Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Vaulthry's twist, Minfillia being there(it was known there'd be something about it from Thancred's line in the intro, but you clearly see both Minfillia and Ryne at the same time), the first night creation cutscene and then yeah the big reveal at the end. On top of that there's a bunch of content spoiler which is less important but you can see Innocence for example which iirc they hadn't shown in the LLs. As I said doesn't spoil most of the big stuff or anything but still was a bunch of stuff.

2weeks delay is kinda weird, seems too short to get a lot done, they must have some small things to polish maybe?
Seems like its mostly qa related.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Makes sense with these many new players about to experience a FF xpac launch for the first time. Want to get it right. Plus this slams directly into WoW's timewalking shit.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's probably those, along the lines of Raubahn EX. Small, but annoying.
Well I don't think they could fix something like instance load in 2 weeks, either the servers will be enough or not. I guess if they're deploying new servers and they're not ready that'd work.

Ultimately considering how little they usually need to hotfix/patch, their QA does excelent work so if they say they need 2 more weeks to QA I'd think that's cause they actually need them. Better that than launching and having people MSQ break or whatever other shit.

Doesn't impact me too much, although I was expecting to let my sub run a few days and then resub, so guess it'll be a couple of weeks instead, since I'm basically done with prep work.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Vaulthry's twist, Minfillia being there(it was known there'd be something about it from Thancred's line in the intro, but you clearly see both Minfillia and Ryne at the same time), the first night creation cutscene and then yeah the big reveal at the end. On top of that there's a bunch of content spoiler which is less important but you can see Innocence for example which iirc they hadn't shown in the LLs. As I said doesn't spoil most of the big stuff or anything but still was a bunch of stuff.

2weeks delay is kinda weird, seems too short to get a lot done, they must have some small things to polish maybe?

I feel like the Vauthry twist isn't anything people would realize in the moment just watching it, and if they were digging that deeply, Innocence as a fight was known prior to that launch trailer. Also the Minfillia/Ryne scene was quick enough that it just kind of generated questions more than spoiled anything (at least for me). Same for first night creation thing, doubt anyone really knew that was what they were watching unless they were hardcore trying to analyze the trailer after the fact. All mostly little stuff or things you'd have to really drill down on I thought at the time (aside from the obvious big one at the end). Everyone's mileage on what they consider spoilery kind of varies, though.

2 weeks does seem short. Yoshi clearly trying to take all the blame on himself. Maybe they took a last look and figured they had to flesh out a few things a little better?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I want to like it, part of me is like "wtf". That same part will become addicted to it.
Well I don't know how it'll turn out, but spearfishing in its current state is definitely some weird shit they put together in a hurry when they made underwater areas it feels like. New minigame looks interesting but might not be that fun when you're farming if it takes too long or whatever. I do like that there seems to be a skill based aspect, recognizing which fish shape you want and ignoring other fishes and what not, plus there's skills to it, so it'll feel more like normal fishing where you make strategies for fishing specific stuff.

I wonder if it means they'll add Big Fishes to spearfishing though.

Anyway it's a nice change, no one really asked for it or cared that much but I'll take it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
Man that sucks and I need to push back my 2 weeks off work.

YoshiP almost going dogeza on the desk is something though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I think that's the worst part, people who setup vacation days, since 2weeks isn't much notice to move them depending on where you work and how much of a dick your boss is. The upside is savage doesn't land right in the middle of xmas. I guess Blizzard's move also got messed up in the delay, wonder if they'll magically have to delay their own plans too.

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah I think that's the worst part, people who setup vacation days, since 2weeks isn't much notice to move them depending on where you work and how much of a dick your boss is. The upside is savage doesn't land right in the middle of xmas. I guess Blizzard's move also got messed up in the delay, wonder if they'll magically have to delay their own plans too.

At least it should be fine with my boss who is a geek and is fully aware on why I took time off, and my workload is pretty flexible. Coworkers are not taking days off before the christmas week anyway. I'll just have to reschedule a meeting or two. But I'm kinda bummed because beyond the expansion release, I was also looking forward to having some time off, so pushing it back to week is a bit eh.

Started watching the LL, they really are pushing it back just because YoshiP has some Q&A doubts and want to be thorough. I don't know many studios that'd do that.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
1636192634447.png

Rali

Trakanon Raider
2 Weeks gives me enough time to get my PLD relic from 515 to 535 and maybe SAM too!

1636194908187.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

I fell asleep after they announced the housing shit, but a quick recap

1) It sounds like they are going to go pretty much full lotto when they add the new wards. Ishgard Housing isn't until 6.1, but you can preview the new housing area in 6.0. It will be based on Firmament
2) You can only enter the lotto for a single plot at any given time. You enter lotto by clicking on placard. You can also see how many people entered the lotto for that plot if you want to judge the odds
3) Full cost of the plot is required to enter the lotto. They are also getting rid of the plot depreciation mechanic (when cost lowers over time). This makes plots more expensive, but in theory gives you more money back on a relocation
4) Relocation does not get priority for plot selection in lotto and you have to enter with all the other plebs - your relocation will be factored into the down deposit, though
5) Lottos will follow a set schedule that will be consistent across worlds
6) If you win the lotto, you have a limited time to accept (few days I think). If you do not accept, then you forfeit 50% of your deposit and the lotto reopens
7) Everyone who lost lotto has 90 days to go to the placard to collect their down deposit
8) They also have the ability to selectively apply lotto, so it sounds like in the future they could decide to only make certain plots lotto or certain wards
9) They also made reselling very very hard by changing some FC rules in regards to property ownership (people would make fake FC to flip houses to buyers)

Over all this seems like the fairest system in a non-instanced housing environment. Everyone gets a shot and they have a lot of systems to get rid of "housing trolls". This system makes it harder to "upgrade" your existing house, though, since relocations no longer get priority.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why do you guys keep taking time off for releases, has that ever worked out?

Was looking forward to play it but two weeks is nothing. Also the Blizzard timewalking shit, who in their right mind go back to blizzard old content instead of a new expansion release? That just sounds stupid... But then again I never understood playing the classic shit of MMOs, I did that content once and it won't ever be the same.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users