Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

joz123

Potato del Grande
You can't spell Nigeria without Kang.
White Goodman Reaction GIF

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
BoozeCube BoozeCube and I played something.. was it Lost Ark? .. that has an atrocious fucking word filter, too. You're just talking, having a normal conversation thats acceptable in any western country and for whatever reason, the word filter thinks you're trying to liberate hong kong and promote taiwan. Pro-Communists (and the obvious people Im referring to) that support the hiding of words like Jogger, never seem to make the connection when they complain about the filter.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
BoozeCube BoozeCube and I played something.. was it Lost Ark? .. that has an atrocious fucking word filter, too. You're just talking, having a normal conversation thats acceptable in any western country and for whatever reason, the word filter thinks you're trying to liberate hong kong and promote taiwan. Pro-Communists (and the obvious people Im referring to) that support the hiding of words like Jogger, never seem to make the connection when they complain about the filter.

Yeah Lost Ark on launch was notoriously bad about this. Simple shit like discussing ilvl and what not would eat your whole sentence. It was goddamn retarded.

Cybsled

A lot of Korean MMOs are like that - completely normal words with literally no other meaning beyond the actual damn word in English would get blocked

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
A lot of Korean MMOs are like that - completely normal words with literally no other meaning beyond the actual damn word in English would get blocked
Often it's just cause it uses international filters cause it's just the western version, not just the english one, so you have filters for spanish/portugese/french/german mixed in.

This seems like a Xbox thing though? Not sure why they have an additional filter on top of the XIV filter, but then again they have a weird currency system on top of the currency system and double sub requirements so they just probably wanted to handle a bunch of stuff on their sides.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Often it's just cause it uses international filters cause it's just the western version, not just the english one, so you have filters for spanish/portugese/french/german mixed in.

This seems like a Xbox thing though? Not sure why they have an additional filter on top of the XIV filter, but then again they have a weird currency system on top of the currency system and double sub requirements so they just probably wanted to handle a bunch of stuff on their sides.
Ya Xbox has their own built in word filter that you can't disable so it fucks up online games. Hilarious/annoying at the same time. My ff14 account was already created prior to the Xbox one so I linked my old one and can pay normally by credit card online but the new people got screwed and have to buy ff14 coins.

Game does seem to run better on Xbox than PS5 though.

Cybsled

Btw the FF16 crossover event starts today. First quest is in Ul'dah near the main teleport (level 50 quest called land on fire or whatever)

edit: the dodge/counter attack thing they added for the fight was pretty cool

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Cybsled

After you complete the crossover, there are 10 music rolls you can buy at the gold saucer for 20k saucer points each

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Man seeing a ton of hackers/bots just teleporting/under the world killing shit. All have similar names. Damn near every zone I got to like an infestation.

1712104010036.png

1712104020875.png

Cybsled

Sadly that has been around for a while. They pop out of the ground sometimes like lemmings and then burrow back down

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Sadly that has been around for a while. They pop out of the ground sometimes like lemmings and then burrow back down

The most annoying part about FFXIV reporting is you can't just right-click report people for anything but RMT.

Between botters and the people spamming their shitty "Night Clubs" as they bring their second life bullshit to FFXIV, I'm just about over the game. Maybe come back in a couple expansions when they have the new things I should care about ironed out.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I don't mind the nightclubs because sometimes they have good housing decoration ideas. I usually pop in, look at their designs, then bounce

The other party finder sometimes has some gems. There was one weird ad looking for a slave or whatever, but it mentioned they lived in a cave house. I was curious what a cave house was so I took a look at the address on the party finder. The house design was nuts - it really looked like a stone cave. with tunnels and crystals and moss/plants/water dripping. They blew their entire mansion budget on one floor to make the effect.

On that note, I am hoping the upcoming live letter gives more housing info. They mentioned the budget is going up for furniture, but I am really hoping they can somehow add Z-axis placement without using tricks. I have a really cool house design concept, but I'm going to need a much larger budget to pull it off and partition stacking is a massive fucking pain.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Do you still have to PvP for housing or did they fix that?

No more Macro clicking for houses, it's all done thru a lottery system now.

After awhile when a house becomes "Vacant" they will start a lottery, the lottery runs for a week then a winner is selected out of those, Done.

Of course if people have multiple accounts they can still "game" the system..

Cybsled

They can, but you’d need to keep the subscription active forever to keep the house if it is a personal house