Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's still stupidly good. The only equivalent is like Phoenix which is 100 potency but every 2mins(and can't be held for specific aoes like arcane crest can) and DNC heals which require the party is stacked, with one being 300potency every minute(so a bunch less but instant) and Improv which is 100potency hot but again every 2mins. RPR having 100 potency hot every 30secs was broken especially with how many aoe savage has. After the nerf it's now about the same as SMN/DNC on FFlogs for savage, so seems about balanced.

Cleared P1S in PF, large amount of fucking stupid parties that are "enrage exp" and then wipe to either the first chain mechanic or the first intemperance, which is quite mind boggling. Eventually got into a party that did wipe to both of these on first 2 pulls, then got a 3% enrage on next, and then a kill on next pull so nice. Did horribly since I was on PLD, another WAR joined when I was in as WAR so figured I'd switch but I literally hadn't played PLD at 90 yet(I crafted the weap cause too many PFs already had WARs), so the first few pulls I was dropping part of the new sword chain combo stuff cause I kept thinking it was over and it wasn't. That shit is LONG. The other tank was also a weirdo that didn't want to tank swap for whatever reason, so everytime I'd provoke to get the 2nd part of the tankbuster, he wouldn't shirk and then would provoke after, so I had to turn my tank stance on and off if I didn't have shirk to guarantee no shenanigans. Worked out though.

It's a really simple fight but the amount of confusion about the mechanics in PF is annoying, people don't know how to do the simplest shit like swapping their spot if the other person has purple/red(and they keep saying "just bait the debuff" when you can't actually bait them anyway it's just RNG shit) and then obviously for intemperence the main "strat" is tanks+whoever is unlucky eats a dmg down, instead of doing swapping stuff. Dmg req so low though I guess it doesn't matter. But even that smoothbrain strat people would somehow fail?

I think I might start on P2S later this week but planning to clear next week, one floor a week or so.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not using spoiler tags at this point since most of this is came from ShB.

Shouldn't the Warrior of Light actually have a substantially diminished ability to use Dynamis due to how much of Azem's soul they've reunited? The Fifth, Twelth, Second, Third, Sixth, and Tenth shards were all rejoined before we were (re)born, we also have the fragment of Azem's soul from the First (Ardbert), and we don't know what happened to the fragment of Azem's soul on the Thirteenth since it was destroyed in a flood of darkness but not rejoined. We were alive for the rejoining of the Seventh (the transition from OG 14 to ARR) so we shouldn't have that fragment either but that still leaves us with 8 pieces, or over half of an Amaurotine soul.

Also I'm curious what the Sundering looks like to someone who was traveling here from another star, since presumably Hydaelyn only split up Etheirys and not the entire galaxy. Like what did Midgardsormr see when he flew here, does it just appear to be a normal star?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

Shouldn't the Warrior of Light actually have a substantially diminished ability to use Dynamis due to how much of Azem's soul they've reunited? The Fifth, Twelth, Second, Third, Sixth, and Tenth shards were all rejoined before we were (re)born, we also have the fragment of Azem's soul from the First (Ardbert), and we don't know what happened to the fragment of Azem's soul on the Thirteenth since it was destroyed in a flood of darkness but not rejoined. We were alive for the rejoining of the Seventh (the transition from OG 14 to ARR) so we shouldn't have that fragment either but that still leaves us with 8 pieces, or over half of an Amaurotine soul.

Also I'm curious what the Sundering looks like to someone who was traveling here from another star, since presumably Hydaelyn only split up Etheirys and not the entire galaxy. Like what did Midgardsormr see when he flew here, does it just appear to be a normal star?

The WoL isn't excalty a "Ascian" even they themselves only see us as a familiar, except for Hydo, Emet and Venat...

I think we get more of Azems power's then anything when the hell are we actually gonna meet him though .. they keep talking about him all the time.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Isn’t Ukalale or whatever hinted to be a WoL? No one that can see soul colors has seen him I think. I wouldn’t be shocked if he turns out to be an Azem fragment

Chris

Potato del Grande

Yes I belive so, however it's still more Dynamis ability than the ancients.

I also think we do have the 7th soul shard, I think they just add on per rejoining?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just done some tries on the 2nd Ex Trial, really enjoyed it and got to Phase 3 with the waves without mistakes on my last try as Tank.

Not really looked at much on Phase 3 onwards but any tips?

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There was 7 rejoinings, then we got a bonus shard in the first, so 8. Graha is the only other person with the same number of shards as us, since he lived through the 8th rejoining

Everyone else on the first would be 7 shards. That is why Emet makes that comment that people on the source are more legitimate people than the reflections, which are just single soul shards

Chris

Potato del Grande
There was 7 rejoinings, then we got a bonus shard in the first, so 8. Graha is the only other person with the same number of shards as us, since he lived through the 8th rejoining

Everyone else on the first would be 7 shards. That is why Emet makes that comment that people on the source are more legitimate people than the reflections, which are just single soul shards
Crystal Exarch had 8 shards sure. I think Graha has 7 shards or 15 shards lol. Graha himself in his final zone speech says that he himself doesn't know how it works for him.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well the soul and memories were supposedly merged, so unless it got diluted somehow, should still be 8

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Just done some tries on the 2nd Ex Trial, really enjoyed it and got to Phase 3 with the waves without mistakes on my last try as Tank.

