Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Slacker242

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks for pre-ordering FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn!

Your pre-order code has been redeemed successfully.
Here is your early access code for the Windows PC version of the game:

Blah Blah

Guess what? I registered an EU code so I am one of the people with the problem. Oh well. Hope they fix it because I can't register for early access until they do because I am NA.

bho

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Is there a list anywhere of good FATE grinding spots by level? I have several 20s from p4 but I never really grinded FATES hard...though everyone says they are some of the best XP out there. Would be good to have a list for 20-50 of the good spots so we dont waste any time.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you are an NA account and received an EU code, simply re-enter your 18-digit code at the preorder site again to receive the proper 20-digit RAAU code.

You can successfully apply the code without region issues now.

I went to thehttp://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/uslink to enter my code
after finally getting through the GMG code entry the response page washttp://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.c...%20XXXX%20XXXX
which they said to enter inhttp://entry.ffxiv.com/pre-order_code/na

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Finally got my RAAE... EU region specific code. Took me a million tries to get through to it.

Plus side of this boondoggle is that if you took several sessions to try to enter the code, you now have a 20ish character secure string memorized for future password use!

Hooray!
Haha. Yeah, I definitely memorized my 18 digit password.

I think they've finally fixed their page, I got my key registered first time just now
Did you get an RAAE or RAAU code though? That's the part I'm worried about. I'm not super concerned about the error 1's and 3's right now. That just requires brute forcing your way through. But it's pointless to get through that if you have the wrong region code still. Because overall, the only code that matters right now is the 20 digit one. The 18 is only used to get the 20 digit code.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you previously received an RAAE code, you can resubmit to receive an RAAU one. Works fine after that.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is my largest issue with the gameplay at the moment. I tried to explain to some FF fanboys/anime retards how much the "instant" weaving is going to suck end game if they dont fix it and of course they don't get it because they don't have the same experience with this bullshit. You'll have to use a GCD skill, then an "instant." then a GCD skill, as your rotation. It's going to fucking suck.
As a CNJ I use more off-the-GCD 'instants' than anyone else, and I really don't see why people find this to be such a big deal. Cleric Stance animation delays my Cure/Stone by literally about a tenth of a second, and Internal Release maybe a tiny bit longer than that. I flip in and out of Cleric Stance every 8-10 seconds on average, so if anyone was going to be annoyed with how it works I think it would be CNJ players.

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
As a CNJ I use more off-the-GCD 'instants' than anyone else, and I really don't see why people find this to be such a big deal. Cleric Stance animation delays my Cure/Stone by literally about a tenth of a second, and Internal Release maybe a tiny bit longer than that. I flip in and out of Cleric Stance every 8-10 seconds on average, so if anyone was going to be annoyed with how it works I think it would be CNJ players.
At lv35 in the beta on a marauder I was using internal release, raging strikes, bloodbath, berserk, etc all the time and it got really annoying on any big fate fight like Cancer or the giant rock because you have 7 "instant" skills to use as part of your normal rotation along with a couple other defensive instants.

It didn't bother me as much this past weekend but I didn't have as many of those skills.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
i am just getting service unavailable on the pre-order redemption shit. Anyone mind linking the site they entered their 18 dig code and got a 20 digit NA code from?

Naj_sl

shitlord
Well I finally got my 18 digit code to go through, but I received an RAAE (EU?) 20 digit code and my account is a NA account so the system isn't accepting the code it just gave me.

SE's account management system feels like the website embodiment of FFXIV 1.0.