Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
between the FFIV battle theme and the content giving us what I thought was going to be 7.0, not the 6.X patches, that trailer is super hype

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
New savage gear btw
BXnBYSlsNk77c0di-dtq8m1VeM.jpg

I really don't want to have to do savage again but I also really want some of this stuff like those monk claws and healer robe. Think maybe I'll wait until 6.3 to do savage so it's easier with max gear and stuff, we'll see I guess.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wish the BRD bow didn't look like shit compared to the other weapons which look insane.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
You can just wait till 6.3 for the armor sets.. weapons though you have too do Savage for them.

But with the start of the new relics coming soon also... ehhh *shrug*

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You can just wait till 6.3 for the armor sets.. weapons though you have too do Savage for them.

But with the start of the new relics coming soon also... ehhh *shrug*
You have to do savage for the armor too, this isn't the tome gear.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Armor is also on normal mode. Though not dye-able usually. Whether the normal version will get the glow or not is the question.
Right but that's 6.2, and yeah I'm fully expecting the normal version to have no glow. Weapons are what I mostly want though, some of these look nice and there's likely going to be a few more that look good in the ones not shown.

Cybsled

They showed purple and red glows for the armor, which suggests 2 dif versions of same gear. They usually dont do that unless it is a different tier of gear

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They showed purple and red glows for the armor, which suggests 2 dif versions of same gear. They usually dont do that unless it is a different tier of gear
That's just the different type of armors though, same as usual sets? Unless you mean another pic. On this pic, you have healer gear being purple while casting is red(same model as usual), scouting is purple while aiming is red(same model), tank is red whilemaiming is purple(same model) and then slaying is unique as usual. On other sets it's stuff like healer being white while caster is black and stuff like that, they almost always share a model but have different base colors to separate them.

Cybsled

Check out that image - warrior and DK. Warrior is red, DK is purple. But if you look at the armor design, it is identical beyond the glow.

That indicates there are 2 different versions of the same armor then

bolok

Trakanon Raider
It's possible the purple is DRG not DK. The grip doesn't seem right for the greatsword. Which makes it a honking big poke stick.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah definitely dragoon idle stance and it doesn't even look like a sword, thus maiming set, which most of the time shares model with tank gear.

Chris

Potato del Grande
The Eureka glowing armour is yellow/white glow for Tanks and green for Dragoons, otherwise it's the same model.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Babymetal is getting weirder and weirder.

Pretty stoked for the island part of the update, because I am a farmer in my brain.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sooo kinda mentioned this in our tiny FOH guild, but I dunno. Just wrapped up the main part of Stormblood.

I just couldn’t give a shit about Ala Mihgo. At all. And I keep waiting for the story to take this dark and sinister turn or set lose so much of the bindings of the talkiness, but it doesn’t. The empire is a bland villain. The ascians seem ok but i want more. Eikons can be cool but then they come back. I’ve played a decent amount of mainline FF 4-7, 9. And this is like those but overall worse story because the beats have to be drawn out over an xpac. And the world isn’t that interesting. However, the base MMO parts are fun to me. Combat got a lot better post-50. Dungeons and stuff are fun. I suspect Shadowbringers and Endwalker are just more of the same. I’m on a quest to finish the story out, but of all the bigger MMOs this has grabbed me the second least. GW2 I had a major problem with the childishness of the writing. I find that here too, which yeah FF always had some of that. I just want more combat and more out in the world for the story than the talky talky at the quest hub for 10 minutes then fight two mobs. I’m rambling. Might be that the game isn’t for me. Ironic though I dipped into SWTOR to do a class to 50 and the story grabbed me almost immediately. And it wasn’t that much better really. FF14 is a shit ton of content though. Good lord a lot to do.

Cybsled

Post Stormblood MSQ gets a bit better IMO than the 4.0 MSQ. Also be sure to at least do the Omega trials/raid - the fights are good, but so is the story

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malkav

French Madman
4.0 MSQ definitely was "eh". I couldn't give a shit about Ala Mihgo either. Things definitely take a radical turn toward the end of the 4.X patch cycle and onward to ShB.

• 1Like