Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Apparently my queue can get worse, 10818.

It seems the EU servers are particularly fucked.
yeah my queue in NA on a crystal server at 3am was like 200 people, and just now at rougly 2:45pm was only 350.

But I assume EU has a much higher population density, having only 2 datacenters instead of 3, plus I would assume an equal or higher population to NA.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
Man Ocean Fishing is pretty busted, did a run cause I figured I wanted to get my Fishing up for ventures, gained 2 entire levels(from 80.7 to 82.7) with 0 spectral(2man boat with a newb, so even the spectral fish I got didn't proc) and since I wanted to try the big fish I was conserving GP so didn't patience spam. Shit's pretty fucking stupid xp, final score was only 1800 so in a "real" boat I'd guess 3 or maybe 3.5 levels could be possible.

You're right ocean fishing is crazy xp but it doesn't matter. There is nothing you get from fishing that is usable in crafting besides gatherer's scripts. The fish are used for nothing.

Otto

Finally got to 2 in queue then booted with a 4004 lobby server error. Back at 3,743.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Reaper damage is not scaled down to sub 50 properly, logged in to knock out a dungeon daily on one of my tanks and everything just immediatly melted to two reapers. Ended up getting 18 levels in an hour thanks to the insta-queueueue and reapers/laser-healers everywhere.

bho

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Does it make sense to transfer servers right now to low pop if i dont really care where i am?

Last edited:

Goonsquad Officer
you may be able to just server travel to a small server and reap the same benifits. no mail though or retainers.

bho

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Is there a solution to this 2002 BS? I stood there for 20 mins moving the window every 90 seconds or so and it still booted me. this has happened no less than 10 times already...

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Is there a solution to this 2002 BS? I stood there for 20 mins moving the window every 90 seconds or so and it still booted me. this has happened no less than 10 times already...

It means the Lobby server(The Login server) is getting trashed, it can only accept 17,000 connections at once in order too keep stability...

ugh, logging in now, 3k que on Malboro *laugh*

Cybsled

I was in an hour queue on Malboro, got to 1, got booted.

Playing New World for a bit now lol

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Data center is getting smashed to pieces

Wife gave me the night off as well to smoke a blunt and give it a whirl, will be a chill time watching the log in screen all night long

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
New edit: Found that by clicking through to change my data-center at login and choose Aether, it at least got me to the queue

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>

2002 is lobby server overload, and my understanding is that the lobby servers are shared among all the worlds in a DC, so you're still fucked even if you are on a small pop world.

I'm able to get to the lobby on Aether, but Crystal is completely flooded.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
2002 is lobby server overload, and my understanding is that the lobby servers are shared among all the worlds in a DC, so you're still fucked even if you are on a small pop world.
Also can no longer choose to temporarily move servers to a low pop server.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
booted twice now, once at 2k queue and now at 6k queue. Not looking good for today. Obviously knew it would be a bit like this.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Was able too cook my dinner while the Que counted down...

Now time for beer and story

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

localhost

Golden Knight of the Realm
Was able to play all day (and night) without à lag, a crash or anything. It was fun to see every quest point with 50 people around.
Is it me or healers must now heal more than DPS, or is it because savage gear is too low for even 81 dungeon ?

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Was able to play all day (and night) without à lag, a crash or anything. It was fun to see every quest point with 50 people around.
Is it me or healers must now heal more than DPS, or is it because savage gear is too low for even 81 dungeon ?
Felt a bit like that even doing roulettes earlier on WHM.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
With the stat squish , and everyone having lower health pools it would seem like more healing is required..