Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just had a Red Mage on P2 only use melee attacks and hard cast Raise. Died to the head/tail split move thing EVERY TIME.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
So got too P4S today, had too stop cause we were all just dead tired...

Drac has a really really wicked DPS check.... probably one of the tightest I've ever seen SE do.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Nice man. I spent an hour working on P1S in a PF group. Got to fourfold or whatever it’s called a few times but couldn’t quite figure that mechanic out.

Can someone explain how the loot works in savage? I know the number of chests is reduced based on how many players in the party have already cleared for the week. Can you only get loot from your first run? Or is it possible to run it again if a piece for you didn’t drop? I know it’s full pieces and not tokens. Thanks!

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Nice man. I spent an hour working on P1S in a PF group. Got to fourfold or whatever it’s called a few times but couldn’t quite figure that mechanic out.

Can someone explain how the loot works in savage? I know the number of chests is reduced based on how many players in the party have already cleared for the week. Can you only get loot from your first run? Or is it possible to run it again if a piece for you didn’t drop? I know it’s full pieces and not tokens. Thanks!

Basically it works out you can get 1 item "set" as I like too call them (book, coffer, and augment piece) per fight/week.

Every fight gives you a book(once a week), along with coffers + augmentation pieces. Ya sadly they set it up too were if you have too many people who have gotten loot that week in the fight, the amount of coffers is lowered or either removed, this is too stop people selling off looting right(Still happens though just now it's not so advertised via PF)

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Trying to summon the new fate

1641370885507.png

There's about a hundred Namazu mounts going around in a circle around a bunch of Firebirds in the middle

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I'm glad I'm waiting too do my FATE stuff lol, seems like a madhouse out there right now

PS , Hesperos goes "I'm gonna fuck you up mode.. " a fucking door boss on the first raid series.

Last edited:

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tps already got world first clear. Watching that phase 2 on drac, feels like mechanics in an ultimate. This is gonna be a fun raid tier

Chris

Potato del Grande
Tps already got world first clear. Watching that phase 2 on drac, feels like mechanics in an ultimate. This is gonna be a fun raid tier
Did normal mode for the 3rd time yesterday and other than retards on Hippocampus (the melee Red Mage and people running from stack marker) I really enjoyed playing through it again.

I'm pretty much 100% accuracy on all the mechanics now and so was mostly everyone else.

In contrast I did LFR Castle Nathria when the last WoW expansion launched and I gave up on the first boss because people kept leaving after 1 wipe on first boss.

Only thing I've enjoyed as much as this at expansion launch was Mists of Pandaria LFR.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Woo just did 1st Trial EX, it's my first ever EX clear too.

Thanks for the tips, the one that nailed it was only needing to look at the 6 squares in melee range of the boss for Astral Eclipse. That really reduced the cognitive load in reading the stars and deciding where to go.

Fuck doing DPS during that mechanic though.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Like first EX ever for first in EW?
I played HW and SB mid expansion and didn't raid at all. I liked HW but treated it as casual levelling content, I actually hated SB and quit as soon as I killed Zenos.

ShB I did Eden Normal but this was just before the WoW Refugee tidal wave so it had been out a while and the EX fights weren't relevent for gear. I've been playing regular since then.

This is the first time I've ever done raid content while it's current.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

The couple stabs we took at his phase 2, it seems too be Patch from Omega 12S, with a little bit of Wyrmhole from TEA..

More tries next week, time to get more gears..

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
This xpac is the first time I've done raid content when it was current since ARR too. Having a lot of fun.. farmed all the stuff i need from both ex trials.. Cleared P1S yesterday, will start trying on P2S tonight probably. Doing everything using PF, I don't have many regular groupmates.

The range of quality in PF pugs is pretty amazing. I had one P1S group yesterday that was 5/8 players from an FC and they were failing the very first shackles 50% of the time and the times they accidently got past that they'd mess up intemperence. I logged onto their discord to try to walk them through it using voice but a couple of their players seriously could not understand basic mechanics and ruined intemperence every time. There was one player (female healer of course) who after I tried to explain intemperence to her would just say "I dont get it". I gave up and left her FC friends try to explain it to her. Amazing since for healers that mechanic is one of the easiest in the whole fight. We'd only pass shackles when the retards in the group accidently stood in the right place. I (as GNB MT) was paired with a mechanist for shackles and even when neither of us are marked, he would stand in random places and I had to try to position myself to compensate for his incompetence. Ended up with interesting boss placements as a result, not that that particularly matters. I don't mind being in wiping groups for this content since it's fun to just play the mechs, but it does get a bit old when the group isn't improving after 6+ wipes. I straight out told them that if they can't get shackles right then fourfold was 100% going to kill everyone, but we never even made it to that so they could see how right I was.

Then another PF group I joined hit enrage on the very first pull due to a mistake that got everyone damage downed. Still almost killed it. Unfortunately it broke up immediately as someone had to leave.
Then the next PF I joined killed it on the 2nd pull.

• 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Fuck doing DPS during that mechanic though.
Ok now try being a healer having to raise players who fail to understand where the first asteroid is, while making sure you can still dps, and doing the mechanic :^)

• 1Like

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
So they still have no plan to fix the queues except empty promises and we will do better next time we swear.

I give them credit they fixed most of the error bugs during queues, but this crap of leaving queues as is a month after expac launch is stupid.

I get 2-3 hours to play each night and have not been able to play since Friday. They really are trying, and succeeding quite nicely, at driving folks away.