Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
wow. that video with the dungeons was amazing and varied. The dragon landing was sweet. That so far blows away any recent mmos dungeons it's just silly. Regardless of gameplay shittiness, square definitely knows environment design
Play with us then hooker, fuck poe

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haven't spent a lot of time looking at this game yet but I have always enjoyed the FF job system.

I like this quote:

That won me over, will have to give this game a shot now. Anything but BG's or Arena is fun PvP.. open scale, you just can't beat it.

I also agree about the Bard changes, I love playing a support character over DPS and Bard in DAoC was my favourite class of any game.
You can't trust companies when they say stuff like that, there's not a single company that's delivered on their promise of "A couple months after release we'll add x!"

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone who ordered CE from GMG, I emailed them about the other CE items not included and they said before Saturday we'll get an additional code for the barding etc.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Finally managed to register without error 3.

I want to play right now
frown.png

Saban_sl

shitlord
Do i have to worry about preorder codes if i bought it on PS3? Soon as i start the client i just get a maintenance error.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Was just watching this video and seeing changes that I had no idea about. Really disappointed in the bard changes. I was really hoping for a FFXI support bard, not a range DPS. Now I'm reconsidering what I want to focus on first.
I just watched that too and posted in the other thread. Kind of disappointed, and I'm leaning towards dragoon now instead.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
As a CNJ I use more off-the-GCD 'instants' than anyone else, and I really don't see why people find this to be such a big deal. Cleric Stance animation delays my Cure/Stone by literally about a tenth of a second, and Internal Release maybe a tiny bit longer than that. I flip in and out of Cleric Stance every 8-10 seconds on average, so if anyone was going to be annoyed with how it works I think it would be CNJ players.
You may use more off-GCD abilities, but if they have shorter animations, you wouldn't notice/be-as-bothered. Misery's End is just HORRIBLE for animation length.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I ordered off the GMG site back in like June. It said:

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (NA) - PC $22.50

Then here's the email I got from GMG which points to EU:

Please go here -http://preorder.eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/us- to redeem the pre-order code you received when you purchased the game.

Yesterday I was getting nonstop error 3s.

Earlier today I got through and it generated a RAAE code.

After reading the past few pages I tried to enter the code a few more times and see if it generated a non-RAAE code. It's still giving me EU stuff.

Has anyone that ordered the NA version from GMG successfully generated a NA key? Did anyones email point you to the .na site?

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>

Please go here -http://preorder.eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/us- to redeem the pre-order code you received when you purchased the game.

After reading the past few pages I tried to enter the code a few more times and see if it generated a non-RAAE code. It's still giving me EU stuff.

Has anyone that ordered the NA version from GMG successfully generated a NA key? Did anyones email point you to the .na site?
Did you just just going tohttp://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/and putting in your code there?

Tol_sl

shitlord

The email they sent me was for the EU site, but I usedhttp://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/and entered my GMG code there instead. It worked fine.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Finally got my code(s) in and seems like I'm good to go. While I don't know (and don't really think) I'll be playing for 3 months, I'm probably going to pay for 3 months subscription up front for that ballin lookin' mount. Saturday can't get here soon enough. Just ordered a keg of Shiner for delivery Friday afternoon. Nobody is here to stop me suckers!

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Tried the code and went in first time today and same with second code.....looks like they fixed things.