Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Janx

<Silver Donator>
First thing i thought of when I saw the scholar hat.

1713377577213.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Where does viper fit in FF lore? To me it seems insanely similar to ninja. At least the pictomancer is a new thing like the little chick from ff4 or 5 or whatever it was

Goonsquad Officer
Fantasy game enjoyers are simple creatures. they will immediately clap like seals for 2 weapon or 'double weapon' weilders. It's the spergy fantasy nerd version of big titties for normal people.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Where does viper fit in FF lore? To me it seems insanely similar to ninja. At least the pictomancer is a new thing like the little chick from ff4 or 5 or whatever it was
Supposedly Viper is inspired by Zidane from FFIX, I haven't played it but I've seen several people mention this expansion has some references to it(some dungeon name and such). Also it's fairly different from Ninja cause the 2 blades can be combined into a double bladed "staff", meanwhile no ninjutsu, so really they're fairly different concepts. A solid half of the ninja skills don't involve weapons while it seems Viper is very much just a pure weapon class.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Supposedly Viper is inspired by Zidane from FFIX, I haven't played it but I've seen several people mention this expansion has some references to it(some dungeon name and such). Also it's fairly different from Ninja cause the 2 blades can be combined into a double bladed "staff", meanwhile no ninjutsu, so really they're fairly different concepts. A solid half of the ninja skills don't involve weapons while it seems Viper is very much just a pure weapon class.

A LOT of 9 references so far.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Honestly the AF sets aren't really important in the grand scheme of things. Will replace with tome gear soon as start hitting 100 on toons. Just kind of a basic look.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xaivius

Freelance Kwisatz-Haderach
<Gold Donor>
Honestly the AF sets aren't really important in the grand scheme of things. Will replace with tome gear soon as start hitting 100 on toons. Just kind of a basic look.
AF Gear is usually more valued for it's glamour potential than any stat benefit at this point. Glamour and Interior Decorating really the final endgames of FFXIV. Though I wouldn't be opposed to a new 'relic armor' set, a la Eureka.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
The new Cloth/Leather simulation someone put a lot of work into that.. you can actually tell that leather is leather and not just a thicker piece of cloth.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
AF Gear is usually more valued for it's glamour potential than any stat benefit at this point. Glamour and Interior Decorating really the final endgames of FFXIV. Though I wouldn't be opposed to a new 'relic armor' set, a la Eureka.

There's some glam value there, but most people I know heavy into glam don't really feature the AF sets all that much (although if they looked really good, might change). Just too much stuff that looks better or is rarer to obtain that people end up valuing more.

Cybsled

The two channel dye stuff isn't going to be retroactively applied to everything right off the bat, or at least that is what I took from the fanfest. I suspect dyes will see a spike in prices initially as people start collecting enough 2 channel dye gear that they like. Especially the stuff that is normally cash shop gear, but your retainers can bring you back tradable versions of the cash shop dyes.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
The two channel dye stuff isn't going to be retroactively applied to everything right off the bat, or at least that is what I took from the fanfest. I suspect dyes will see a spike in prices initially as people start collecting enough 2 channel dye gear that they like. Especially the stuff that is normally cash shop gear, but your retainers can bring you back tradable versions of the cash shop dyes.

My body is ready.

1713449238481.png

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

My retainers are all full of crafting materials that I never use, but hold onto in the event I feel the need to craft Heavensward era stuff lol