Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I did Bozja and all the dungeons there and I don't know how to use Lost Actions because I just healed myself to stay safe from exp loss then others to help clear the fights.

Need to get to Zadnor before Endwalker.
You just get Essence of Aetherweaver for 96% additional dmg and you're good, it's pretty cheap if you don't have any from the stuff you looted yourself, like 1k each or whatever on my server so you can buy a nice stack of 50 or so, it's RNG what you get but you'll usually get ~10aetherweaver which is plenty to do DR runs and what not. It's just nice overall since it goes faster anyway. There's more actions you can use to increase dmg further(cleric stance and shit) but honestly just the essence is enough to have a fairly smooth run if everyone did use one. Sadly most people don't.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
My Ninja is 80 now and it's a really enjoyable Job to play. Not sure why it feels so fun. I always top dmg meters now in dungeons and even in raids and I don't play it 100% by any means.

I guess I really like the range/melee aspect of it and also the extra movement speed and teleports makes it really easy to jump all over the fight. The mudra system is also really cool, thought I would never learn the combos but it did not take long to learn them with 99% sucess rate.

Going to get the Resistance weapon for the Job and probably main it in Endwalker. Only 15 Alliance Raids to go...
They simplified Ninja a lot the same time they did the monk half-ass rework.

Ninja before was a total nightmare cause the Mudra system was so convoluted..

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They simplified Ninja a lot the same time they did the monk half-ass rework.

Ninja before was a total nightmare cause the Mudra system was so convoluted..
They didn't really change how Mudras work that much though, the main change is making them GCD so you don't have to weave them which was horrible if you had bad ping, but you still have to do the same mudra order, in fact it's "worse" compared to say SB, because of the Kassatsu trait which forces you to use Hyosho Ranryu when before it was a Ninjutsu you didn't have to even bother learning. The class overall changed a lot but Mudras/Ninjutsus didn't change all that much I'd say. They haven't even removed the rabbit, which considering some other things it feels like they could have(Dancer can just add more steps if they mess up and new MNK EW system will give you a weaker Blitz that still awards of a token if you mess up).

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I used to love NIN but after playing it for around a year I burned out on the frantic APM, same reason I shelved my AST. My job is stressful enough without coming home to twitch rotation anxiety. PLD and DNC by comparison are a breath of fresh air.

• 1Faggotry

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yea the only complaint i have is I wish it changed Raiton to be the big nuke when using Kassatsu. Usually the part I mess up on in the rotation.

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah from what i hear NIN burst phase is this crazy madman thing and is in stark contrast with the APM required outside of it.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah from what i hear NIN burst phase is this crazy madman thing and is in stark contrast with the APM required outside of it.

Unless it's changed, it was similar to pre-GL fix on MNK. You had to put in a bunch of extra effort and still be reliant on the stars aligning just to match similar levels of deeps from average SAMs.

I mean, you don't just play a class for its parses and there's a lot that is cool about NIN, the free pause button in open world (Self-Invis) for instance, but if you're having to work harder than others to produce the same result it eventually starts to wear thin.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Unless it's changed, it was similar to pre-GL fix on MNK. You had to put in a bunch of extra effort and still be reliant on the stars aligning just to match similar levels of deeps from average SAMs.

I mean, you don't just play a class for its parses and there's a lot that is cool about NIN, the free pause button in open world (Self-Invis) for instance, but if you're having to work harder than others to produce the same result it eventually starts to wear thin.
I wouldn't say you really have to work much harder, it's just weirdly balanced around the burst window where you have to shit out a lot of things quickly so until it's muscle memory it's annoying to play, while SAM is a lot more evened out so you never really have to go crazy. SAM does have its own quirks though since their rotation doesn't line up properly with raid buffs so you have to do some GCD dump stuff to re-align which depends on your SkS and can be further affected if you lose parts of a GCD from doing mechanics or what not, so you have some on-the-fly changes to your rotation, while Ninja is purely static.

But you won't beat a SAM on ingame damage meters regardless because you're not supposed to, Trick adds up so much raid damage NIN personnal dmg always is going to be lower than SAM. FFlogs will tell the story with rDPS but ingame meter if you want to be #1 you have to play SAM or BLM basically(assuming you play with other competent players, obviously with a bunch of retards you can be #1 on DNC, but that's not gonna feel good either).

