Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think they said they're making a new system to handle all that shit together in one nifty place instead of the mess it currently is, not sure when though. I still have to figure out which of my square enix account is the right one to apply my preorder code to it but have to wait until tomorrow till I figured which one it was that was in P3.

As a side note, holy fuck their downloader is fast, I expected the shit to be slow as fuck due to overload since they decided they'd be assholes and only open downloads one day before the beta, but I've been speed capped the whole time and done downloading in about 40mins.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I think they said they're making a new system to handle all that shit together in one nifty place instead of the mess it currently is, not sure when though. I still have to figure out which of my square enix account is the right one to apply my preorder code to it but have to wait until tomorrow till I figured which one it was that was in P3.

As a side note, holy fuck their downloader is fast, I expected the shit to be slow as fuck due to overload since they decided they'd be assholes and only open downloads one day before the beta, but I've been speed capped the whole time and done downloading in about 40mins.
Must be because bandwidth is cheap in Japan!

bho

Bronze Knight of the Realm
wheres the link to where i put my GMG preorder code in? Tried the NA website...looks like the account interface just changed dramatically? no idea whats going on

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
the changes look impressive on paper. particularly the hud/ui updates.

if anyone can shed light on the cross hotbar slot name functionality and how that works i would appreciate it.

i can see the party chat sound effect macros being abused, hope there's a way to turn that off.

a few things that made me lol:

new weathers have been added.

/fishinglog, /flog

/lookingtomeld, /ltm

also /visor and /groundclick ftw.

Fratley_sl

shitlord
Which classes does ISIS need the most? Would I be safe going for Conjurer or Arcanist? The last decade and a half indicates that: yes, yes I would.

Edit: Nevermind, I learned to read and found the forum guild signup sheet. Only two scholars so I'll go ahead and bite on that. Make way for Babytown Frolics, scholar.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
wheres the link to where i put my GMG preorder code in? Tried the NA website...looks like the account interface just changed dramatically? no idea whats going on
Preorder code website isn't up yet, it'll be up on the 20th. For now there's nothing to do, other than trying to figure which account to apply it to for when the website goes up. You'll get a mail or whatever, probably will be posted here then too.

Myst

Peasant
Read the last two-three pages. Should have all the info you need.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
ACN->SCH is definitely the least represented class/job on the spreadsheet. I assume some people signed up as WHM will do the same thing I'm doing though; level up WHM first because of the retarded design of ACN where you go 30 levels as a debuffer class before finally getting to be a healer (and based on their spells, not a particularly good one until much closer to the level cap). I intend to powerlevel ACN to 50 as quickly as possible and have both healing classes available based on group/encounter needs.

if anyone can shed light on the cross hotbar slot name functionality and how that works i would appreciate it.
Not entirely sure what you're asking for, but for example:

/chotbar set "Stone II" 1 RAR

would put Stone II on RT+O on crosshotbar #1. First letter is R or L for the trigger, second is D for d-pad or A for action buttons, third is Up/Down/Left/Right for the direction. Not really all that useful imo. The only thing I expect to use out of the new slash commands is the one that lets you share a hotbar across multiple classes; I'll keep all my chocobo shit on a shared bar so I don't have to keep setting it up over and over.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
how do i do the thing
136293923877c36d_l.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm not sure if you mean my jimmies are rustled, as they are not. But some may be rustled ever so softly among us.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
ACN->SCH is definitely the least represented class/job on the spreadsheet. I assume some people signed up as WHM will do the same thing I'm doing though; level up WHM first because of the retarded design of ACN where you go 30 levels as a debuffer class before finally getting to be a healer (and based on their spells, not a particularly good one until much closer to the level cap). I intend to powerlevel ACN to 50 as quickly as possible and have both healing classes available based on group/encounter needs.

Not entirely sure what you're asking for, but for example:

/chotbar set "Stone II" 1 RAR

would put Stone II on RT+O on crosshotbar #1. First letter is R or L for the trigger, second is D for d-pad or A for action buttons, third is Up/Down/Left/Right for the direction. Not really all that useful imo. The only thing I expect to use out of the new slash commands is the one that lets you share a hotbar across multiple classes; I'll keep all my chocobo shit on a shared bar so I don't have to keep setting it up over and over.
Ugh I reformatted my computer between last beta phase and this one and think I lost my SS of the crossbar setup. Back to the drawing board~

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Updated the client and now downloading. Also I am in the open beta already, and this is with a new account. (Not playing mind you, but accepted the open beta user agreement)

So it appears open beta is automatic.

Edit: Why the hell is this thing insisting on downloading to my C Drive (SSD) instead of my F Drive which I have designated???

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ugh I reformatted my computer between last beta phase and this one and think I lost my SS of the crossbar setup. Back to the drawing board~
I'm just happy that you can now remap the gamepad controls, and that Mumble allows the use of gamepad buttons for push-to-talk. I never used autorun with the pad anyway, so giving up L1 for PTT should be fine.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
I was half-hoping that we'd see the datamining put online by someone by now, but nope.
frown.png
I wanted to see if the numbers changed any from the benchmark datamine.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I was half-hoping that we'd see the datamining put online by someone by now, but nope.
frown.png
I wanted to see if the numbers changed any from the benchmark datamine.
Since they got letters about NDA breaking and shit for the benchmark datamining, I guess they'll wait until the servers are up to post the datamined info from the new client. Also the guy said he was double checking to see if they changed values adresses or whatever the fuck, in case they were being sneaky, and also comparing to benchmark changes.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
So I snaged the downloader from the reddit info thread and it keeps hanging at I need a code to download the game. I haven't purchased yet, was wondering what's the trick to get the dl to operate and if I just missed the actually beta client or something for the open beta. I haven't played in any of them - I do have a Square Enix account so its nothing like that, I just couldn't find anything about opting in, I accepted the agreement. The file name from reddit was. ffxivsetup.exe

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
So I snaged the downloader from the reddit info thread and it keeps hanging at I need a code to download the game. I haven't purchased yet, was wondering what's the trick to get the dl to operate and if I just missed the actually beta client or something for the open beta. I haven't played in any of them - I do have a Square Enix account so its nothing like that, I just couldn't find anything about opting in, I accepted the agreement. The file name from reddit was. ffxivsetup.exe
Were you in any of the prior betas/Legacy account status, etc. etc.? Or are you coming in fresh? If it's the latter, that could be why.