Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So i purchased the game when it first released. What do I have to do to get ready for release? I'd love to get into the open beta or at least early release.
Um shouldn't you have been in this entire time already? Correct me if I am wrong.

bho

Bronze Knight of the Realm
so whats the current intel on p4 / early access date? Strange to me that its 23 days before release and we dont know

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
so whats the current intel on p4 / early access date? Strange to me that its 23 days before release and we dont know
Next information release is on August 8th, so presumably we'll get the dates for each of those. Although at this point we're unlikely to have a full 2 weeks of p4, so maybe 5-10 days and then 3-7 for early access.

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
Um shouldn't you have been in this entire time already? Correct me if I am wrong.
No idea, I guess I'll try and remember my log in and see if it says anything. I still have the CD key so I guess that should work. Haven't really been paying attention to it until now.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Next information release is on August 8th, so presumably we'll get the dates for each of those. Although at this point we're unlikely to have a full 2 weeks of p4, so maybe 5-10 days and then 3-7 for early access.
There are rumors going around - and I could swear I saw something official, but I have to look for it - that Early Access will begin a full week before launch (August 20; launch is August 27), with P4 rumored to be starting this Friday (Aug 9), if not right after the Live Letter on Aug 8. Phase 4 is slated to be just a full week long, which means it all but has to start no later than August 13. Since it seems weird that beta phase 4 would end the day before early access begins, that probably means it'll be sooner.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are rumors going around - and I could swear I saw something official, but I have to look for it - that Early Access will begin a full week before launch (August 20; launch is August 27), with P4 rumored to be starting this Friday (Aug 9), if not right after the Live Letter on Aug 8. Phase 4 is slated to be just a full week long, which means it all but has to start no later than August 13. Since it seems weird that beta phase 4 would end the day before early access begins, that probably means it'll be sooner.
given that SE has gone out of there way to say 7 days early access has never been officially announced and the time of early access will be announced later, id say its probably not going to be a week long.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd guess at most we get the weekend right before launch, so 24-27, maybe open on 23rd like at 5/6pm pst. Early access wise.

fuffalo_sl

shitlord
What's the general consensus on this game? Decent but grindy like the last one? Group centric? Heavy instancing? Any good writeups I could read?

Thanks!

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
Everyone assumed OB would start on the 9th for a while until they had an account access page that said Beta applications would continue on the 17th. That was taken down within the day and they haven't commented on it on the official forums so I would lean toward that date.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you pre-order (like me) after the P4 beta sign-up deadline, there is no chance of getting into P4 unless they re-open the sign-ups?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
We don't know. We don't know shit really, until the 8th where we will most likely know all their plans for P4 and early release, but until then, no one knows anything besides assumptions and older announcements which might or might not be accurate anymore and don't give any exact details anyway.