Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
From what I have read USB keyboards work. The only thing I am not sure of is if you can set macros / action bars to hot keys on the keyboard.
That's ok, I'm mostly interested in being able to communicate with others. I don't mind using a controller to actually play.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Having difficulty finalizing my character, specifically hairstyle and face paint options.

ramp

Silver Knight of the Realm
Jesus fucking christ...I absolutely loathe their fucking account management system.
Just be glad that it's not play-online anymore. It was about 100 times worse
wink.png

But you're right, even the current system is overly cumbersome.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
After playonline anything is good.. Literally. I would rather take a dump insert my credit card into the log and mail it to a company than use playonline again

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Jesus fucking christ...I absolutely loathe their fucking account management system.
Seriously. I'm really just ready for Saturday to get here just so I can figure out what the fuck I'm doing. I have a GMG code, but I can't do shit with it. I don't know if I'm in beta already (I don't think I am, I think they open new beta registration when they start open beta), I can't register the game. They're in a complete blackout as far as actually giving players information too. It's pretty frustrating.

They also haven't opened up the client download even though it's the 15th now. Not sure what's up with that.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Is the rerolled guild going to be available to everyone or only the more progressive-minded players? I generally suck at games and have a family which does not allow for any real poopsockery, but I'd love to be in the rerolled guild at the very least so if I make jokes about retarded people or fatties in rascals at Wal-mart, I know I'm among my own.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Is the rerolled guild going to be available to everyone or only the more progressive-minded players? I generally suck at games and have a family which does not allow for any real poopsockery, but I'd love to be in the rerolled guild at the very least so if I make jokes about retarded people or fatties in rascals at Wal-mart, I know I'm among my own.
Open to everyone

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
We can hang out. If you see random characters pop up on the screen, it's my 2 year old. If you see frothing self-loathing and constant self-deprecation it might be me or it might be my wife.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I can't get any fucking help with my account from support what-so-ever. I pre-ordered a physical CE for PC in June off the SE Store online, never got any sort of confirmation e-mail, nothing. I guess recently they merged some of their websites or something? And now the account I used to pre-order has gotten lost in that merger because it didn't link to my se account properly. I manage to pull up my order through that findmyorder website as I guess there's no other way to view my placed orders. I have a serial number on there for the pre-order bonus package. Is that the code to get into early access that is able to be used yet? This shit is either super fucking confusing or I'm just a goddamn idiot. I tried sending in a ticket, just to have them tell me I needed to use another website for support, which just sent me to the same exact ticket system I used initially. What a goddamn pain in the ass.

Myst

Peasant
Seriously. I'm really just ready for Saturday to get here just so I can figure out what the fuck I'm doing. I have a GMG code, but I can't do shit with it. I don't know if I'm in beta already (I don't think I am, I think they open new beta registration when they start open beta), I can't register the game. They're in a complete blackout as far as actually giving players information too. It's pretty frustrating.

They also haven't opened up the client download even though it's the 15th now. Not sure what's up with that.
Here let me clear up a few things for you:

- Pre-order codes will be available to enter next week (20th of August). This will give you early access.
- Only those who are Legacy or have been in the P3 of beta will be able to start playing this Friday 5AM EST. (Open beta)
- Anyone else, even those who pre-ordered, can start playing this Saturday 5AM EST (register for open beta like anyone else).

They have a site where you can enter your email address, and they will email you with instructions once the codes are available to be entered. Seems people are confusing the Open beta with the actual launch of the game.http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com

And i seriously think they will be losing potential customers due to such an atrocious system.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
so i got an email for the final beta test invite (finally) for the PS3 and i tried last night to DL the client using the prmo code it gave me and it tells me that it's invalid. I'm just curious if this is the case till the final beta starts, meaning do i have to wait till tomorrow to even just DL the client on my PS3?

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
We can hang out. If you see random characters pop up on the screen, it's my 2 year old. If you see frothing self-loathing and constant self-deprecation it might be me or it might be my wife.
Sounds like fun. My five-month-old has recently learned the joys of banging on the keyboard at inopportune times. So when I wipe the dungeon group because i jumped into the boss...it's probably not me. Probably.