Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Finally got the glowy Eureka armor, need a glowy weapon to go with it now. The Eureka weapon is only half done.

The ARR Relic looks best imo but seems like it's a crazy amount of solo work?

How about the others? Also any easy to get glow weapons like from Primals?

I've seen a few people mention this stuff before so advice would be appreciated.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Anime weapon is mostly just poetics so you can work on it on the side while doing other things.

Resistance weapon has some large grinds required to unlock but once you do one weapon it's pretty fast to complete it for other jobs.

I'm not really familiar with the zodiac or eureka weapon questlines.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Anime weapon is mostly just poetics so you can work on it on the side while doing other things.

Resistance weapon has some large grinds required to unlock but once you do one weapon it's pretty fast to complete it for other jobs.

I'm not really familiar with the zodiac or eureka weapon questlines.
Thanks, sounds like Anima may be the best then.

I have 1/3rd of Gunbreaker Resistance Weapon done and I don't think I'm going to enjoy grinding all those fates/raids or spamming Castrum. However at least the zone is busy. I think the glow is pink which I'm not sure about.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Thanks, sounds like Anima may be the best then.

I have 1/3rd of Gunbreaker Resistance Weapon done and I don't think I'm going to enjoy grinding all those fates/raids or spamming Castrum. However at least the zone is busy. I think the glow is pink which I'm not sure about.
Anima is definitely the easiest, a lot of stuff is easy to do cause it's old and it's just straight grinds with no fancy shit. You do need like 6000poetics or whatever though.

Zodiac is absolute ass once you get to the books part, a lot of them require to clear specific ARR fates, which are obviously not guaranteed to spawn for hours, and then you have a part with a bunch of crafting shit so you better have crafters leveled.

Bozjan is pretty straight forward but it's quite grindy, and no one does the group content you need to progress the story atm(Castrum Licum Licore or whatever, Delubrum and Dalriada) so it's probably quite annoying to make one, plus yeah the initial grind is pretty aggressive, there's 2 parts that are one time only but they take a while, subsequent weapons can be farmed super quickly in comparison to the others though.

Also worth noting I guess, GNB only has bozja. They don't retroactively add weapons to old relic questlines. If you want PLD/WAR stuff though it's all relics and DRK is all but Zodiac obv.

Last edited:

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I enjoyed doing castrum and delubrum as they are fun raids and you don't have to do it all that many times. It's actually easier to do them with small groups as the less people there are the stronger each player is. With 10 or less people castrum is trivial as you take no damage from anything.

But yeah 180 alexander/omega/Eden raids were a real drag. Especially alexander as they are really dull. At least Eden and omega have mechanics you can't ignore.

I did gunbreaker and dancer resistance weap because you are really limited in weapon glam options for those jobs.

Malkav

French Madman
Also, they are going to fix the 2002 while in queue :
1639649701380.png

1.0 spaghetti code strikes again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Information about FoH run raiding extremes in spoiler text

I've got Hydaelyn pretty much down pat now. I find it way easier than Zodiark. I threw out the idea of leading a few people in the FC through their first completion, and got a positive response, so I figured why not make a thing of it and open it up to anyone on Aether?

So is anyone interested in a some fun weekend organized FoH Hydaelyn "prog" farming? Can voice lead on discord if anyone is unsure about the fight. Timing would be anytime from 4pm PST on either Fri or Sat. If we don't get enough, I'll fill from the PF.

Don't forget we have a FF14 channel on the discord as well if you have any questions or want to hang out. Join the Fires of Heaven Discord Server!

Can also give people a FF14 tag on discord. f they want to be able to be notified if we do anything.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Well at least they found the queue bug finally. Ain’t nobody convinced it was packet loss.

I’d definitely be down for extremes on Sunday (wouldn’t be able to make Saturday).

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Well at least they found the queue bug finally. Ain’t nobody convinced it was packet loss.

I’d definitely be down for extremes on Sunday (wouldn’t be able to make Saturday).

My mistake. I was thinking my local days. Would be either Friday or Saturday US time.

