Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Janx

<Silver Donator>
July 2nd launch..fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Oh shit delayed reading Cyb's post. I'm ok with that I guess. Few days before camping I guess.

Cybsled

YoshiP half-joked it was pushed back because of Elden Ring DLC lol

He probably wants to play the DLC

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
YoshiP half-joked it was pushed back because of Elden Ring DLC lol

He probably wants to play the DLC

He 100% will be playing it haha. It's funny there were a lot of people claiming August/September release. Damn just 3 months out, really. Train keeps on rolling.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
My leave is booked and my body is ready. I'll be throwing up +15% xp bonuses in the FC for 2 weeks when Dawntrail hits as well.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Hope there's more Eureka/Bozja style content this time.

Kinda gave up on Endwalker because it lacked that stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

They've hinted there will be something in that vein (eureka/bozja). There is also that outer space exploration thing they're adding/hinting at.

• 1Like

Cybsled

1711315379535.png

1711315415815.png

Pre-Order earring is a XP boost earring like they released previously, but works up to level 90. Pre-Orders open up 3/26

• 1Like

Cybsled

Maybe, but FFIX was one of the least sci-fi oriented FF games and Solution 9 is clearly full blown sci-fi in theme. I don't doubt the xpac will have lots of FF9 themed stuff, but the ultra tech stuff probably won't unless it just uses names from stuff (like how Solution 9 is a limit break in FF9)

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Do we know if PIctomancer is gonna have a brez?

Don't know anything about the new classes other then what they fit into as far as Role.

There will be another LL like a month'ish before release they will explain then and also show new skills every class is getting.

Honestly I hope they don't get a Raise ..

Cybsled

I could have sworn during one of the FF they said Picto doesn't get a brez.

Next month the FF16 crossover thing happens, so I suspect sometime in late May or super early June we will get the LL that reveals the new skills and class changes

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Also don't forget Astrologian/Dragoon re-works will also be shown. Dragoon has me interested , but Astro is kind of ehh guess will have to see what happens to them.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

Next month the FF16 crossover thing happens, so I suspect sometime in late May or super early June we will get the LL that reveals the new skills and class changes
Yeah iirc they mentionned no rez on it, basically putting in the BLM category. Can expect a lot of damage. Funny that Summoner who has Bahamut and Phoenix power and Red Mage who uses lost magic that combines both white and black magic will lose out to the pixiv hentai artist.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Maybe, but FFIX was one of the least sci-fi oriented FF games and Solution 9 is clearly full blown sci-fi in theme. I don't doubt the xpac will have lots of FF9 themed stuff, but the ultra tech stuff probably won't unless it just uses names from stuff (like how Solution 9 is a limit break in FF9)

It could just be a nod to it, but keep hearing hints that it's going to be a big part of whatever surprise they have in store for MSQ.

xaivius

Freelance Kwisatz-Haderach
<Gold Donor>

Yeah iirc they mentionned no rez on it, basically putting in the BLM category. Can expect a lot of damage. Funny that Summoner who has Bahamut and Phoenix power and Red Mage who uses lost magic that combines both white and black magic will lose out to the pixiv hentai artist.

From the JP fanfest keynote, sounds like their filling the 'caster support' hole that BRD left in StB when they finally got their mobility back. They mentioned no brez, so may be a cycling or modal buffs. Considering the other casters, should be more laidback than BLM, while not as braindead as EW summoner. I could see the return of dedicated DoTs as a damage source given some of the changes that were intimated at PAXEast.

I'm honestly curious how Viper is going to play, looks like cycling between 2.5 and 1.7 gcd rotations from the available media. Also wondering what gearset BST is getting assigned. Fending or Maiming would be my guess.

Cybsled

If it is like Blue Mage, then the gear won't really do anything for them beyond looks and everything will be tied to the weapon

Maiming or Striking would be my guess