Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
Sounds like about half the servers just dropped.

If it's gunna crash, may as well do it now for dinner.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was almost 19, although I did get Conjurer and Archer to 4 at least. Going to try to push through and get at least some Sastasha gear (I am notoriously bad at rolls)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
What should be objectives for this weekend btw?

I'm aiming for Dragoon...got Lancer almost to 19, I think I need pugilist to 15 too...but once that is done. Is there anything specific to work on...other classes that might be good to level up if I am gonna be a dragoon?

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Anyone else still waiting on Gilg to become available again? If this is gonna take hours I might just try again tomorow.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm waiting... considering just rolling elsewhere though, I'd like to be able to play tonight... refreshed a few times now, still locked.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are open beta characters carrying over to live? I seem to remember reading that somewhere.

Stave

Potato del Grande
I've been refreshing about every 15 minutes all day trying to get into Gilgamesh. Still no luck... /sigh.

Needless

Toe Sucker
do you get access to this if you owned the original game? I just logged into my account for the first time in uh.. a year and a half+? and it doesnt seem to have my FF14 CE attached to it anymore..

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
So a heads up. My account wasn't flagged for any beta whatosever, but I put in the email notification for my pre-order night before last. It let me download and register for the beta, then also let me start playing. So! For the people without beta accounts but they have pre-orders, odds are you can play (when the servers are apparently up and unlocked) today instead of tomorrow.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So a heads up. My account wasn't flagged for any beta whatosever, but I put in the email notification for my pre-order night before last. It let me download and register for the beta, then also let me start playing. So! For the people without beta accounts but they have pre-orders, odds are you can play (when the servers are apparently up and unlocked) today instead of tomorrow.
When you say e-mail notification, you have a link to that? I pre-ordered 2 weeks ago, and can't recall doing that.... Would love to tuck into some leveling tonight!

Needless

Toe Sucker
scratch that, looks like i do get access and if im not mistaken a free copy of the game for having bought the original?

Stave

Potato del Grande
Yeah just finally got in Gilga. If you get an error about cannot create any more characters error 3035, dont do like I did and sit there retrying, exit client and remake char and you can get right in.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
When you say e-mail notification, you have a link to that? I pre-ordered 2 weeks ago, and can't recall doing that.... Would love to tuck into some leveling tonight!
http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/us

My email is attached to my account, so it may be because of that. Not sure, only that this account wasn't in P3 beta and I didn't get any notifications about P4, and I definitely logged into create a character around noon pst today.

I clicked a link to check out the beta forums from here I believe reguarding the patch notes, and it let me read them as well as download the client from the server. Now, I did apply for beta on the account in question, but I never got in. Granted, I did have an ffxi account attached to the email in question, so it could also have to do with that or something. That is all the information about it that I have for ya.

Devnull_sl

shitlord
Can the servers even have a queue? I haven't seen one yet. Or are they just limiting player concurrency through locking the character creation?
Edit: Pissed someone off. Whoops.