Chris

Potato del Grande
For how many hours? That's 12:00am for me but could make an exception for a special event as long as it isn't 5 hours or something.

I'm also only a Tank at 90 although I got most of the Tomestone gear.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
For how many hours? That's 12:00am for me but could make an exception for a special event as long as it isn't 5 hours or something.

I'm also only a Tank at 90 although I got most of the Tomestone gear.

However long people want to do it for. I'm confident any group listening on discord could get a kill within an hour.

I'll be MTing, you have offtank covered, Koush will be Dragoon I imagine. So we have 3 DPS and 2 healer spots left.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've got Hydaelyn pretty much down pat now. I find it way easier than Zodiark.
I threw out the idea of leading a few people in the FC through their first completion, and got a positive response, so I figured why not make a thing of it and open it up to anyone on Aether?

So is anyone interested in a some fun weekend organized FoH Hydaelyn "prog" farming? Can voice lead on discord if anyone is unsure about the fight. Timing would be anytime from 4pm PST on either Fri or Sat. If we don't get enough, I'll fill from the PF.

Don't forget we have a FF14 channel on the discord as well if you have any questions or want to hang out. Join the Fires of Heaven Discord Server!

Can also give people a FF14 tag on discord. f they want to be able to be notified if we do anything.

Spoiler my friend!

Last edited:

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I spent a few hours yesterday learning the second primal extreme. The group I got the clear with took about 4 hours to do it, but we weren’t on discord.

I’m not sure which of the two I think is harder. Second one requires quite a bit more individual responsibility. First one you can just follow someone who knows the mechanics. And really all of the mechanics are pretty straight forward in the first extreme, except for the final Snake/fire-line/behemoth/bird combo. Whereas the second extreme, you’ve got to be picture perfect on the lightwaves, and then the crystallized freeze with the green lines.

I dunno. Both are “easy” once you know them. I think for leading a fresh group though, I’d take my chances with the first extreme over the second. Of course, the weapons are on the second.

Bear in mind my opinions are based on 8 kills of the first and 1 kill of the second. I farmed all the jewelry that I need for the moment, so am going to focus on the weapons for a few days and see if I can’t get a better hang of that fight.

Lead a friend through first extreme last night, we went in with a “first timers welcome, follow the dorito, learn mechanics” PF group. Got to enrage on the first pull.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
So, I've been trying XIVLauncher and wondering about a couple things regarding it, asking a lot of questions in their discord and generally just shit-posting.

1. The client can be (and likely is) used for botting. The creator, a guy named "goat" is REALLY salty should anyone ask about this fact. So if you use this client, be warned that if / when FFXIV decides to ban people for botting using the XIVLauncher as the basis, they will catch everyone who uses XIVLauncher.

2. The creator COULD have made his plugin system so it doesn't interact in such a way that it could be used for automation, he didn't. He doesn't care that it can be used in such a way.

Sucks, because some plugins (essentially addons) are pretty impressive.

---

1639664379293.png

Stuff like this would be amazing for 1st playthru of MSQ.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1. The client can be (and likely is) used for botting. The creator, a guy named "goat" is REALLY salty should anyone ask about this fact. So if you use this client, be warned that if / when FFXIV decides to ban people for botting using the XIVLauncher as the basis, they will catch everyone who uses XIVLauncher.

2. The creator COULD have made his plugin system so it doesn't interact in such a way that it could be used for automation, he didn't. He doesn't care that it can be used in such a way.

Interesting.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
On the other hand "no automation" is the hard line from goat for plugins requests, he pretty much cares about this point. If something you ask for could be interpreted as automation, you just get told to fuck right off and any talk about it is banned from the Discord server.

Dalamud (the plugin system, which is NOT XIVLauncher) and all current plugins are open source, so obviously nothing is stopping some people from coming up with their code branches and do something that is considered automation, but I fail to see how that's the creator problem.

Then again, SE has said multiple times that they will never scan your PC for that shit, so I don't think there is any worry to get flagged for using it.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The software did not launch with an anti-cheat, thus under Japanese law they cannot add it in later without jumping through some large legal hurdles. If they can't do it for JP servers they're not going to bother with NA and EU.