Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Also got my invite. I have never bought or tested FF XIV so all I can think off is that they liked my hardware specs(i7 3930 and Radeon HD7970). I remember submitting a dxdiag during the beta application. Or maybe I just got lucky.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yea, I was able to log into my square account and register my beta key, but when clicking the link to log into the forums it says the credentials are invalid.
Had the same problem, then realized it's asking for my SquareEnix ID not my email address. Log into the account page and check the top, it will show your ID (which isn't your email adress). Use that with your password and it should work.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
This thread right here basically wraps up the current MMO market in a nutshell. Like most of you in here, I was burned HARD by FF14 and yet here you are, chomping at the bit to give them more money.

I am not saying that it is wrong mind you as I am looking for something as well since GW2 did not turn out to hold my attention like I had hoped but when will they ever learn from their mistakes when they get rewarded each time?

It is almost like the build up, looking at screens, hearing about leaked info, etc., is more fun and entertaining then the game itself.
First MMO to release and admit how fucked up of a job they did and take it down to redo it. If it turns out to be shit, so be it. But considering I gave them 13 dollars for the first game, another monthly wont be a big deal when its released again. If it turns out to be a better game then what they released the first time, it will be fun to check out and have something to do for a month.

It sounds like you're more bitter about the fact you bought in to early into FF14. I suggest you listen very carefully to those in the beta with complaints and focus broadly on the general flow of information coming out of the game. If 2 out of 10 say the same mechanic sucks, ask if you also would think that sucks. Even if everyone of them agrees that its made up by something else thats good.

So what's the deal with Legacy Player invites? I payed for the game for about 4 months despite not actually playing beyond the first week, logged into my account today and didn't see anything regarding legacy status and still have not received any sort of invite. Was there a signup I missed after writing this game off or did I just get fucked?

Tonic_sl

shitlord
Ugg, how did everyone get their beta invites already. So sad to not have gotten one yet. How was alpha, if anyone played?

elidrin_sl

shitlord
So what's the deal with Legacy Player invites? I payed for the game for about 4 months despite not actually playing beyond the first week, logged into my account today and didn't see anything regarding legacy status and still have not received any sort of invite. Was there a signup I missed after writing this game off or did I just get fucked?
To achieve Legacy status you needed to pay for 90 cumulative days of service, if you have done that and believe you should have received Legacy status I would contact SE support.

Legacy status information here:http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com.../campaign.html

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
My friend just texted me and received an invite. This isn't a complaint but going to give people perspective on the invites (it's really random). His computer is older and has worse specs than mine. I think he has beta tested one or two games and he has never played a Final Fantasy game. This was all reflected in his application. That all being said, it seems it is randomized or they are attempting to get as many perspectives if possible (which is a great idea if this is true).

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I think its a good move to get people in like my friend though because he has no idea what 1.0 was like.... Again, no idea if selections are filtered and picked intentially or strictly random but, legacy players are going to be looking at particular things on their list. This way they get a honest first impression. Still hoping I get an invite but i'm more interested in what he'll have to say after a few phases and the NDA drops more so than someone who played 1.0.

ixian_sl

shitlord
This article at the Penny Arcade Reportpoints out some of the UI issues with 2.0.

Considering how long I played XI, I'm sure I can deal with crappy quest turn-ins and a not entirely great UI in general, and perhaps things like that will even be fixed by the time the game releases, but the article did add some more caution to my cautious optimism.

Deisun_sl

shitlord
If it's FFXI with better graphics and better controls/gameplay I'll probably buy it.

Hoping to get a chance to beta test it beforehand though just to not waste $60.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Hold the phone 651...
Don't tell me your a 952 or (shudder) 763?

I just hope they fix the god awful pause when pulling out/putting away your weapon and the chat system from 1998. How hard is it to allow the chat box to filter text?

p.s. I said pulling out.

ixian_sl

shitlord
All that being said, if they announce ninja as a class then I'm going out to buy a new gaming pc and kissing the next few years of my life goodbye.
From aninterview with Yoshida:
Also I do feel that scouting classes are lacking so I want to bring in Thief, Ninja and those that have to do with stealth. Also more casters like Blue Mage and Red Mage are something I would like to add.
Edit: If you're in the beta, the client is available for download now.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
If it's FFXI with better graphics and better controls/gameplay I'll probably buy it.

Hoping to get a chance to beta test it beforehand though just to not waste $60.
Just $29.99 if I remember correctly and they haven't mentioned anything about the monthly fee but i'm assuming it will be $12.99 - $14.99 ish

Meko

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I have a few friends that played 1.0 and who have played the alpha for 2.0 and they've stated it's incredibly different. They said alpha was much better than the 1.0 and even ran smoother. I'm hoping it's a success honestly. I played XI and loved it even through the tedium it presented for miniscule things. Either way, I'm optimistic and hope to try it out next week.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
All that being said, if they announce ninja as a class then I'm going out to buy a new gaming pc and kissing the next few years of my life goodbye.
Didn't they say that Ninja tanking (Itche'?) was a mistake and that isn't what it was intended for? If that is the case I feel that Ninja might be drastically different as they were mostly just badass tanks IIRC.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah originally they were meant to be pullers and ranged DD's (how expensive would that have been shitttt?)

Utsusemi: Ichi and Utsusemi: Ni!

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Ninjas were supposed to be ranged DPS in FFXI. They couldn't fix Utsusemi tanking to be how they intended without pissing everyone off, sort of like FD pulling with monk in EverQuest.