Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

kudos

<Banned>
This initial set up process is an utter joke. Just bought it off amazon and trying to create an account and get everything set up should not be this frustrating
Sounds like a Final Fantasy MMO to me. Enjoy! Canceling won't be so fun either if it's anything like the previous one.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
If you joined a medium pop server and it died in a few months, you can server transfer.

You can't join the game now and transfer to the server where people are. Unless you want to pug for a fucking month, and even then we don't know that transfers will be fully open.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
The main fuckup they had was handling high pop realms. Using hard locks over long queues is braindamaged. It acts as a multiplier on issues that normally wouldn't be a big deal.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Sounds like a Final Fantasy MMO to me. Enjoy! Canceling won't be so fun either if it's anything like the previous one.
It's not that bad and honestly, I don't know how people are having issues. The large scale issues with the two error codes have been resolved. The server being locked is just typical on a MMO when a large group of friends/guildmates are trying to get on a popular server. It was like this on the last 2-3 MMO's I rolled on. From their perspective they have 3 servers locked and the rest of them are open. Honestly, we made the decision to do this and it is not their fault. We could easily roll on other servers and if we were individuals wanting a home there are plenty available.

Lastly, I don't buy the hate about the longevity of this game. I know, and i'm sure others know, exactly what they are getting into. As I said before, there is nothing revolutionary about this game. It's just a good MMO. Sure, their account system sucks but it's better than PlayOnline and it's not impossible to manage. Also, we are playing on a really crowded server, we or someone decided it, so what, it won't matter in a day or two. Will I be playing after the first month? I have no clue. Do I care? No. I paid $35.00 for a Collector Edition for this game. I can quit and come back anytime and it's far better than any other MMO available at this point in time. (my opinion)

Sorry if you guys are having problems. The support was fine for me. I just simply found out their means of getting people in the game was a bit stupid. I bought a code that gives me another code. Why can't I just buy it and get the code? Essentially there's an extra step.

Hope you guys tough out the issues and the server load. I think the game is worth it. It is everything games over the last 3-5 years have claimed to be but again, we are talking about in the past. This is not a forward looking game in terms of game mechanics. It is just best of the last few years.

See you in game! I am away with wife and kids until Sunday evening so hopefully everything will be settled by then.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
anyone know what would be the root of my whole entire screen to flicker randomly and sometimes consistently ONLY when the sun is out and the screen is bright? (does not happen at night hours in game)

MSI R6850 Cyclone PE/OC Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'm in some kind of weird character limbo, where I can see people joining the guild - my character has <<ISIS>> next to him, but can't read guild chat or /tell anyone in game. Strange deal. Plus I'm stuck with error 90000 in instances - which I think has a lot to do with other guild issues, etc.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I dont agree with the total lockouts either. But that is how its setup and we found that out during the 3 day open beta period. Which goes right back into you should have woke up @ 2A PST to be able to roll on the server, you knew that shit was going to lock up. It sucks for anyone that has casual friends and family, and someone mentioned that earlier in the thread. For those folks I feel bad for. But any one of you supposedly hardcore gamers that are being whiny cunts about server choice can eat a dick. You saw the thread explode about hardlocks over the open beta period and could have arranged your day for it. And if you couldnt because real life, its because real life IS more important, and you made the right choice. If you like the game, and want to join up, either wait it out, or play your dude elsewhere and pay for a transfer later on. The lock bullshit is not going anywhere, and the server choice is almost 2 weeks old at this point, complaining about these things changes nothing and is tiresome already at best.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm in some kind of weird character limbo, where I can see people joining the guild - my character has <<ISIS>> next to him, but can't read guild chat or /tell anyone in game. Strange deal. Plus I'm stuck with error 90000 in instances - which I think has a lot to do with other guild issues, etc.
If you are on the FC list I'll boot you and reinvite.

Superhiro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Game just crashed while I was in town. Now after I enter my password, it gives me the Play button, I click it, the launcher closes but the game doesn't start. Any ideas?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Fyi, DO NOT LOG OUT OF THE GAME. I tried to relog to get out of being stuck at a duty quest and it's going on 20 minutes now of not even being able to see the na/eu server list.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Fyi, DO NOT LOG OUT OF THE GAME. I tried to relog to get out of being stuck at a duty quest and it's going on 20 minutes now of not even being able to see the na/eu server list.
Yeah.. I always sat around somewhere when I had to step away. Sure beats trying to get back into the game. Doesn't rest exp build when in game and you are sitting around (downtime)?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Huh? This time I got kicked just from regular zoning. Won't bring up NA servers again. Did they bring them down without saying anything?

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Great.... the maurader newbie quest "Axe in the stone" broken. My character got stuck trying to do the quest. I forced closed the game, logged back in and now I can't see the server list.

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
Those online seem to be doing their usual stuff just fine. If it works like this morning, there maintenance will follow in like 20 minutes. I think they bring down the login servers first.