Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Malkav

French Madman
God it had been some time since I had a look at them, but the official forums seem to have become even more retarded than before. Got brain damage just by looking at them, they are not even entertaining in their silliness anymore.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
God it had been some time since I had a look at them, but the official forums seem to have become even more retarded than before. Got brain damage just by looking at them, they are not even entertaining in their silliness anymore.

If I wasn't already banned from them I think I'd end up getting banned within two minutes of posting.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Sounds like any official forums for any game ever.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I legit cannot think of the last time I checked out a game's official forum. Maybe Vanguard?

Patch is up, incidentally, but servers still down.

Malkav

French Madman
ughh seems to be alot of problems with Island Sanc, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't extend the maint to fix it.

Scroll all the way down too "Known Issues"

And there up.. I wouldn't hold my breath on them staying up long though..

Honestly all that shit was expected. Sanctuary is a bastartized personal instance, it's already a miracle they managed to let you queue up to the DF from there and things like that already.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Finished Shadowbringers. Took about 152 hours, 448 hours total so far. Overall it was good, the MSQ was stellar, but then it turned into crap in post, mainly because of
Gr'aha Tia. That fucking faggot should have stayed frozen. He contributes nothing to the story now. He's just a sad simp. He makes Alphinaud look cool.
Y'shtola is still the main waifu and I liked the pixies more than I should have. I might go and do all their side quests. So far I've only done one, the one where one of the pixies wants to be come the most popular.
Raids were very good. It showed that they had more time and resources put into them. Anogg/Konogg whole story was pure genius but I think they either ran out of time or ideas how to finish it. They also produced some of the best quotes of the expansion.

ffxiv_19062022_140923_834.jpg

Actually
Gaia
had the best quotes

ffxiv_25062022_144712_333.jpg

ffxiv_25062022_144724_543.jpg

ffxiv_25062022_220358_938.jpg

ffxiv_31072022_193424_539.jpg

I know how you people like rankings so here are my story rankings so far

1. Shadowbringers - only got the first place because of the main villain was so brilliantly written.
2. Heavensward (all of it) - I mean, it's critically acclaimed
3. Stormblood post MSQ - great setup for SB
4. Shadowbringers post MSQ - had cool moments but I refer you to the above spoiler.
5. ARR - grindy but better than Stormblood
6. Stormblood - I hope they fired the MSQ writer

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Okay, that first fight is gonna be interesting in Savage.. cause holy shit there is a bunch of new mechanics they have added.. and some stuff I haven't seen sense Alexander Raids but cranked up too 11..

Chris

Potato del Grande
Okay, that first fight is gonna be interesting in Savage.. cause holy shit there is a bunch of new mechanics they have added.. and some stuff I haven't seen sense Alexander Raids but cranked up too 11..
I have no idea what was going on the whole first fight. The boss ate me lmao.

Second I got except the bit where the aoes change direction for some reason. Had to heal myself as a tank as healers had a job ressing so many people.

Third and Fourth seemed pretty easy.

The armour from this looks insane, armour glows are fairly rare.

Last edited:

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I have no idea what was going on the whole first fight. The boss ate me lmao.

Second I got except the bit where the aoes change direction for some reason. Had to heal myself as a tank as healers had a job ressing so many people.

Third and Fourth seemed pretty easy.

The armour from this looks insane, armour glows are fairly rare.

Only did the first fight dis morning as I had meetings and dr's appointments today, nap time now then back too it lol.

Lol at Lahabrea and Elidibus both going , "You have some really weird Aether." If they only knew, and I think that now yes it has been confirmed we are Azem, after what Elidibus said during the final bit of the first fights questline.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Some of my story theories were correct I think, so going to post some more thoughts.

Raid Story:
Lahabrea = Hesphestos confirmed.

Looks like "our" Lahabrea and past Lahabrea are actually the same person given the soul merging backstory. There were theories that Eric was the future version which probably isn't happening now.

I guess that the crystal doesn't get destroyed and is used to reunite both parts of Lahabrea, turning him back evil.

Final part I assume is Athena returning from the underworld? I guess she never reincarnated and Hydaelin was down there too keep her in check after the world was destroyed (not anymore).

Or maybe Eric has been guarding the place the entire time, or perhaps Emet and Lahabrea avoided being sundered by hiding Pandaemonium in the underworld?

There has to be some sort of Lahabrea redemption more than we just got right? Otherwise why are we doing this?

MSQ:
Zenos' voidsent being the mystery character confirned.

All great stuff, really like Zero as a character and they nicely fit everything in with previous lore since we've fought void stuff multiple times before.

Going to guess Cagnazzo dungeon and Rubicante trial in 6.3 then Shadow Dragon dungeon and Golbez trial in 6.4?

I think that 6.5 is going to have a major twist ending and I've figured it out with a solid theory:
As I was posting this I was thinking about if there would be a 6.5 and... oh no... Golbez isn't the final boss of FF4 is he? It's Zeromus... Zero... fuck... she's going to eat all those crystals...

Maybe Zeromus could be a dark version of Eden and be the means to restore the 13th gone wrong?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Lol at Lahabrea and Elidibus both going , "You have some really weird Aether." If they only knew, and I think that now yes it has been confirmed we are Azem, after what Elidibus said during the final bit of the first fights questline.
That was confirmed in 5.3 when we get the crystal, then again in 6.0

Emet can see the identity of souls, that's how the Ascians kept getting found and restored.

He realises who you are just before his boss fight, then gets his memories about Elpis back on death, so his spirit leads you to the crystals and saves you from the Ascian realm in the Elidibus fight.

When you meet him in the past, he and Hythlodeus both have the same ability and immediately connect you to Azem.

Last edited:

Cybsled

After finishing MSQ, I had a thought on the identity of the guy in armor and I think the whole 13th is a red herring on the theme of the next expansion.

I think it might be Emperor Xande. It sort of fits: They both have a similar stature, both appear to have mastered capturing dragons, and he goes on about a gateway like the gateway Xande was obsessed with.

As such, while everyone suspects the 13th/Void will be the primary focus of the next expac, it might be the return of Xande and some new Allagan empire

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
After finishing MSQ, I had a thought on the identity of the guy in armor and I think the whole 13th is a red herring on the theme of the next expansion.

I think it might be Emperor Xande. It sort of fits: They both have a similar stature, both appear to have mastered capturing dragons, and he goes on about a gateway like the gateway Xande was obsessed with.

As such, while everyone suspects the 13th/Void will be the primary focus of the next expac, it might be the return of Xande and some new Allagan empire
Are you talking about Golbez? Or is there a scene I missed?

He's... Golbez. It's a FF4 reference.

Also yeah, looks like the 13th storyline is going to be resolved in these patches.

Malkav

French Madman
If you did the optional Void Quests in ShB (after all the Role Quests), you should go speak with Unukalhai and Cyella in the Crystarium after 6.2

• 1Like