Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Reading this thread and not clicking spoilers reminds me of clouds dialog in ff7.

!

Man, I know your pain, I finished the MSQ before touching this thread again.

It was Edilibus, and it was somewhat adressed when we killed him. I don't think it needs to be further adressed after that, he had the super Echo kind of thing and just was stronger than Edilibus and that was basically it. Personally hope Zenos is dead, he was meh.

I think with the way the story went, they can more or less tabula rasa the power levels of the warrior of light, seeing as how there's no blessing of the light anymore and stuff(or well a weakened version since Hydaelin is dead), and go back to killing stuff at a more reasonable level.

There was a quest that actually pointed out that there were a lot more things to see in the world(Venat or Emet-Selch mentionning it I forgot) and I feel it should just go back to that kind of story, no Zenos intergalactical mega fight shit. Like we go to the New World or Meracydia and fix some war/political issues there that turn out to be some kind of semi powerful mastermind shit and that's it. They could start a full new arc but I think somewhat stand alone stories would be fine too. Kinda like Heavensward was and Stormblood minus Zenos. They ended up building towards bigger stuff but on their own they make perfect sense and were still fun as adventures go.

For the Zenos stuff, yeah the reason I hope he isn't dead is the reason people hope he is dead. He was bland otherwise, basically just an animal to kill and to have him at the end basically makes the whole thing feel cheap if he has nothing to add onto.

Like, here was a boss buildup that happened over 2 expansions with the ascians...also something else. Like yeah he was a "Big Bad" but I felt like he died quick and served no story purpose other than something to kill.

So, in that sense, I hope he is the herald of something bigger, the first to come of a much greater unknown. The aggressive part of a bigger group. Because, as big as the ascians were, as told by the final zone, they weren't all that alone in their power in the grand scheme. Alone in their TIME maybe, but not alone in their reality. All it would take is something that transcends time, an emotion perhaps...something that was touched on but not really explored.

I dunno, I'm really pulling for my thought of something along the lines of the character exploring the "Karma" or whatever it's called power. With the main character being Hope and finding out that there are many other major emotions outside of it that impact some level of control over the things around them.

I was actually thinking for a bit they may actually turn the main character into a primal of sorts, what with our cohorts already following us into some pretty insane shit and some dying in the process.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Re: Zenos

We left him in a place he can't be reborn or possess a body so this could be it for him if the writers wish it.

However he could use the Echo to be a Ascian like ghost and somehow harness Dynamis to come back. I feel like that needs forshadowing though, he can't just appear out of nowhere, I don't think he knows about Dynamis either although he must have been using it like we were to refill his health bar.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
As a new player, and on the lvl 19 main story quest, am I almost there? /hides

• 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider

We left him in a place he can't be reborn or possess a body so this could be it for him if the writers wish it.

However he could use the Echo to be a Ascian like ghost and somehow harness Dynamis to come back. I feel like that needs forshadowing though, he can't just appear out of nowhere, I don't think he knows about Dynamis either although he must have been using it like we were to refill his health bar.

He gonna show up in like 2 years in 6.55 with Kefka, since, if I remember correctly, the game established that the FF6 world is another star in the Omega fights, and that will be the 7.XX 24 man series.

Cybsled

Well

They confirm in the game that souls return to the flow of life energy of their star (Aetherial Sea), or if the star isn't there, whatever larger flow exists in the cosmos (Aetherial Ocean??).

So yes, while Zenos is no where near the planet, his soul might find its way into that larger flow. Especially since all the souls of the damned have been released from their prison presumably at this point.

So in theory -maybe- he could come back. But I don't think he will. If they decide to ever do it, there is at least a mechanism to make it lore appropriate.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
All of what you all said combined plus, why even have him in Endwalker anyhow? As a McGuffin? I dunno that would be SUPER SUPER lazy, more lazy than Hermes having a convenient memory wipe machine at the end of the dungeon we fight at...

I dunno, I feel like I wanna give the writers a bit more credit since this and Shadowbringers were both pretty well written.

Ultimately it doesn't matter too much, I was just theorycrafting / wondering if anyone had insight that I didn't have.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Zenos was a pretty pathetic character and so his ending was pretty apt. He was a mongrel dog following you around hoping for a showdown which you have no interest in. Finally at the end you say fuck it, fine, kill him and leave his corpse at the end of the universe. He wasn't even the big bad, just some minor side fight you fit in at the end, again, because Zenos is pathetic.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
All of what you all said combined plus, why even have him in Endwalker anyhow? As a McGuffin? I dunno that would be SUPER SUPER lazy, more lazy than Hermes having a convenient memory wipe machine at the end of the dungeon we fight at...

I dunno, I feel like I wanna give the writers a bit more credit since this and Shadowbringers were both pretty well written.

Ultimately it doesn't matter too much, I was just theorycrafting / wondering if anyone had insight that I didn't have.
For the memory wiping machine, they do explain why it's there even before you see it, they use it on beasts they create to test various things without their memories of previous failures affecting them so they don't have to remake the beasts entirely everytime there's an issue. They even go on as how it's strictly forbidden to tweak memories of people and all that, so I think it was fine, especially since it's just Ascian magic, which is literally anything. Still can argue it was there just to not have to retcon Emet-Selch whole thing but I feel it was fine.

