Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Ex trials are pretty chill after the initial “wtf” first hour or so - started zodiark on gnb Friday night and I’m bis now except for one last tome piece. Gonna see if I can push ast to 90 and clear on that in the next week~ or so. I play on primal at mostly European evening times if anyone else on FoH happens to fit that demographic and wants to run some junk.
Just beat 1st ex. It was a bit of a shock initially but felt easy once I learned stuff.

Trying 2nd ex next. Heard Chakrams /Lightwaves are kinda PUG killers.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Couple of tips for those: on the second lightlwave, you’re going to make a Z pattern around that center Crystal. You can identify which side to start on by looking to see which wave spawns first as she finishes casting lightwave. For the chakrams, you’ll want to position yourself between the first and second set of chakrams, and then be ready to move in the direction of the first chakram as soon as the crystalize water resolves and the first chakram shoots across the platform.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
EW is by no means bad, but ShB was much better. Someone early on told me that EW is the Endgame to ShB's Infinity War and I doubt they had any idea how accurate that comparison was when they made it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
EW is by no means bad, but ShB was much better. Someone early on told me that EW is the Endgame to ShB's Infinity War and I doubt they had any idea how accurate that comparison was when they made it.

That analogy has pretty much been my exact thoughts on it. EW is still great, ties up the story nicely, etc. but it was going to be damn near impossible to top ShB.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I didn't get the same, "Hell yeah!" feel with the last few fights.

Compared to that Emet-Selch scene where Ardbert comes and helps you out and you're literally screaming at the screen.

I'm left wondering now though what's next after they've tied this all off. Yeah, they mentioned a certain enemy but I can't see me caring much now this chapter is closed.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think EW enhances ShB, though. It helps you understand character motivations more, especially Emet.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I think there's still more to the Endwalker story. When looking back on Shadowbringers, patch 5.3 was easily my favourite, so I'm not quite ready to compare Endwalker to Shadowbringers. I personally still think there is much more of the story to tell in terms of Elpis/Amaurot & the ancients, so I'm looking forward to see what happens in the patches.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Malkav

French Madman
I think there's still more to the Endwalker story. When looking back on Shadowbringers, patch 5.3 was easily my favourite, so I'm not quite ready to compare Endwalker to Shadowbringers. I personally still think there is much more of the story to tell in terms of Elpis/Amaurot & the ancients, so I'm looking forward to see what happens in the patches.

They already confirmed 6.0 is the end of this whole Hydaelyn/Zodiark/Ascians arc and that we will start something new in 6.1.

Though
I expect Pandaemonium to be linked to Elpis given the teaser at the end of the MSQ

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ya the main story arc concluded with 6.0

That isn’t to say they won’t have some follow up to story beats from it, but the core narrative is complete. So what they do for the rest of the patches for MSQ are kind of a mystery. They did tease some possibilities - given two teased things are in existing areas so to speak, I wouldn’t be shocked if they hit on those first

I would say that the most likely next xpac locations will be New World or Mericydia. Regarding the later

Graha talks about the Omicrons a lot, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they featured as a player in a Mericydia xpac since that would focus on the dragons as well

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hard to get excited about exploring a new continent considering where ShB and EW just took us. As far as post 6.0 content

That was Elidibus in Elpis talking about Pandaemonium right? Sure sounded like him.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It was his voice, so presumably yes

It also ties back to that scene where you talk to him and he remembers something

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I would say that the most likely next xpac locations will be New World or Mericydia. Regarding the later

Graha talks about the Omicrons a lot, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they featured as a player in a Mericydia xpac since that would focus on the dragons as well
The fact that we never got to the planet we were to evacuate to is concerning. We were supposed to go to that new world in case of emergency - I wonder if someone else beat us there first.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Hard to get excited about exploring a new continent considering where ShB and EW just took us. As far as post 6.0 content

That was Elidibus in Elpis talking about Pandaemonium right? Sure sounded like him.

I am personally hoping post 6.0 content explores where the role quests in ShB ended, with Unukalhai, Cylva and Beq Lugg looking into the Thirteenth, but I feel like that is something even further down the line.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
The fact that we never got to the planet we were to evacuate to is concerning. We were supposed to go to that new world in case of emergency - I wonder if someone else beat us there first.

We didn't have a set destination yet, IIRC. We were going to have to scoot around for sometime until we found a suitable place. Though my question there is, what's the point of finding a new world if the song of oblivion is shooting across the whole cosmos anyway? Seems like the same thing would eventually happen on whatever new world we found.

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
We didn't have a set destination yet, IIRC. We were going to have to scoot around for sometime until we found a suitable place. Though my question there is, what's the point of finding a new world if the song of oblivion is shooting across the whole cosmos anyway? Seems like the same thing would eventually happen on whatever new world we found.
The point of the evacuation was to escape the inevitable return of The Final Days, forestalled by Zodiark, not protect from what Metion did/is doing.

Venat/Hydalian wouldn't have known about the Song at the time.

That was the reason we got the spaceship engines, the Forum knew the OG plan was pointless.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Pandemonium raid appears to be about Lahabrea given he's on the art for it. We knew this before Endwalker came out.

I assume we are going to find out that Lahabrea was evil all along, since he didn't seem sympathetic like Elidibus or Emet-Selch.

There must be something else to it though given that it's connected to Elpis.

I wonder if it was Lahabrea who added tempering to summon magic (since summoning was his speciality) and Zodiark actually did temper the Ascians. The human sacrifice thing could have been his doing too. We could even fight a proto-Zodiark.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's setting up the return of Lahabrea in the present day in the final wing of the raid so that we can come full circle and defeat him again.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pandemonium raid appears to be about Lahabrea given he's on the art for it. We knew this before Endwalker came out.

I assume we are going to find out that Lahabrea was evil all along, since he didn't seem sympathetic like Elidibus or Emet-Selch.

There must be something else to it though given that it's connected to Elpis.

I wonder if it was Lahabrea who added tempering to summon magic (since summoning was his speciality) and Zodiark actually did temper the Ascians. The human sacrifice thing could have been his doing too. We could even fight a proto-Zodiark.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's setting up the return of Lahabrea in the present day in the final wing of the raid so that we can come full circle and defeat him again.
The Ascians rejoined 7 shards to the source before they were stopped. They're all evil as fuck, Elidibus and Emet-Selch just lived long enough to get more character development.

• 1Like