Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have a "weird" feeling that the new bad guy is Kuja ...

I find it unlikely they'd actually bring in another FF villain to be the main big bad for MSQ in a X.0 expansion. But never know.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
If it is like Blue Mage, then the gear won't really do anything for them beyond looks and everything will be tied to the weapon

Maiming or Striking would be my guess

What? Blue mage weapons have 0 stats except a few materia slots and everything relies on the gear.

Cybsled

Oh you're right. I had it reversed. I haven't played my Blue in like 2-3 years, unless you count joke self-destructs

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I still need to get my glowy umbrella, I've been slacking on the Criterion Dungeon Savages.

It's so beautiful.

1711373685360.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goonsquad Officer
The plot of ff9 involved a space ship full of souls piloted by a literal android trying to scientology the world with thetans via tree farts and cloning chambers. It wasn't astheticalky scifi most of the game, but it's core involved a scifi alien invasion.

My guess is solution 9 is some evacuation measure. Maybe from the 9th reflextion

• 2Like

Cybsled

Really? Lol I have like no real memory of FF9 then. The only scene that I even remember now that I think about it is that one scene where all those black mages that look like Vivi get killed/blown up and Vivi looks sad.

Juvarisx

Florida
Necron being the last boss of 9 was always the dumbest thing ever. Still a super fun game that you could cheese or not early.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Necron being the last boss of 9 was always the dumbest thing ever. Still a super fun game that you could cheese or not early.

Was a good game, if a bit slow in its original version. I always felt like Zidane's somewhat battle with his identity was a little too similar to Cloud's identity crisis, and not done as well. They're not brought on by the same things at all, obviously, but I remember thinking about it when I first played through 9.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Been playing this on Xbox and the chat is messed up. Random letters turn into question marks so don't know what people are saying sometimes.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Tried out the DC travel last night.. its pretty good but man can you tell you are playing in a different region. Lag is bearable was able to join a p12s party and cleared but, the mechanics are very interesting with that level of lag.

Been playing this on Xbox and the chat is messed up. Random letters turn into question marks so don't know what people are saying sometimes.

This is probably people using auto-translate functions within the game, I'm guessing the xbox doesn't come with the japanese character set out of the box, it does this "sometimes" even on PC when they add a bunch of new words into the dictionary, gets fixed pretty fast usually.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Tried out the DC travel last night.. its pretty good but man can you tell you are playing in a different region. Lag is bearable was able to join a p12s party and cleared but, the mechanics are very interesting with that level of lag.

This is probably people using auto-translate functions within the game, I'm guessing the xbox doesn't come with the japanese character set out of the box, it does this "sometimes" even on PC when they add a bunch of new words into the dictionary, gets fixed pretty fast usually.
Nope. I will type something in chat and it will show random ? for letters. No prafinity filter or auto translate stuff.

Other people having issues too it seems.

Goonsquad Officer
Not sure if related, but ark Xbox users see ***** over any words that contain possible combinations of profanity. What you are experiencing could b3 the same sort of proactive censorship. Like if some one says "jenni geranium" it sees a spelling of jogger in the word and they see ******. Our tribe name contained such a combo and made no Xbox player able to talk to us heh.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Not sure if related, but ark Xbox users see ***** over any words that contain possible combinations of profanity. What you are experiencing could b3 the same sort of proactive censorship. Like if some one says "jenni geranium" it sees a spelling of jogger in the word and they see ******. Our tribe name contained such a combo and made no Xbox player able to talk to us heh.
Nah this is only putting ? for some letters, not even a whole word. "Whe?? ?o we go" or something like that.

Goonsquad Officer
Hah that is strange. Really search the letters. See if you can make a gamer word out of the letters.

joz123

Potato del Grande
So I saw other reddit posts and it's not a ff14 filter it's Xbox. They have some strong profanity filter in place you can't disable and it screws with words in ff14. Words like class will show up as cl???. So dumb.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
So I saw other reddit posts and it's not a ff14 filter it's Xbox. They have some strong profanity filter in place you can't disable and it screws with words in ff14. Words like class will show up as cl???. So dumb.

I had just seen people talking about this and came to chime in thats what it was. Apparently people are also getting MS Banned for saying "Free Company" cause they have text filters against give aways or some shit? And just assume they are all spambots.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Emotes are even censored and show ??? in the text. Doubt MS is gonna change the filter options at all though.

joz123

Potato del Grande
This just happened. A characters name has Nightshade in it but they censored the Kang part so you see the name as ???htshade.

Edit: oh shit it's censored here as kang wow

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

• 2Worf