Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
We have removed the bounty monsters from the hunting logs based on your feedback. As for the monsters that appear in the instanced dungeons, we have removed them from the standard hunting log and also added some of them to the grand company section category.
Fromhttp://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Tes...ck-Status-Listposted this morning. Some interesting stuff in there, as well as some "wow, that's some retarded shit people are wasting the devs time with" head-scratchers.

Personally I'm fine with getting rid of bounties because I don't want to waste even a single one on my main class. The dungeon change is ok too I guess. I don't have a problem with it on my CNJ because I grind xp in dungeons, but I know that I would never complete most of them on my subclass hunting logs because there's no way I'm doing dungeons as THM/ACN too. Moving them to GC logs means you only ever have to complete them once, and that's fine.

sticktastic_sl

shitlord
I was in closed beta and when I try to run the patcher i get a "Unable to Complete Version Check." message. Is there a link to a different client for open beta?

Devnull_sl

shitlord
Q: Make it possible to enter solo instanced quest battles even when you are still in a party.
A: We believe one of the biggest reasons that players are requesting this is because of the difficulty of the quests. We have adjusted the difficulty of the quests in Phase 4.
Wow, so they nerf some of the only content in the game that is barely challenging. Because they think that players are asking to be able to party up because it's too hard. Not because, you know, it's supposed to be a MMO.

Sythrak_sl

shitlord
It's not even about grouping up in the instances. People just don't want to have to disband and reinvite lol.

You also get some sort of buff now if you fail a battle multiple times...

Devnull_sl

shitlord
People just don't want to have to disband and reinvite lol.
Yeah, this. I liked having relatively difficult solo "can you play your class?" challenges. Just was a pain in the ass disbanding/reinviting constantly if you're leveling in a group. These developers are like a Chinese room trying to create an MMO. The video where they spent about 15 minutes explaining what Duty Finder is and how it works in excruciating detail pretty much blew my mind.

Vorph

Yeah, they did misunderstand a few of the requests people made.

Personally I think you should be able to do everything as a group if you want to though, and it should just scale accordingly. Soloing is fine and expected, but solo-ONLY content that is required to progress can fuck right off in a game which doesn't follow the modern 'every class is dps' MMO model.

Devnull_sl

shitlord
A few solo how2play checks aren't really a bad thing as long as they are tied to your class progression. They are role specific and not just dps challenges. For example, the gladiator ones usually require you to hold aggro on multiple mobs so that they don't kill a healer npc.

Vorph

Class quests are fine, I was only referring to the story quests. Those are the ones that have [supposedly] been made easier.

Pretty sure "unable to complete version check" means you're trying to patch the p3 client instead of uninstalling it and downloading the p4 client fresh.

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
Sounds like you have a phase 3 client or something Fenz. It's working fine for me - installed and updated.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think I'm going to spend the rest of the day messing around with character creation making me doubt my current choice.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I saw a ton of Archers stuck or asking for groups on our level 15 one where you clearly get handed a cure for poison. It wasn't hard but people just weren't using the cure potions.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Archer. Sterling Archer. Codename Duchess. World's greatest secret agent
smile.png