Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Still don't know what race to roll but ready to get up in 6 hours and get cracking, make up for that lost 3102 time.

jdfording

Trakanon Raider
My computer runs this game so good. Max settings, full screen with SweetFX.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Benchmark (Character Creation)
Tested on:8/23/2013 8:00:42 PM
Score:10808
Average Framerate:96.915
Performance:Extremely High
-Easily capable of running the game on the highest settings.

Screen Size: 1920x1080
Screen Mode: Full Screen
Graphics Presets: Maximum
General
-Enable HDR rendering and improve overall graphic quality. : Enabled
-Disable rendering of objects when not visible. (Occlusion Culling) : Disabled
-Use low-detail models on distant objects. (LOD) : Disabled
-Cache LOD data only when necessary. (LOD Streaming) : Disabled
-Real-time Reflections : High
-Edge Smoothing (Anti-aliasing) : FXAA
-Transparent Lighting Quality : High
-Grass Quality : High
Shadows
-Self : Display
-Other NPCs : Display
Shadow Quality
-Use low-detail models on shadows. (LOD) : Disabled
-Shadow Resolution : High - 2048p
-Shadow Cascading : Best
-Shadow Softening : Strong
Texture Detail
-Texture Filtering : Anisotropic
-Anisotropic Filtering : x16
Movement Physics
-Self : Full
-Other NPCs : Full
Effects
-Naturally darken the edges of the screen. (Limb Darkening) : Enabled
-Blur the graphics around an object in motion. (Radial Blur) : Enabled
-Screen Space Ambient Occlusion : Strong
-Glare : Normal
Cinematic Cutscenes
-Enable depth of field. : Enabled

System:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130708-1532)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
8153.520MB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680(VRAM 4038 MB) 9.18.0013.2680

Benchmark results do not provide any guarantee FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will run on your system.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Websitehttp://na.finalfantasyxiv.com
(C) 2010-2013 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.

Tweet
http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_na#FFXIV Score:10808 1920x1080 Maximum Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680

Fratley_sl

shitlord
I'm second guessing scholar now that my fiancee called me a fag for looking at pictures of them. I may have to go warrior if I want this wedding to happen.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I didn't do any leves last week. I just unlocked them and moved on. I'm wanting to go with goldsmith for my main crafting class. Do I need to go with Ul'dah as my GC in order to get seals from the crafting leves? Or will I be able to somehow use leves from other cities to farm seals on goldsmith?

I really don't like Ul'dah and it'd probably be my last choice for GC of the three.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I might be wrong only GC leves give seals. Crafting/Gathering leves don't give seals. Again I might be wrong, as I didn't do any crafting/gathering in p3 when GCs were attainable, but I remember only getting seals from GC specific leves, which are gotten from GC specific NPCs.

Why seals from fates was so awesome, could use leve allowances for so many other things.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Just installed 120gb ssd - seems pretty sweet so far, good suggestion! Increased FFXIV benchmark by 600 points. Will have to return the one I bought from Amazon impulsively today, but whatevs. Just held a beer pong tournament in my living room, with gangster rap blaring on my stereo and papa johns in my belly. I'm one xvideos.com visit away from being 22 again. Allsome.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did my monthly computer dusting/cleaning. Only bad part living in the desert, I go through cans of air like no tomorrow, since I spray the fans/case once a day and do a thorough cleaning once a month.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I might be wrong only GC leves give seals. Crafting/Gathering leves don't give seals. Again I might be wrong, as I didn't do any crafting/gathering in p3 when GCs were attainable, but I remember only getting seals from GC specific leves, which are gotten from GC specific NPCs.

Why seals from fates was so awesome, could use leve allowances for so many other things.
Don't the GC leves NPC give gathering/crafting leves too? I can't remember because like you I didn't do any crafting in P3. I do remember however that you can get SOME seals from crafting/gathering via the GC menu, they have like requests for specific materials, which are updated every now and then(I'd assume whenever leves are assigned, which I forgot what time it is but iirc it's 2AM 2PM for central europe), like they'll ask you for Yew logs and they trade up to 20logs for 200seals or whatever. The issue with it is the number looked very low and what you can trade was very limited, but it was an easy way to get some seals from gathering/crafting. Might be the only way if the GC leve NPC doesn't have gathering/crafting leves too.

Getting GC seals will be pretty important for leveling crafting/gathering at higher levels though, since you get those buffs that increase your crafting/gathering xp for an hour or whatever, combine this with some rested xp and Free Company bonus if you have it and it should be a lot faster to level those.

Ryanz

<Banned>
So, if you try and log into the client is it suppose to say wrong ID/Password since the game isn't launched yet...or do I have to yet again remedy SE's atrocious account system?

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
My computer runs this game so good. Max settings, full screen with SweetFX.
If i'm not mistaken you are supposed to turn some of that stuff off with SweetFX, such as edge smoothing and HDR. I think Vorph can speak to this better as i might be wrong. (or someone else)

or maybe we can get a breakdown of how best to use SweetFx?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So, if you try and log into the client is it suppose to say wrong ID/Password since the game isn't launched yet...or do I have to yet again remedy SE's atrocious account system?
Na you're supposed to get in, then it has the start button greyed out and it says Wait for early access to start. If you're getting wrong id/pass, then it's another issue. Make sure your login ID is well that, instead of your email.