Personally I like it at times but yeah I wouldn't main it, the burst windows are too annoying until you drill them perfectly. It's a great class for random mob killing like daily hunt marks and shit though cause Hide > Ninjutsu reset is busted as shit since you open every fight with double Raiton and just near instantly kill most standard mobs which is pretty hilarious. Hide is also nice at times to skip stuff while questing outside and stuff.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

I had more trouble with samurai due to the kenki spending vs the big nuke. And having to time up the cool downs. But then again I'm just a noob doing normals and maybe an extreme or two. I have no grand plans on savage raiding so will play what fits me the best, which seems to change weekly. :eek:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I had more trouble with samurai due to the kenki spending vs the big nuke. And having to time up the cool downs. But then again I'm just a noob doing normals and maybe an extreme or two. I have no grand plans on savage raiding so will play what fits me the best, which seems to change weekly. :eek:
Yeah early on that's definitely an issue with spending too much kenki, but that's an issue with a lot of classes, using up ressources or using something and then figuring out you should have waited 1 or 2 GCDs instead, you can reduce that eventually once you're well used to the class and have some time to check stuff coming up rather than just reacting. Even then still happens, I'll still Hypercharge on MCH when Drill is coming up(shit sometimes I hypercharge then notice drill AND reassemble are coming up which is really bad). Happens most of the time if I'm focusing on mechanics and just braindead pressing buttons. MNK also I'll see perfect balance is about to come up, start the whole cooldown phase, and then press perfect balance right before bootshine and then I'm like "well fuck that's one bootshine lost".

Most people who do savage aren't anywhere close to 100% perfection either though. The DPS checks aren't that demanding. 60-70% will usually do the job unless you're trying to eek out 1st week clears(and if you are you're probably more in the 85-90% crew anyway). The more gear you have over the bare minimum, the easier it becomes. Like current savage with echo and 530 gear you can be ridiculously bad and still make the enrage timers.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Astro is such a bad healer compared to the other two. My god. I'm considering shelving it until the re-work in the hopes it gets potency buffs because I can't spend nearly as much time DPSing as I would like.

Two charges of ED would really help but that's a looong way away, it really can't compare with scholar OGCD healers or white mages potency.

I do find it amusing that the Astro 50-60 Story is all running around healing people where the White Mage was running around killing things though.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, AST is an OGCD beast. Problem with it is you've so much going on it's easy to appear to miss a critical heal if you're too focussed on your cards.

Aazrael

Farming Syrcus Tower for resistance weapon and even with a fever and hardly knowing what I'm doing this is the result. Now I understand that you don't need your brain on and mega dps for alliance raids but why not try a little... The low 5 people are a healer and red mages and black mages...

This is the Xande fight which is basically just hitting buttons and zero mechanics.

deepz.png

Goonsquad Officer
i really need to set up ACT. i feel like i'm doing my rotations right but...i should get some proof.

• 1Solidarity

Aazrael

i really need to set up ACT. i feel like i'm doing my rotations right but...i should get some proof.
Yea that was the single reason I set ut up. Wanted to see how my damage held up on my dps jobs.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Farming Syrcus Tower for resistance weapon and even with a fever and hardly knowing what I'm doing this is the result. Now I understand that you don't need your brain on and mega dps for alliance raids but why not try a little... The low 5 people are a healer and red mages and black mages...

This is the Xande fight which is basically just hitting buttons and zero mechanics.

View attachment 381396
Syrcus Tower is also in most folks' duty roulette as the only alliance raid for the 'just unlocked the class' item level.

So you'll have all the lazy fucks trying to level alts there.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I'm still waiting for the day that the Sucubus will show up instead of Proto-Ultima in Dun Scaith and watch everyone wipe too her over and over rofl..

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider

This seems kind of cool, esp for stuff like ultimates or savages where in pugs sometimes you only get to the thing u want to practice 10% of the time . (Memories of ‘shiva enrage’ pfs which ‘light rampant’ practice groups in reality etc)

• 1Like

Merrith

Pyros you may know this, in the live letter did they say they were reducing the exp from certain crafting leves? Or was it just adjusting the gil so that coffee biscuits or whatever weren't getting abused/being so OP for gil farming?