Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Syia_sl

shitlord
For everyone testing out the game, absolutely make sure you unlock guildleves in open beta. You get 3 leves every 12 hours, so 5 days of downtime for 30 leves during early access. This is critical to get rare spawns in order to finish your hunting logs and grand company hunting logs.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm trying to remember. Guildleves are those mini dungeons that are grouped by levels? Or are you talking about those just regular leves that you go activate in the field(they are phased) that are like Kill x in time or other odd stuff. I was using those leves during beta to get seals. I've heard you can use them for crafting? Do the leve, then put on your crafting tool when you turn in.

Syia_sl

shitlord
Guildhests are the group version of guildleves. I'm referring to the battle/field/trade craft leves which are sometimes referred to as guildleves.

Roxette_sl

shitlord
Hmm trying to remember. Guildleves are those mini dungeons that are grouped by levels? Or are you talking about those just regular leves that you go activate in the field(they are phased) that are like Kill x in time or other odd stuff. I was using those leves during beta to get seals. I've heard you can use them for crafting? Do the leve, then put on your crafting tool when you turn in.
Guildhests are what you are remembering when it comes to the mini training instances. Guildleves are the ones you activate in the field etc...

Yes, you can use leves for crafting. There is / was a way where you could use them to level up crafting quickly by turning in HQ items. Essentially you would get another crafting leve request to make more HQ items and you could take one leve crafting task and repeat it several times as long as you turned in only HQ products. I am not sure if that is still in the game though.

Edit: I just got what you meant by doing the battle leve and then switching to crafting class for the experience... this works for most quests as well.

Tide27_sl

shitlord
For everyone testing out the game, absolutely make sure you unlock guildleves in open beta. You get 3 leves every 12 hours, so 5 days of downtime for 30 leves during early access. This is critical to get rare spawns in order to finish your hunting logs and grand company hunting logs.
What level do you need to be to unlock the guildleves

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What level do you need to be to unlock the guildleves
12 or so, it's part of the main story quest. Only takes a few hours of playing to get there and it is definitely a good advice, assuming it will work like between beta phases(and it's very likely), since it means you'll have quite a bunch of leves ready for release if you want to solo, level another class or level crafting/gathering(especially gathering). Also later they're used for Grand Company leves, which you'll need to run to get the Chocobo mount, as well as badges for Gathering/Crafting xp boosters and other nonsense. In beta you could get badges from FATE(pub quests) but I think that was a temporary thing and the only source in live will be leves and grand company quests.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've heard you can use them for crafting? Do the leve, then put on your crafting tool when you turn in.
In my experience that never worked, and Squirts and I tried repeatedly to find ways to exploit it. You absolutely cannot do a L30 leve and expect to get crafting xp on a level 1, but maybe it works if you were to, say, do a level 10 combat leve and then switch. That would be shitty xp though, and a waste of your leve count.

I'm pretty sure you'll still be able to turn in HQ items for bonus xp, but HQ items will be harder to come by now. At least until the people you're getting the items from are much higher level than the leves you're doing yourself anyway.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
As far as what I found out when you want to turn in a quest, you need to be within level range to have been able to accept it in the first place. That's how I assume it works since I tried a few things and couldn't turn it in these situations, but you can turn in low level combat quests from other cities. So for example if you do a lvl 20 pve quest, you can only turn it with a lvl 16ish class(can be a non combat class though). Leves are I assume the same. You can do a crafting leve though so not sure why you'd do a combat leve, I guess maybe they're easier to do.

Banal_sl

shitlord
There was a way to exploit crafting leves by turning in vendor items. This was particularly expoitable with Alchemy. I'm not sure if that got fixed.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There was a way to exploit crafting leves by turning in vendor items. This was particularly expoitable with Alchemy. I'm not sure if that got fixed.
You can only buy up to lvl 15 items or whatever though, so that wouldn't get you very far, plus it's expensive. Actually crafting the items also give crafting xp.

Banal_sl

shitlord
I reckon so. I didn't really try it in P3 because it was relatively pointless. I plan on using the stored leves for gathering xp, because it was incredibly tedious leveling mining.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Has anyone pre-ordered the digital version of FF14 on Amazon and received the early access code and account code yet?

Also, should we uninstall our P3 client?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Uninstalling yes, it's an entirely new client for P4. For the codes I'm not too sure, I got a pre order code right away I think it is, but I don't think I got an actual account key yet, from GMG. The website to register preorder isn't actually up yet though so atm it's no big deal.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
What server are we going to roll on? Still Malboro or are we going to wholesale over to Gilgamesh like was mentioned?
I've added a colunm to the guild sign-up spreadsheet for Server preference

Gilgamesh: Hi pop, maybe queues
Marlboro: Medium-Low pop, no queues

If anyone has anything else that should be considered, let me know. We'll go with the majority, unless someone has a better idea
smile.png

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
^^ Added myself and voted Gilgamesh. For the pure reason that sometimes these guilds fizzle out in about 3 weeks and it would be nice to be on a higher population server if/when that happens.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
Probably old news to many people, but might be new to some (was for me):

That shit is absolutely terrifying. I never realized WoW degenerated to that extent. Here's hoping that whatever comes out in FFXIV isn't remotely as braindead. Jesus.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Probably old news to many people, but might be new to some (was for me):

That shit is absolutely terrifying. I never realized WoW degenerated to that extent. Here's hoping that whatever comes out in FFXIV isn't remotely as braindead. Jesus.
Yeah it's pretty bad. Accessibility needs to happen to some extent, but it has been pushed so far over the cliff at this point that it renders any accomplishment in the game meaningless. I do not think he wasn't talked about in group... More than likely there was bitching in each perspective players guild chat while the 5 man was happening, they were just too lazy to do anything about it or didn't care because they were blowing through the dungeon. That LFR example is hilarious though.

I think the pendulum will start swinging the other way soon. The way to prove it to Blizzard at this point is to prove that this is why they are bleeding subs. But there are too many variables. WoW is almost 10 years old. It's at the tail end of an expansion. And if they see more people hop in again after the next launch, there will be a point to be made that content is consumed too quickly, hence leaving the game.