Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Fratley_sl

shitlord
Are those on Marl still doing the ISIS thing? That is all I really care about, since I will probably only last a month or two anyway before remembering I have a fiancee. Avoiding Reddit fags would just be an added bonus.

Fenz

Silver Knight of the Realm
So how is arcanist? OP or shit? Is the pet AI/pathfinding decent?
Pet does a ranged attack and a pushback attack when mobs get close (9 sec cd). No pathing issues so far. They get their own petbar but you can place the petcommands on your normal bars too. Didn't play many other classes so no idea if he is OP but I like petclasses so will stick with him.

Parallel45

Silver Knight of the Realm
Pet does a ranged attack and a pushback attack when mobs get close (9 sec cd). No pathing issues so far. They get their own petbar but you can place the petcommands on your normal bars too. Didn't play many other classes so no idea if he is OP but I like petclasses so will stick with him.
Thanks for the info. Isn't arcanist supposed to be a healing class as well? How is their healing?

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
rrr_img_40530.jpg

Meko

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Will the current beta client update to the new one or do I need to do a full uninstall/download/install? I have a legacy account, if that matters.

Vasconcellos_sl

shitlord
Will the current beta client update to the new one or do I need to do a full uninstall/download/install? I have a legacy account, if that matters.
Previous beta client wouldnt update, just installed using the link in the invitation email, took maybe half an hour to d/l.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I did not update my windows fully apparently, so I was getting a weird CGI cutscene glitch where the top half of the video was all black but I could see the bottom half just fine. Amusing but I'm actually updating now that I got disconnected while zoning.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Any confirmation yet on what classes are for sure needed for each job?
From Vorph:

BRD = ARC + CNJ + LNC
BLM = THM + ACN + ARC
DRG = LNC + MRD + PUG
MNK = PUG + LNC + MRD
PLD = GLD + CNJ + MRD
SCH/SUM = ACN + CNJ + THM
WAR = MRD + PUG + GLD
WHM = CNJ + ACN + THM

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
From the mysterious interwebz:

Paladin, requires Gladiator level 30 and Conjurer level 15. Can use Marauder and Conjurer abilities.

Dragoon, requires Lancer level 30 and Pugilist level 15. Can use Pugilist and Archer abilities.

Monk, requires Pugilist level 30 and Lancer level 15. Can use Lancer and Archer abilities.

Bard, requires Archer level 30 and Conjurer level 15. Can use Conjurer and Thaumaturge abilities.

Warrior, requires Marauder level 30 and Gladiator level 15. Can use Gladiator and Pugilist abilities.

White Mage, requires Conjurer level 30 and Gladiator level 15. Can use Gladiator and Pugilist abilities.

Black Mage, requires Thaumaturge level 30 and Pugilist level 15. Can use Pugilist and Archer abilities.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
No shit, smartass. But subclasses for some jobs have changed. Like Whm no longer has gladiator as a subclass, only Thm and Arc. So I'm trying to find out if anyone knows if it is still gladiator you need at 15 to unlock Whm. And Vorph's list is just for the subclasses that the jobs can use skills from, not the requirements for the job. Each job needs one class at 30 and another at 15, not two at 15.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
No shit, smartass. But subclasses for some jobs have changed. Like Whm no longer has gladiator as a subclass, only Thm and Arc. So I'm trying to find out if anyone knows if it is still gladiator you need at 15 to unlock Whm. And Vorph's list is just for the subclasses that the jobs can use skills from, not the requirements for the job. Each job needs one class at 30 and another at 15, not two at 15.
I know man, it's like google doesn't exist...