Zenos felt more like a red herring, where I kept thinking "ok so he's gonna show up and do this or that", and he kept not showing up and doing anything, which was interesting in a way. The ultimate way he shows up is definitely grade A bullshit stuff though, not only does he somehow convince Krile to send him there, he also somehow masters space travel in dragon form, which for some reason he still has access to but never used again after we beat him with it, then he serves as a fucking platform so you can fight? Yeah that shit's all over the place.

My original guess after doing Elpis was that he would show up and kill Hydaelin before she could reveal Meteion's location, then you have to beat him(as the 2nd trial) to get answers out of him. Alternatively, I assumed Meteion would be 2nd trial, then you come back to earth, then Zenos shows up and murder Hydaelin to get you angry and fight him, as the last trial. Once I saw the Hydaelin trial I was even more confused as to where he'd fit in the story, and then yeah it went all fucking weird. Should have fought him earlier than that and just not bother with him anymore. The last duel was pretty cool I thought but it just was weird how all the events happened.

They can definitely bring him back and be consistent to the lore with the whole aetherial sea shit and what not, but that'd be bullshit and do people really want to fight him again? I don't think so, even ppl who liked him I think are fine with the way it ended. They could also do a redemption arc shit but feels meh and basically ruins any sort of story they had with him.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
You can buy the vouchers on the market. It's basically a way for random ppl to farm gold, but instead of generating gold out of thin air which leads to inflation(see triple turn in leves), you just transfer the gold from the mega rich to new players. It's fine imo, these are basically a status item, similar to the stupid gold colored mount they added as a gold sink in Eulmore last expansion(gold beast tribe mounts).

People were advertising buying them for 300k each in the party finder, which would have made each item a cool 150 million gil.

Price has dropped since then to 120k or so. Which is a more reasonable 50ish mil. Hell if it drops down to 50k per voucher, I might buy one myself.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
People were advertising buying them for 300k each in the party finder, which would have made each item a cool 150 million gil.

Price has dropped since then to 120k or so. Which is a more reasonable 50ish mil. Hell if it drops down to 50k per voucher, I might buy one myself.
That's cheaper than on my server but haven't checked rest of the DC.

Anyway yeah it's just the new way to sell bicolor, in ShB only things you could sell past the initial mats release rush was like orchestrion rolls, and while they had good value, very few ppl wanted to spend 500-800k for a roll for the most part(maybe the La Hee and Tempest ones), so you'd only have 0-2 for sale at a time and they'd often sit there for weeks. With this new system I think ppl are just gonna be buying vouchers because it goes towards nice stuff and so it provides a 2nd way to make money for ppl who don't want to craft/gather, along with treasure maps. I think it's a nice idea overall.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not sure what to do now after MSQ. I'm too old to raid Savage modes. I would like to do the extreme for weapons but not sure if I'll manage. I did down Titania Extreme back in ShB.

Might just farm some tome gears and wait for the normal raids and then take a break until the next content patch. Maybe finally get into Eureka for the armors...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
New congestion post on Lodestone, 14 days of sub added for free(on top of the 7 days they gave already), and they're turning off the sale of the complete/starter as well as Free trial until the situation improves. Also some stuff about opening new servers sometimes next year. 6.05 won't be delayed even if there's congestion issues, world first race will be what it will be but they don't want to split the patch and they don't want to punish other players for the rest of the content(crafting/glamour/treasure hunts).

Stopping the sale of the game is a pretty bold move.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What ever happened to the data center visit? Would that not solve a bit of congestion? If I could visit a NA server on my prime time I would not have any queues.

I made a character on Bahamut just in case if I wanted to play and could not access my EU character. Bought an MSQ skip but have not played it as of yet. Thought it would boost a job also but it did not.

NA servers don't start getting queues until around 8pm for me.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Stopping the sale of the game is a pretty bold move.

It is, but part of me wonders how much that will impact bots the most. If they could lick the bot problem, that would free up 100s of slots at any given time no doubt

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
What ever happened to the data center visit? Would that not solve a bit of congestion? If I could visit a NA server on my prime time I would not have any queues.

I made a character on Bahamut just in case if I wanted to play and could not access my EU character. Bought an MSQ skip but have not played it as of yet. Thought it would boost a job also but it did not.

They knew it would be a bad idea to have data center visit with the congestion that they knew was coming with Endwalker. They still want to do it, but definitely not right now. It was bad enough visiting servers on your own datacenter. Which as of tonight, suddenly got better. Went from 30-60 minutes to instant.

• 1Moron
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande

Yeah I've been playing all I want in the UK timezone on a US server. 1 hour queue max at 4pm since my phone stopped connecting to my PS4 for some fucking reason.

This would be a good solution but they need to signpost it clearly and have no queue to reset your server choice back to normal.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
DC visit wasn't gonna be ready by release regardless, if it had been they'd have tested it during 5.58 since they had plenty of time then, but it was likely not done and at that point they just pushed it back to later. It would be pretty good IF you could change to a different region's DC, which is unclear if that's gonna be possible at all in the first place. Like changing from a NA DC to another NA DC would do fuck all, but yeah if you could transfer to JP or EU depending on the hour of the day it'd help greatly with congestion, but they haven't confirmed that's the case afaik.