Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Sage looks interesting as a high-speed shield/healer, I think it's probably gonna be really weird running older content with, but with the stat squish *shrug*.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Checked the mog store and it seems theres a sale. Boosts are half price. Might just buy one or two. If theres one bad thing about the game it's the leveling from 1-80 on an alt job.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Checked the mog store and it seems theres a sale. Boosts are half price. Might just buy one or two. If theres one bad thing about the game it's the leveling from 1-80 on an alt job.

Yeah, mentioned a page or two back. Snagged BLM and BRD as I'll never take either of those to 70 through DF. Still leaves MCH as my only sub 50 job but that ones looks like it could be fun to level at some point in the distant future.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
I don't know if it's someone from here (though it's the only place I can think of where I posted my referal code) but I woke up today to an ingame mail with 5 gold feathers from Refer a Friend, and those were the last one I needed to buy Twintania. So whoever you are, thanks.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida

Get the 3 pack of the retainer boosts if you have low level retainers. When I started I didnt realize what they were really so they were a pain in the ass to level up since I didnt have leveling gear to toss on em.

Aazrael

Get the 3 pack of the retainer boosts if you have low level retainers. When I started I didnt realize what they were really so they were a pain in the ass to level up since I didnt have leveling gear to toss on em.
I still don't know how retainers work... I know one reason are for selling but what do you actually make money selling on the MB? Then the other stuff they do I have no idea.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I don't know if it's someone from here (though it's the only place I can think of where I posted my referal code) but I woke up today to an ingame mail with 5 gold feathers from Refer a Friend, and those were the last one I needed to buy Twintania. So whoever you are, thanks.

Think that was me. Gratz!

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
I still don't know how retainers work... I know one reason are for selling but what do you actually make money selling on the MB? Then the other stuff they do I have no idea.

You can send them on missions to get crafting mats / pets/ toys etc. They have to be leveled and geared though so its a pain in the ass to do it retroactively. Can have two for free and good to get a third though, one botanist, one miner and one adventurer

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

Boosted my Ninja and did a trial (Susano). Topped the dmg meters on my first run, I did practice a bit on a dummy but the mudras kinda clicked after a bit. I still mess up quite a alot but it's a fun job allthough a bit harder then others I guess.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Quick explore is a bunch of xp on retainers and you don't really need gear for it. That said it takes a fucking long time to level them, iirc last time I reset it took me like 3weeks with 6+ ventures a day. So the boosts are definitely worth it especially if you want capped retainers before EW launch. Retainers during expansion launch generate stupid amounts of money because of all the crafters leveling. Don't know how it'll turn out this time with more players/more crafters, but in ShB it wasn't uncommon for every venture to be 50k+ early on, then down to like 15-20k after a week or two, but that's still a lot of money for clicking a few buttons once an hour(x the amount of retainers you have).

Malakriss

Important leveling mechanic for retainers: they cannot be a higher level than you are. So your combat ones should be the same class you level first and you won't be able to level the gatherer ones until your own gathering is raised.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

I hate this game, enjoyed the BLM a lot this weekend when farming some glamours. Then now that I boosted Ninja that is my favourite job all of a sudden.... Back to square one on what to level first at Endwalker release...

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
I’m a fucking moron, let this post serve as placement that I’m an idiot.

meant dark knight, not dragoon

Last edited:
  • 1Seriously?