays relevant a bit longer than the combat gear. A solid crafting set will last you all the way to 90 and until you craft the new 90 there, and if it's BiS pentamelded, some slots can probably last until 6.1 new crafting gear depending on how hard they make it.

That said I wouldn't invest shit into it either, and just level normally, white scrip gear will do the job to get to 82 or whatever the new set is available, and then you can just craft the 90 set once you get there and meld that until 6.1. Pointless to waste several millions melding gear you won't get money back on. You can just buy the stuff you want instead and probably save money. My minimal melds still cost me like 1.5m or something like that, and if you substract the material cost from the crafted combat gear costs on the AH currently as well as materials for the crafting gear, you could probably buy 4 classes worth with that much money, so you'd need to craft more than that to "gain" money, and the time spent could probably generate more money elsewhere. BiS melds are like 10m and you're definitely not getting that money back.

So yeah, custom deliveries to white scrip gear and then just do expansion would be my advice for any current new crafter.
I'm looking at having multiple jobs with the 520 augmented Exarchic. Is this the gear you're talking about that will last a while?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm looking at having multiple jobs with the 520 augmented Exarchic. Is this the gear you're talking about that will last a while?
The crafting gear, Aesthete stuff, for crafters. Crafters don't scale the same and melding makes it better than it is, so crafters can usually go all the way to the next cap without having to switch gear if you have melded gear.

Combat classes(using exarchic) will replace all their shit by the 2nd/3rd dungeon. I mean, you won't find full sets, so you'll only replace some pieces on the first char, but the more chars you level, the more gear you get, until you have full set of every dungeon so it becomes easy to replace.

What I meant is, gearing your crafter right now to be able to self craft Exarchic might not be worth it, depending on how much you invest into the crafters, versus just buying the gear directly cheaply. If you invest say 2m into gearing your crafters, you have to consider exactly how many exarchic sets you're gonna make and what's the cost of making them versus buying them(market price - materials price) and if it's worth it at all.

Also have to remember that exarchic sets, while adequate, aren't really that good and once the expansion hits, if you do various roulettes everyday(mostly the alliance raid, and MSQ if you can stomach that shit), you get a ton of poetics, and once EW hits, all the current 530 tome gear will be available for poetics at half price+100. That means 3000poetics buys you a full set of armor+accs, 600 for the weapon. It becomes pretty easy to just have full 530 gear on every class you play past the first couple just from the poetics you'll get at that point, so that 520 gear becomes obsolete on classes you don't plan on leveling asap. That's why my plan is to gear my monk and healer stuff with current 530 savage/tome gear, I already have phys DPS geared up, and I'm not touching the rest. I'll buy full 530 tank/caster/ninja/reaper shit with poetics I get after the expansion starts, and since I plan on doing MNK > SCH+SGE, I'll have plenty of times to get these poetics(500 per week from BLU, 500 for allegory tomes conversion, 100+ a day from alliance roulette and obviously start expansion with 2000 saved up, so literally first day I can buy a full set for tank).

Now if you're planning on playing the classes before the expansion a bunch, then sure it's worth getting exarchic to at least have a baseline. Just meant, you won't need full exarchic on everything, because you'll likely replace a bunch of it before you even get to play the class due to poetics 530 gear(unless you do a weird play every class for 1 level thing, and even then you'll probably get enough poetics).

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
The crafting gear, Aesthete stuff, for crafters. Crafters don't scale the same and melding makes it better than it is, so crafters can usually go all the way to the next cap without having to switch gear if you have melded gear.

Combat classes(using exarchic) will replace all their shit by the 2nd/3rd dungeon. I mean, you won't find full sets, so you'll only replace some pieces on the first char, but the more chars you level, the more gear you get, until you have full set of every dungeon so it becomes easy to replace.

What I meant is, gearing your crafter right now to be able to self craft Exarchic might not be worth it, depending on how much you invest into the crafters, versus just buying the gear directly cheaply. If you invest say 2m into gearing your crafters, you have to consider exactly how many exarchic sets you're gonna make and what's the cost of making them versus buying them(market price - materials price) and if it's worth it at all.

Also have to remember that exarchic sets, while adequate, aren't really that good and once the expansion hits, if you do various roulettes everyday(mostly the alliance raid, and MSQ if you can stomach that shit), you get a ton of poetics, and once EW hits, all the current 530 tome gear will be available for poetics at half price+100. That means 3000poetics buys you a full set of armor+accs, 600 for the weapon. It becomes pretty easy to just have full 530 gear on every class you play past the first couple just from the poetics you'll get at that point, so that 520 gear becomes obsolete on classes you don't plan on leveling asap. That's why my plan is to gear my monk and healer stuff with current 530 savage/tome gear, I already have phys DPS geared up, and I'm not touching the rest. I'll buy full 530 tank/caster/ninja/reaper shit with poetics I get after the expansion starts, and since I plan on doing MNK > SCH+SGE, I'll have plenty of times to get these poetics(500 per week from BLU, 500 for allegory tomes conversion, 100+ a day from alliance roulette and obviously start expansion with 2000 saved up, so literally first day I can buy a full set for tank).

Now if you're planning on playing the classes before the expansion a bunch, then sure it's worth getting exarchic to at least have a baseline. Just meant, you won't need full exarchic on everything, because you'll likely replace a bunch of it before you even get to play the class due to poetics 530 gear(unless you do a weird play every class for 1 level thing, and even then you'll probably get enough poetics).
Sad to think the grind for the resistance weapon will be out of ILVL within a few dungeons at EW release

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Sad to think the grind for the resistance weapon will be out of ILVL within a few dungeons at EW release
Always the case, relics are basically just for replacing tome weapons in certain patches/if you're catching up, and for glamour. And largely for glamour, that's why I don't bother making them on all classes and only just check which class has good looking ones.

While it's a bit sad, ultimately it beats the opposite situation with FFXI where you basically have to start by farming your REMA(relic empyrean mythic asomething? forgot) before you can even do fucking anything. Could be a middle ground of having the relic last at least the entire leveling process(make it scale to 585 on expansion release, new AF weapons are 590 iirc in EW) and that would be fine but doesn't really matter all that much versus just glamouring it over some random dungeon weap. Hell you can lvl to 90 with a 535 weapon for sure, you'll start dipping in damage especially in the 89 dungeon, but it'll be entirely doable especially with trusts. Once 90 comes though you have to switch and I like that personally, don't want to have to go farm old relics if I didn't do it during the expansion. But I'll still have current MNK relic glamours, and Zodiac book and Anima sword+shield and such, so I don't regret doing them cause I still use them(Eureka one I don't use though but I liked Eureka overall so don't mind it).

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I don't bother replacing my equipment with levelling dungeon stuff, I turn all of that into GC seals.
When I came back a few months ago having left during ARR, I have used poetic equipment for the whole tier until I could get the new tier poetic gear.
Right now my main jobs are all 80 wearing level 70 tomestone equipment, just on the shadowbringers quest right now so soon I'll unlock getting the level 80 tomestone equipment. Going to be slower since there's no poetics at 80 yet which is why I'm looking to craft a bunch of exarchic to fill in while I wait.