Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
What. the. fuck? Two day beta test? Wasn't it supposed to be two weeks.

So is there any way I can play now, including buying the game?
Nope. If you haven't bought the game yet you will have to wait for the 27th. If you pre-ordered you can start playing on the 24th. None of us can play until then.

Open Beta was 3 days and 6 hours.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Game isn't live yet. Early access is the 24th but you can't even register for that now with a pre-order since pre-order registration is down.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I don't think you made a single truthful statement in this entire post!

I'd check your internet for #1 I had spells immediately cancelling and def had instants going off instantly.

UI is one of the better ones around and is totally changeable. Only negative is they don't say how to resize the huds (when selected hit ctrl-home)

Except the giant green check mark on the zone and giant red circles or icons on were to go???

Hunters log is not incorrect it's just mobs can be found in multiple zones. So it recommends on area doesn't mean you can't find them in other locals as well. It's a HUNTERS log not a give me exact location of this mob on all maps log.

Teleport system is fine they're named after the town they link too. I'll give you Aethernet in towns needs cleaning up there a little different in each town but for most part are named after guild it's near.

Party ui works great... Multiple ways to see threat and health as well as there are health bars over each player in game world.
Really? No truth at all?
I had that global cooldown on every ability shit for archer constantly. There's a 2.5 second GCD, but there's also a smaller internal cooldown for all abilities. I couldn't execute Venomous Bite and then immediately hit Bloodletter, and I ran into that constantly. I'd run into not being able to stack "instants" as well: hit heavy shot, wait then hit bloodletter, wait then hit Misery's End, but I should be able to fire those off as fast as I could hit my keys (but couldn't).

As far as Sutekh's/your other points, whatever. But don't brush off the whole fucking post with "nothing truthful, derp!".

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Unless I missed something, of course you can't hit instant abilities as fast as your fingers can hit the keys, hello 2.5 GCD you mentioned the sentence before. Why after hitting a instant ability you will do nothing while waiting for the gcd.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Unless I missed something, of course you can't hit instant abilities as fast as your fingers can hit the keys, hello 2.5 GCD you mentioned the sentence before. Why after hitting a instant ability you will do nothing while waiting for the gcd.
There's abilities off the GCD, however you still need to wait for the animations for them so there's a disconnect between what the UI shows(you can cast) and what you can actually do.

To take a concrete example, Arcanists have an off the GCD nuke called Energy Drain. Now in wow for example, that'd mean you could cast Ruin(normal 2.5sec cast nuke), then right as it finishes, Drain instantly and start casting another Ruin right after. However it's not the case, instead it'll prevent you from casting ruin for like a second while the animation of Energy Drain plays. However on the other hand, say you cast Bio instead of Ruin. Bio is an instant cast dot but it's on the GCD, so you instant cast it then you sit there doing nothing for 2.5secs due to GCD. Well you can Energy Drain during that time, and it won't waste any time, at least most of the time(sometimes it seems it won't fire right away). It's kinda weird.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Really? No truth at all?
I had that global cooldown on every ability shit for archer constantly. There's a 2.5 second GCD, but there's also a smaller internal cooldown for all abilities. I couldn't execute Venomous Bite and then immediately hit Bloodletter, and I ran into that constantly. I'd run into not being able to stack "instants" as well: hit heavy shot, wait then hit bloodletter, wait then hit Misery's End, but I should be able to fire those off as fast as I could hit my keys (but couldn't).

As far as Sutekh's/your other points, whatever. But don't brush off the whole fucking post with "nothing truthful, derp!".
The fanboy is strong with that one.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
You missed that part where the abilities I was talking about aren't on the GCD I mentioned in the sentence before. Obviously you didn't play archer (which is why I listed those specific abilities).

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
/\/\ I played Archer so I can attest.

So...

I just opened my account to check to see if my early access code was still applied. That registration has now vanished and I can no longer input the data. Also, my account now is mysteriously a European account - (What the fuck?) and the registered early access code is no longer on either.

I'll tell you this much. I will be giving it a shot if this is all ironed out by Saturday for early access, but if I am jumping through hoops and 3102 errors, this company can kiss my ass. No matter how much good will they bought by saying they have made progress. The game is another mediocre wow clone that I was willing to give a month too, but if they cannot get any of this shit straight, I'll just cancel my preorder.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
There are abilities that are "off" of the GCD. But they're not useable immediately- you have to wait for the previous GCD-locked ability's animation to finish. You end up having to spam the hell out of buttons because you need to make sure you hit the non-gcd button as soon as the GCD ability comes off animation or else the non-gcd button will animation-lock your next GCD ability. A short ability-queue would solve a lot of the problems of it feeling messy.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
There are abilities that are "off" of the GCD. But they're not useable immediately- you have to wait for the previous GCD-locked ability's animation to finish. You end up having to spam the hell out of buttons because you need to make sure you hit the non-gcd button as soon as the GCD ability comes off animation or else the non-gcd button will animation-lock your next GCD ability. A short ability-queue would solve a lot of the problems of it feeling messy.
Or, having some of these folks quit locking animations to GCD. This ruined SWTOR for months.

Killjoy_sl

shitlord
There's abilities off the GCD, however you still need to wait for the animations for them so there's a disconnect between what the UI shows(you can cast) and what you can actually do.
I noticed this a lot on my Marauder when I would have spam the button for one of my defensive buffs if I tried to use it right after an attack. Never realized that the animations were preventing me from using another skill.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Finally got my RAAE... EU region specific code. Took me a million tries to get through to it.

Plus side of this boondoggle is that if you took several sessions to try to enter the code, you now have a 20ish character secure string memorized for future password use!

Hooray!

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
It's shitty because not all ability-animations are the same length, and I don't honestly see where those are listed anywhere. So in order to keep all of the GCD locked abilities constantly running, I can't use my instants unless it won't go through that time frame. If the heavy animation is .8 seconds, bloodletter is .8 second, and Misery's end is 1.2 seconds, then I'm past the GCD. So I end up having to do heavy shot, wait, bloodletter, wait, heavy shot, wait, misery's end.

Somehow instant isn't really instant.

Or, having some of these folks quit locking animations to GCD. This ruined SWTOR for months.
This, exactly. I love the animations, but if I want to clip them, then let me fucking clip them for gameplay reasons.

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's shitty because not all ability-animations are the same length, and I don't honestly see where those are listed anywhere. So in order to keep all of the GCD locked abilities constantly running, I can't use my instants unless it won't go through that time frame. If the heavy animation is .8 seconds, bloodletter is .8 second, and Misery's end is 1.2 seconds, then I'm past the GCD. So I end up having to do heavy shot, wait, bloodletter, wait, heavy shot, wait, misery's end.

Somehow instant isn't really instant.
This is my largest issue with the gameplay at the moment. I tried to explain to some FF fanboys/anime retards how much the "instant" weaving is going to suck end game if they dont fix it and of course they don't get it because they don't have the same experience with this bullshit. You'll have to use a GCD skill, then an "instant." then a GCD skill, as your rotation. It's going to fucking suck.

edit:

I think they've finally fixed their page, I got my key registered first time just now
Holy shit thanks man. I just got all the way through from Error 3 to complete registration.