Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

xaivius

Freelance Kwisatz-Haderach
<Gold Donor>
No more Macro clicking for houses, it's all done thru a lottery system now.

After awhile when a house becomes "Vacant" they will start a lottery, the lottery runs for a week then a winner is selected out of those, Done.

Of course if people have multiple accounts they can still "game" the system..
Yup. Just to add some detail, the auctions cycle with a 5 day bid phase followed by a 4 day results phase. Any recently vacant houses will go up for bid at the start of the next bid phase. Piassa.db does a good job of tracking vacancies across the NA servers, cant speak to other data centers.

Sythrak

Vyemm Raider
I'd almost have rather paid $2 like an extra retainer to keep permanent housing. Whenever I quit I had to debate whether it was worth it to continue subbing just to keep my mansion.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

Lastest liveletter stuff. They've shown the benchmark trailer(which has teasers for new skill animations for every class as well as gear sets and stuff like that, available in a couple of days to use on your own PC), the new graphical improvements a bunch, they're adding a much more robust blacklist system as well as chat filtering automated system and adding FSR1.0 and DLSS2.0 to the game(old versions, might be upgradeable at least for FSR). Also has a schedule up to the release of Dawntrail, Dragon Quest event returns along with Make It Rain campaign, 2 more liveletters to go, one in may for the job related changes and one a couple weeks before release probably content teasers and stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Any news on job changes? Is it a complete redo like they often do during expansions?
Na combat is next live letter in about a month, they did say they're reworking Dragoon and Astrologian a long while back. The new effects also mostly look like higher tiers of existing skills, so it's possible most classes will only get some qol and like one passive that might switch things up a bit(like getting oGCDs resets or reducing the cd of a skill which would affect the rotation without majorly changing the classes). Anyway for now we don't really know much.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I leveled all classes to 90, but really only play 1 of each type(sch, pld, brd). But still do quests and stuff for all of them and every time I switch back to one of the ones I have not played in a long time half of my skills no longer exist and are ‘Greyed out’. Not a big deal as all of them are fairly quick to re-learn But makes me laugh

also having played all classes to 90 I can definitely say some are far more simple and some have far fewer buttons. There are some classes, dps specifically, that even if you are bad you can do mostly good pew pew dmg. Then there are some where you can absolutely suck if you do the wrong thing, like the ninja murata stuff.

I don’t mind, and actually prefer the more complicated stuff sometimes but square has clearly taken a position of simplicity and equality amongst classes. Anyway, looking forward to whatever this brings as I do love this game. I JUST finished endgame or whatever it’s called(the most recent expansion) as I took a break for a long while. this is one of the few games I play where I watch and engage in the stories

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I leveled all classes to 90, but really only play 1 of each type(sch, pld, brd). But still do quests and stuff for all of them and every time I switch back to one of the ones I have not played in a long time half of my skills no longer exist and are ‘Greyed out’. Not a big deal as all of them are fairly quick to re-learn But makes me laugh

also having played all classes to 90 I can definitely say some are far more simple and some have far fewer buttons. There are some classes, dps specifically, that even if you are bad you can do mostly good pew pew dmg. Then there are some where you can absolutely suck if you do the wrong thing, like the ninja murata stuff.

I don’t mind, and actually prefer the more complicated stuff sometimes but square has clearly taken a position of simplicity and equality amongst classes. Anyway, looking forward to whatever this brings as I do love this game. I JUST finished endgame or whatever it’s called(the most recent expansion) as I took a break for a long while. this is one of the few games I play where I watch and engage in the stories
Ive always thought WoWs more recent retail experience with classes was over the top obnoxious. In legion, my spriest was up at some stupid high APM. It was a lot of fun when I was topping the meters by a good margin, but then after they nerfed them heavily... I had to ask myself, "why" was I playing a class that I have to work and concentrate so heavily on, when a Warlock can do 1/3 of the APM and top the meters? Especially when raid fights are what, 10? 15? TWENTY fkn minutes a piece. I'll take FFXIV's simpler any day of the week. I just didnt like this last expansion all that much in compared to Shadowbringers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ive always thought WoWs more recent retail experience with classes was over the top obnoxious. In legion, my spriest was up at some stupid high APM. It was a lot of fun when I was topping the meters by a good margin, but then after they nerfed them heavily... I had to ask myself, "why" was I playing a class that I have to work and concentrate so heavily on, when a Warlock can do 1/3 of the APM and top the meters? Especially when raid fights are what, 10? 15? TWENTY fkn minutes a piece. I'll take FFXIV's simpler any day of the week. I just didnt like this last expansion all that much in compared to Shadowbringers.

while I do like the games which require “skill”(subjective I know but bear with me a little), I think that simplicity is key for a few reasons.

it does allow more ’n00bs” to participate in all but the savage mode of the game, which is fair. I know that’s an age old MMO debate but whatever. And i think it keeps the health, longevity and appeal of the game so it doesn’t die a slow death. I am always seeing new and returning playres in ffxiv and i think simplicity along with class swapping, the roulettes and things which keep older players still grouping with new players, and the simple itemization help towards all of that.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
while I do like the games which require “skill”(subjective I know but bear with me a little), I think that simplicity is key for a few reasons.

it does allow more ’n00bs” to participate in all but the savage mode of the game, which is fair. I know that’s an age old MMO debate but whatever. And i think it keeps the health, longevity and appeal of the game so it doesn’t die a slow death. I am always seeing new and returning playres in ffxiv and i think simplicity along with class swapping, the roulettes and things which keep older players still grouping with new players, and the simple itemization help towards all of that.

Also allows for much tighter/more consistent tuning of harder fights. Not needing so many wild swings in nerf bats to encounters/classes/specs that are way overtuned or overpowered.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
The real fun will be the new lighting stuff they have access to.

What they showed of Titania looked really amazing for being on the "base" engine.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I upgraded my computer recently, so while it's nothing special, it shouldn't curl into a ball and weep at the new stuff like my old one would have.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Standard Bard shit. Meanwhile Dragoon looking exactly the same as the past 5 expansions or whatever. Just less shitty textures on the armor.

Personally pretty happy with the classes I usually like, Monk armor looks neat and the weapons are somewhat new design, I like dancer's outfit a bunch, scholar is same-ish but still kinda new and warrior is like a better version of the standard warrior armor. I really like Summoner and Pictomancer too. Rest I kinda don't care.

Mostly happy the sets aren't ruined by god-ugly blurry textures anymore, that was always one issue especially with the older gear but even the more recent stuff still had issues, these ones(and presumably all the Dawntrail gear) is much cleaner.

Now just need to see the job live letter to figure out what I'll be playing. Leaning pretty heavily into the new Pictomancer though cause it looks neat(FFVI themed armor and the skills look fun), and assuming we can just Trust every dungeon as with Endwalker queues won't be a concern for leveling.

• 1Like

xaivius

Freelance Kwisatz-Haderach
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck is that guitar bow shit
A gloriously autistic Artemis Bow 2.0, complete with electric (levin?) lute and folding compound bow arms. Also, new BRD hat.

Really liking how these AF armor sets really feel like later versions of previous or original sets after a few years of our WoL and/or Tataru tinkering with them. I'm also sincerely curious about the relics for DT, because the tier 4 EW relics look suspiciously like they could have been weapon drops from Arcadion/DT-ExTrials given what we've been shown so far. Can only assume at this point they will likely be tied with whatever 'cosmic exploration' turns out to be or if it's different the new Eureka/Bozja setting.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Kinda disappointed that most of these just look like various old sets. That DRG one is especially bland, good lord.

• 1Like