Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Vilmz_sl

shitlord
After seeing that poll on what classes/jobs people are going with I was hesitant on going with a PLD, and tanking as my main. Screw it. 99% of them probably have no idea what LOS or taunt is. Bring it on baby.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Tes...60#post1207560
Well it's been decided, and you're never gonna believe me, but, you will now be able to change your character appearance at the start of Beta Phase 4. The character edit flag will be available then. You can play your character, how you want them to appear, from Beta Phase 4 and all the way through launch.

How's that for good news?
Unknown if this is only for 1.0 characters or everyone

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
im not sure why everyone would need it seeing as people not bringing over a legacy character gets to choose how they look anyway.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Anyone have the P4 client downloaded ? I thought it would be up by now but all I get from the patcher is the maintenance page.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not til thursday, they're probably finalizing their internal testing and updates right up to the wire.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Help me my smart internet friends!! A few days ago I bought a 930 headset and had to install some software off a CD. When it tried to download it off the CD I got a 2755 error saying the server returned unexpected error 1632 attempting to install the package. I tried researching abit but gave up and sent it to their support line with no answer.

Then tonight I tried to download Microsoft silver light because my dumb ass forgot to pay 19 dollars to a 3rd party to dish so my cable magically went out and I can't fucking watch suits (so I was downloading my sisters cable company's app). And again, I get an issue (screenshot attached) saying the windows installer I am trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

I just realized I won't be able to download FFXIV and I have 20+ hours of work tomorrow away from home so don't have time to dig into this. Any brilliant ideas? What little I could research it said something about I need to fix my windows installer but all the update packages are from old old systems OR for servers, not my little ole PC. I know not a tech forum but for any kind hearted techie that won't jack off to my tears of frustration please feel free to toss me ideas. Thanks

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Gotcha , just was thrown off a little on the dates , with the Japan time difference and P3 testers getting in on 16th I thought it might be close to updating time , I'm guessing then sometime tomorrow if its a full 24 hours before opening ?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol had this e-mail about 15 minutes ago: I think they got their days backwards :p

The final beta test will kick off on Monday 16 August 2013 at 9:00 GMT and last until Friday 19 August 2013 at 9:00 GMT.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Here's a fixit specifically for MSI package problems (couldn't hurt to try .

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971187
Nada. What is werid is that the damn thing for the Logitech CD is it shows a file created in that location in the screen shot above but as soon as it starts to try and install I get that error. Sorry for gaying up the thread but I'm scared I'll miss the race to 20! (Might just try a system restore)

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Apparently PS3 EU folks are downloading now , and NA PS3 may start before PC , not that it's a big deal , wonder if it's harder to data mine the PS3 data :p

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Never install software like that from a CD.

Try this:http://www.logitech.com/en-us/suppor...osid=14&bit=64- pick the right OS for the right file.
I get the same error type when using your link as I do the Microsoft silver light download, "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable"

Fuck this crap. And when I go to do a system restore the only dates shown are today even when I click show more dates....

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Ah , assumed it was to split the load up , didnt really think anyone would actually be upset by it if they did that so assumed was happening and was factual.

I forgot just how idiotic some of the mmo world is , where being able to download a client earlier than another group , even if servers were not going to be open , is something that actually upsets folks.