Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Fratley_sl

shitlord
Is it just me or is it a good idea to level a Pug to 12 first no matter what your actual class is just for Second Wind (15% personal heal on 120s CD) and Internal Release (20% crit for 20s on 80s CD)? Internal Release seems especially good.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it just me or is it a good idea to level a Pug to 12 first no matter what your actual class is just for Second Wind (15% personal heal on 120s CD) and Internal Release (20% crit for 20s on 80s CD)? Internal Release seems especially good.
Nice to 30, but iirc once you choose and use your job @ 30, only the jobs that allow pug abilities can still use them while the job soul is on. At least I think it works like that.

Fratley_sl

shitlord
Nice to 30, but iirc once you choose and use your job @ 30, only the jobs that allow pug abilities can still use them while the job soul is on. At least I think it works like that.
Interesting. I read that you get reduced to 5 open slots once you select a job. I didn't know there were additional restrictions.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Wish I had started the d/l before I left for work, totally spaced it out. Hopefully will be done before 2am, I get off at 5pm. Should be plenty of time unless the servers are swamped.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Interesting. I read that you get reduced to 5 open slots once you select a job. I didn't know there were additional restrictions.
It's reduced to 5 and can only be one of your sub classes for that job (i.e. Monk can only slot Pug and Lancer abilities) iirc.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I dunno maybe I'm wrong. I thought that if you don't have a job soul on, you can use any ability that you have the class level requirement for up to a certain number, which the amount you can use, are unlocked as you level up. But if you put on a job soul on, you are limited to that jobs abilities and 2 other classes related to that job.

Wish I had started the d/l before I left for work, totally spaced it out. Hopefully will be done before 2am, I get off at 5pm. Should be plenty of time unless the servers are swamped.
Should have no issue, their patcher is amazing. Only 40 minutes to download the whole thing.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You can only pull abilities from 2 other classes, one is the sub needed to level the job, other is arbitrary, full list will be up when the P4 is running since atm they're a bit outdated. Still good for leveling lower level stuff though and potentially good even up to 40ish since job abilities are only acquired every 5levels so lvl 30 job isn't necessarily that good vs cross classing all the cooldowns, depends on the job obviously. If you're soloing what's definitely worth it is getting CNJ to lvl 2 to grab the heal, cuts downtime by a good amount at lower lvls(it scales like shit however).

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I got 6.5mb/sec throughout the entire DL on the patch. That's already an improvement of epic proportions compared to the patch abortion that was FFXI and even the original FFXIV.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
You can only pull abilities from 2 other classes, one is the sub needed to level the job, other is arbitrary, full list will be up when the P4 is running since atm they're a bit outdated. Still good for leveling lower level stuff though and potentially good even up to 40ish since job abilities are only acquired every 5levels so lvl 30 job isn't necessarily that good vs cross classing all the cooldowns, depends on the job obviously. If you're soloing what's definitely worth it is getting CNJ to lvl 2 to grab the heal, cuts downtime by a good amount at lower lvls(it scales like shit however).
Outdated one for those curious.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...any=true&pli=1

Slacker242

Lord Nagafen Raider
Has someone figured out all the job class prerequisites for P4? I know they are changing them from P3 and prior. Like Black Mage is no longer THM and PGL. Have all the new job requirements been confirmed anywhere or do we have to wait and see?

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think it is wait and see. I have not been able to find any confirmed info on the job prerequisites.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Has someone figured out all the job class prerequisites for P4? I know they are changing them from P3 and prior. Like Black Mage is no longer THM and PGL. Have all the new job requirements been confirmed anywhere or do we have to wait and see?
I imagine we'll get something from our datamining (and/or Legacy) friends tomorrow morning/tonight (depending where you are).

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
My apologies if this has been answered before but I couldn't find any concrete information on it, does the pre-order purchase include any game time?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Teikoku means empire I believe so sounds more like something to do with the Garland Empire stuff, those magitek badasses. Could be music made in advance or could be for like the lvl 50 story quest or some shit, guess we'll see.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Whatever it is, it's fucking amazing. Going to buy a copy of this OST at Tokyo game show this year for sure.

There's a Teikoku_Gaius which is the name of one of the Empire badasses so I think you're right