Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I’ve taken plenty of PTO for releases and this is the first I’ve ever had to change. Bit of a bummer but hoping it shouldn’t be too hard to move since now I’ll be around prior to Thanksgiving when most folks usually are off. I’m also not too upset because there was a ton of non-work stuff overlapping with the release like doc appts. and having to do a bunch of driving to visit family.

Goonsquad Officer
1636216264287.png

• 9Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Malkav

French Madman
Why do you guys keep taking time off for releases, has that ever worked out?

Was looking forward to play it but two weeks is nothing. Also the Blizzard timewalking shit, who in their right mind go back to blizzard old content instead of a new expansion release? That just sounds stupid... But then again I never understood playing the classic shit of MMOs, I did that content once and it won't ever be the same.

I have been doing this since HW's release without having an issue ever. Usually when a game pushes back its release, it's not announced two weeks before the original date.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah this messes up my plans a bit; my boss is typically chill though so I can probably move it forward, but it sucks because I have moved on-call rotations and shit specifically to not be the primary recipient during that week.

But, I have a lot more faith in the FF team to not release a pile of broken shit like AGS, so I guess they really feel like they need a little more time.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I sure do hope a full version of the first song from the trailer shows up on the OSTs. Was loving that variation on the main theme.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Totally ok with the delay but rather confused about the length of it… wtf can possibly be wrong that they ONLY need two weeks? Like, it’s such a short random amount of time it makes me curious what they’ll actually be working on?

Goonsquad Officer
Totally ok with the delay but rather confused about the length of it… wtf can possibly be wrong that they ONLY need two weeks? Like, it’s such a short random amount of time it makes me curious what they’ll actually be working on?
my theory is server infrastructure

Cybsled

Didn't they actually mention it was server related?

Yoshi P even during the whole "Asmon Surge" mentioned that getting servers was really difficult, even if they were willing to pay more than retail due to the processor shortages

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
whatever the problem is at least they owned up too needing a couple more weeks too finish things out *shrug*

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I thought I’d read somewhere that there was some inconsistency or something fucky with continuity in the story that needed to be fixed and that fix time ate into the QA time. So the fix already happened but they don’t want to cut QA short or something.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Started the ninja Zodiac weapon and burned out before I even completed the first book. Think it will be a mega slow burn to complete it. The final daggers look cool though. Not finding many easy to obtain nice looking daggers.

Rali

Trakanon Raider

They're just doing the final passes to make sure tits and arses are big enough, and that no NPC has accidentally become a fruit bowl ;)

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malkav

French Madman
After not touching DoH/DoL since I started playing the game, I somehow got into it last week with the Firmament.

And here I'm now, with every one of those jobs at 80...

And I got addicted to fishing...Got FSH to 80 yesterday and I'm already on the last step of the Skybuilder's Fishing Rod (Skybuilder's are relics for DoH/DoL).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
After not touching DoH/DoL since I started playing the game, I somehow got into it last week with the Firmament.

And here I'm now, with every one of those jobs at 80...

And I got addicted to fishing...Got FSH to 80 yesterday and I'm already on the last step of the Skybuilder's Fishing Rod (Skybuilder's are relics for DoH/DoL).

Don't forget too do the Crystarium Deliveries ... the Bot/Min ones are good, as well ass the Weaver/Leatherworker/Carpenter ones..

it's gonne be interesting with all the changes to easier HQ crafts, sense HQ base materials are no longer a thing, I wonder what there gonna do with the whole 1 5-Star recipe they have in the game.

Malkav

French Madman
Don't forget too do the Crystarium Deliveries ... the Bot/Min ones are good, as well ass the Weaver/Leatherworker/Carpenter ones..

it's gonne be interesting with all the changes to easier HQ crafts, sense HQ base materials are no longer a thing, I wonder what there gonna do with the whole 1 5-Star recipe they have in the game.

Yeah I did those to level.

DoL will certainly be different without HQ mats. Fisher particularly.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Fisher still has HQ, they're just called Large Catch or whatever they said in the LL. They won't technically count as HQ for the purpose of crafting I assume(CUL stuff mostly but also ALC and GSM every now and then) but otherwise should behave the same, including maybe for leve turn ins but that's not confirmed. The leves behave like crafting leves to begin with though so wouldn't be too surprising, and Fishing is always its own thing(like how it still has Collector Gloves you can turn on/off unlike BTN/MIN).

I assume for crafting changes they might lean on expert recipes. They're a good way to prevent macro solving everything and reward smart crafting. They could mix expert recipes along with normal recipes in the master books. This way they can make the normal recipes easier without a concern, and still have some hard recipes that keep value even with the amount of additional crafters from the easier leveling systems and such.