Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
If you read what the other person had explained, they were correct. While the map may show 15-20 names of places, the zone itself is actually only split into possibly 4-5 sub-areas. The mob you are looking for is literally in the section it says it's in, the sections themselves are just way larger. Even though it says another name right above where you are, if you find the monsters and check your map it will actually show you are in the sub-area that the log says.
Also, the in-game help file on Hunting Logs flat out says that the entry in the Log is just a hint, and that the target can be found in more than just that location at times.

So it's not like they weren't up front about the fact that it won't hand-hold you. ;p If you run across it elsewhere, hoorah. Otherwise, check the hint.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I was planning on bard up until I saw a picture of their armor. So, uh, Lancer.

So I was checking my account profile linked from the FF14 website, which apparently is the fake and wrong account profile and isn't actually your billing profie, and I noticed that I was on eu.square-enix.com so I fixed that by clicking the English(uk) at the bottom and changing it to Real English. And in yet another blow to my confidence in SE's competence, my name at the top of the screen changed from Kreugen to Krnagen. Ho-ly twatwaffle.

If this game works on day 1 without a hitch, I'll motorboat a fat gay man's hairy tits.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
I was planning on bard up until I saw a picture of their armor. So, uh, Lancer.

So I was checking my account profile linked from the FF14 website, which apparently is the fake and wrong account profile and isn't actually your billing profie, and I noticed that I was on eu.square-enix.com so I fixed that by clicking the English(uk) at the bottom and changing it to Real English.And in yet another blow to my confidence in SE's competence, my name at the top of the screen changed from Kreugen to Krnagen. Ho-ly twatwaffle.

If this game works on day 1 without a hitch, I'll motorboat a fat gay man's hairy tits.
But did your name turn gold at any point during this process?

If Yes: Lala Paladin for you.
If No: Bard. Suck it up.

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
I guess being lazy about doing the preorder code thing worked out, since I got in without a hitch. The whole process from start to "You are registered, here is the download button" was like 20 seconds.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So can you still pre-order now to get in this weekend and if so does GMG still have it for super cheap?

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
So can you still pre-order now to get in this weekend and if so does GMG still have it for super cheap?
Yeah you can still pre-order. Amazon you get $10 credit (think it ended up being $21ish for me total if you take into account the credit) and you get the codes instantly.

Can't speak for GMG, it's probably a little cheaper but less reliable.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Anyone else get this email?
rrr_img_41184.jpg

Hekotat

Yeah you can still pre-order. Amazon you get $10 credit (think it ended up being $21ish for me total if you take into account the credit) and you get the codes instantly.

Can't speak for GMG, it's probably a little cheaper but less reliable.
You guys convinced me, shit better not suck!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Um, yeah, I'm in as well. Shit better not suck. The last FF game I played was 7 and tactics on playstation.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Anyone else have any experience with buying the game off the PSN Store? I haven't got any codes yet and my account services says i have early access. Is it like DCUO where you don't even make an account or is it done entirely in game?

Angry Amadeus_sl

shitlord
Facepalm.

From the first step (entering the promo code from Amazon):

(Also from the NA login site...)

Congratulations! Your pre-order code has been redeemed. Here is your Early Access code for the Windows PC version of the game.

And then...

Windows Pre-Order Code Registration
Please enter your Windows pre-order code for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

For pre-order codes on the PlayStation?3, please register through PlayStation?Store.

The code's region is inapplicable.
You can only enter codes from the same region as your Square Enix account.

And finally:

Account settings:

Jesus fuck. Next steps?

Hekotat

My first FF MMO so I have no idea what classes do what, I guess I better do some research.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Without playing the game in open beta, you guys are just buying into it? It has not all been praises, and this is coming from someone that enjoys the game for what it is. The game is fine if you're looking for a slowed down WoW in a final fantasy universe. The high points in the game are the graphics being solid, engine being optimized really well, and the music. The combat is abit bland and I dont see it magically getting better unless they have skillchains/magicburst added in at some point and be powerful enough to merit setting up for them vs just using your best skills.

I believe about half of people saying how much they are looking forward to playing the game and havent felt like that for xxx, will be some of the first to get bored of the game after they get 50 in their respective classes. Not that its going to slow down, but that the glut of content will be accomplished within 2 months of live and the first big content patch will still be a few months from that.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
@AA: What were the first four letters of your EA code? If it's RAAU then hrm. If it's RAAE, then somehow you got an EU key.

Angry Amadeus_sl

shitlord
Without playing the game in open beta, you guys are just buying into it? It has not all been praises, and this is coming from someone that enjoys the game for what it is. The game is fine if you're looking for a slowed down WoW in a final fantasy universe. The high points in the game are the graphics being solid, engine being optimized really well, and the music. The combat is abit bland and I dont see it magically getting better unless they have skillchains/magicburst added in at some point and be powerful enough to merit setting up for them vs just using your best skills.

I believe about half of people saying how much they are looking forward to playing the game and havent felt like that for xxx, will be some of the first to get bored of the game after they get 50 in their respective classes. Not that its going to slow down, but that the glut of content will be accomplished within 2 months of live and the first big content patch will still be a few months from that.
Yeah, I did - can't wait to play. Played the open beta and it was fucking awesome. Worth my $50-75 depending on how long I play. Maybe more.