Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Needless

Toe Sucker
So... is there a guide somewhere to get from Uldah to the other city? I want to get started on Conj while this shit is buggy

I've been running through level 45-50 zones lol.. kinda scary.

That was fun, I had to run through some mecha area with tons of level 50 shit, then some snow area, then some earth area, then a big ass forest, and finally got to the newb zone

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This initial set up process is an utter joke. Just bought it off amazon and trying to create an account and get everything set up should not be this frustrating

Word

Sigh...

rrr_img_41446.png

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Just registered my NA Early Access code with no problems at all.

I also happen to have an extra for anyone who wants to suck my proverbial e-cock.

Word

Maybe some one here can help me out with what I'm missing.

So I went to preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/ and received my early access code for windows pc. From there, I downloaded the client. Then, when try to log into the client, I need to enter my ID, Password, and one time password. When I go to get a onetime password, it says "You are currently unable to use this service. The service will become available once you have purchased either FINAL FANTASY XI or FINAL FANTASY XIV and registered the accompanying registration code." So I went to the page in my screen shot to register and its not allowing me. Am I in the wrong place to register?

xzi

Mouthbreather
How do the extra points work? If I change classes do they get refunded? Or am I going to one day change to a tank and have a bunch of +mind stat like a fucking idiot?

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Maybe some one here can help me out with what I'm missing.

So I went to preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com/ and received my early access code for windows pc. From there, I downloaded the client. Then, when try to log into the client, I need to enter my ID, Password, and one time password. When I go to get a onetime password, it says "You are currently unable to use this service. The service will become available once you have purchased either FINAL FANTASY XI or FINAL FANTASY XIV and registered the accompanying registration code." So I went to the page in my screen shot to register and its not allowing me. Am I in the wrong place to register?
There is no need to use the onetime password system unless your account is linked to some authentication.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Apparently when i scrolled through the list and picked gilgamesh it decided i had actually picked Lamia, woops.

Cant even make one on gilgamesh now if i wanted to.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
While I expected some issues , what's the deal with the NA-EU datacenter having so many issues and emergency
maint but the JP one doing just fine?

They still underestimate NA-EU load ?

Or is it because they went Canadian on it ?
tongue.png

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
While I expected some issues , what's the deal with the NA-EU datacenter having so many issues and emergency
maint but the JP one doing just fine?

They still underestimate NA-EU load ?

Or is it because they went Canadian on it ?
tongue.png
Non-peak hours in Japan I would guess.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just to remind everyone. Our server choices were gilga, or levi. Both have been locked the most during this whole deal. Levi just slightly less so, and while yes we have 100 people the past has taught us the over half the people that sign up for a board guild, quit. 100 people was not really expected , and I believe our projection was like 60 people tops what with the signup sheet. Could we have gone to a lesser server and been fine for the first month or so? Yeah, but those that might end up taking the game seriously are the ones that get fucked, the majority of those that complain are the ones that didnt want to sacrifice any sleep over a 'game'. And I totally respect that and understand it. But do not fucking whine about it when 100+ of us were able to sign up and be ready. If you already got your battle scars from other games, and you feel you're just to old for that sort of shit, you are. Just roll wherever and casually play for a month and stop whenever you feel like it. It is your time, your money and you can do with it what you will. The vast majority of us are not going to give a shit, just like you didnt give a shit to try to plan ahead and avoid the issue all together.

TL;DR, either poopsock it or go play alone. You'd not have lasted for us to have cared anyways.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I can speak toward GMG and Amazon (I believe)...

1. Once you receive your code from your vendor it will have a site for you to put in your vendor code to receive the second code.
2. **Here's where I became frustrated** If the vendor code site is down it will give you 1 of at least 3-4 generic error messages which all pretty well mean the site is down or overloaded.
3. Once you get your vendor code accepted the site will redirect you to your early access/game code (as well as send you an email).
4. Register your early access/game code to your Square-enix account. There is typically a link on the redirect site (see step 3) and in your email.

You should be ready to go. The problem is the site in step 2. is really misleading if it gives you an error. It lead me to password resets, making me think my code was wrong, etc.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Just to remind everyone. Our server choices were gilga, or levi. Both have been locked the most during this whole deal. Levi just slightly less so, and while yes we have 100 people the past has taught us the over half the people that sign up for a board guild, quit. 100 people was not really expected , and I believe our projection was like 60 people tops what with the signup sheet. Could we have gone to a lesser server and been fine for the first month or so? Yeah, but those that might end up taking the game seriously are the ones that get fucked, the majority of those that complain are the ones that didnt want to sacrifice any sleep over a 'game'. And I totally respect that and understand it. But do not fucking whine about it when 100+ of us were able to sign up and be ready. If you already got your battle scars from other games, and you feel you're just to old for that sort of shit, you are. Just roll wherever and casually play for a month and stop whenever you feel like it. It is your time, your money and you can do with it what you will. The vast majority of us are not going to give a shit, just like you didnt give a shit to try to plan ahead and avoid the issue all together.

TL;DR, either poopsock it or go play alone. You'd not have lasted for us to have cared anyways.
Bullshit. Because there are some of us that played in beta 3 and 4 and after 4 had our characters locked and ready to go on Gilgamesh (I fucking recommended it for Fuck sake) and now I cannot even log in with a new character, in part because my account is completely fucked so I made a new account with a new preorder code. The goal was to drink this weekend and play around with you fuckers on Mumble and the game, if it took, great. If not, who cared, we still had some fun.

There is accessibility destroying MMORPG's, and then there is this horseshit with is flat out ridiculous and inexcusable. And their support is a fucking joke. Oh I also got a reply to my email, saying to contact NA support for my EU account. Ha!