Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Any idea how to fix this "Unable to complete version check. [30410][30607][10009][19900][12030]" error from the launcher when I use the Steam client? Nothing I've tried online so far has worked - uninstall, restart, change config file values to force the launcher to re-download, etc.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Weird, usually a reinstall fixes stuff like that. Steam integrity check? You on an older windows? Maybe its the TLS version requirements thing.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Any idea how to fix this "Unable to complete version check. [30410][30607][10009][19900][12030]" error from the launcher when I use the Steam client? Nothing I've tried online so far has worked - uninstall, restart, change config file values to force the launcher to re-download, etc.
If you are using an older OS turn off TLP 1.0 and 1.1 for your network connection. Personally I gave up and now only play it on my win 10 box now.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
I'm on Windows 7 so that may be the issue since both of you have pointed that out. I'll try turning off TLP 1.0 and 1.1 later today and see if that fixes it.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I think Bubbles? ran across it and somehow resolved it not too long ago in the thread. Might go back a few pages and see if you can find it, but win 7 is officially unsupported at this point I believe.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
yeah, I fixed it in win 7

you need to change/add 4 registry keys

1) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\WinHttp right click on "DefaultSecureProtocols" and modify, change the "value data" to a80

1.JPG

2) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\WinHttp right click on "DefaultSecureProtocols" and modify, change the "value data" to a80

2.JPG

3) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings set "SecureProtocols" to a80 if it's not already

3.JPG

4) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings set "SecureProtocols" to a80 if it's not already

4.JPG

if any DefaultSecureProtocols or SecureProtocols are missing, you need to add them manually. be in the right folder, right click on the right side window -> new -> DWord (32 bit) value, then add the name and value.

If all is done correctly, it should work right away, there's no need for rebooting or anything. At least it did for me

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
yeah, I fixed it in win 7

you need to change/add 4 registry keys

if any DefaultSecureProtocols or SecureProtocols are missing, you need to add them manually. be in the right folder, right click on the right side window -> new -> DWord (32 bit) value, then add the name and value.

If all is done correctly, it should work right away, there's no need for rebooting or anything. At least it did for me

This will not work after the next game update, they are killing TLS 1.0/1.1 on the server side.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Interesting stuff.

Really curious about 7.0, an event in maybe 6.5 changing the story and revealing the expansion...

Thinking either Y'shtola masters inter-shard travel and we go to another one for an expansion, or we save Vitra's sister and follow her home to Mercydia.

Wild theory... saving the 1st causes it to rejoin.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
I theorized they would rejoin us and plop the existing spaces in the first in the world and thus opens them to interaction.... but then the kept emphasizing no going over and over so I kind of backed down heh

• 1Like

Cybsled

Rejoining is bad for the source and the shards. Since the Ascian shit is done, I think it is safe to say the rejoining plot point is more or less over.

YoshiP says the story for the next xpac won't become clear until 6.5, which means all the shit going on right now doesn't directly factor into that storyline in theory or it is only ancillary.

I suspect Yshtola will figure out the way to cross worlds and I do agree the 13th is a good candidate given they have been building up lore about it since ARR. However, I am dubious as to whether the focus for the next xpac actually is the 13th shard directly.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
It's either gonna be the start of the 13th arc, or were going too Mercydia(sp?), or something with the 12. I would say it's something with the 12, they were awfully fast too show up once Venat was "gone".

or possibly "The New World" which is suppose to be like "North America", and the Hyurs there are crazy Aether manipulators(as in they would put Louisoix too shame)