Not really looked at much on Phase 3 onwards but any tips?

I don’t think there’s really much in the way of tips on this one that are gonna make a big difference, the way the First Extreme tips seemed to help.

For light wave 2, you are gonna make a Z around that center Crystal. That was the big thing that really made it click once I saw and understood it.

On Chakrams, if you’re in group 2, it took me some time to understand that you’re not just moving left or right to avoid the chakrams, you need to move in toward the boss’ hit box to avoid them.

Aureole always happens after chakrams and after the green line, crystallized ice mechanic. Easy to think you got the mech right and then just be standing there like a dummy for the Aureole afterward. Also, the green line/orb mechanic resolves before the crystallized ice mech does, so you’ve got time to reposition before the ice blast.

For those of you that have beaten PS1: can you really just take position and hold still for fourfold? No swapping or moving required, just red goes out, purple stays in, everyone holds stil0 in designated positions?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There was 7 rejoinings, then we got a bonus shard in the first, so 8
I was under the impression that anyone alive during a rejoining wouldn't be reunited with that fragment of their soul until they returned to the aetherial sea. If we have the fragment from the Seventh shard then the count should be nine, cause you're not counting the piece we started with.

Would be interesting to see if they go any farther with Unukalhai and Cylva's storyline. I can't imagine how you could possibly restore a shard that was completely overrun by a flood, especially when it seems like being able to use Eden to restore the First was nothing more than a fluke. Maybe the story of a future expansion could be us trying to figure out how to effect a rejoining without causing a corresponding calamity in the Source.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
Got the first P1S kill with the static earlier, man that felt nice. We went blind, the only thing we did end up looking up is the various patterns for Temperance (because one of them was fucking us hard).

Got it down on the last pull of the night, completely clutch as the boss died right as he finished casting the enrage. We thought we wiped when the boss death cutscene started playing haha.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
For those of you that have beaten PS1: can you really just take position and hold still for fourfold? No swapping or moving required, just red goes out, purple stays in, everyone holds stil0 in designated positions?
As long as people are in their right spot yeah. The "difficult" part is going to your spot quickly, which is why PF uses timers to determine positions(like 3s is 1/A, 8s is 2/B, 13s 3/C and 18s 4/D, red out purple in obv) and if you do that, then you're good for the whole thing, although if you don't have the uptime markers it can be pretty bad for dps if most of your melees get red. Once the debuffs are assigned at the start, they never change, they simply fire one after the other so there's no movement required.

It's like for single shackle, the only movement is before it starts to get in position, once you're there you can chill.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Isn’t Ukalale or whatever hinted to be a WoL? No one that can see soul colors has seen him I think. I wouldn’t be shocked if he turns out to be an Azem fragment

Could there be multiple levels of WoL like how there are multiple levels of Echo Control(with us having the strongest version *of course*)

But is the echo dead now ? with Venat/Hydaelyn dead do we still receive her ability, she gave us the last of her power of creation for 2 uses before going on her final journey....

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fourfold timers really for red. For blue u just stay in, only a real idiot will overlap those(which did happen in pf once I was in).
It can take a few attempts as you don’t have a big window to react to get to your spot, but becomes mindless quickly.

I found p2s easier than p1s. Atleast the mechanics are very narrowly defined , really only one or two ways to handle them which makes them mindless very quickly. The main diff is p1s basically has no enrage timer whereas p2 has one, albeit generous - you will hit it with enough party deaths

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They established in ShB that Hydealyn doesnt grant the echo, just takes advantage of it. The only thing specific to her is the Blessing of Light.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They established in ShB that Hydealyn doesnt grant the echo, just takes advantage of it. The only thing specific to her is the Blessing of Light.
I feel like they also sort of started to lose track of the difference between the Echo and the Blessing of Light in EW. Venat credits what we know as the Blessing of Light as being responsible for protecting you from Primal influence, when it's previously been well established that it's the Echo that does that.

I wish we knew more about Louisoix cause reading some of the quest text from when he sends you after Ifrit, it's plain that he had some very strange powers even before the events of Carteneau.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Valid point.

1) Everyone with echo is shown to be immune from tempering. However, the power of the echo isn't limited to that (seeing the past/future, allowing soul transference, allowing communication with anything with a soul, etc)
2) This also applies to "artificial" echo, like Zenos or Fordola
3) However, whenever something tries to temper us, or blow us the fuck up, the blessing of light is always attributed to be the reason we didnt fall to it
4) The game has shown us to be able to utilize the blessing/ward/etc as a literal shield to protect others
5) Later in ShB, we find out that people with the echo hear Hydealyn, but mostly because she is broadcasting like a radio. However, this hasn't been conclusively demonstrated with artificial echos
6) Venat later states the blessing is a travelers ward, to protect vs aether corruption

Easiest way they could explain it is: Everyone who has an echo is subject to Hydealyn's broadcast (whether they hear her or not), and the broadcast in turn automatically grants the blessing of light/travelers ward/tempering immunity.

• 1Like

bolok

Trakanon Raider
So here's a question- what (how?) the heck did Midgardsormr remove when he jinxed us way back in ARR then? Just the blessing? The echo? Was it just a psyop lol? I'm looking forward to more dragon lore for sure,
even tho they got rekt by mass effect rejects.