Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

bytes

Molten Core Raider
It's pretty easy to draw the conclusion that "beta with an NDA=shit" if you have some experience with MMOs. WoW did not really have a strict NDA and the game jump-started the whole genre (or killed it maybe). GW2 had no NDA during any of the Beta-Weekends and is just about the only MMO in quite a while that turned out to be decent at least.

Everything in between those two games had a fairly strict NDA and is pretty much awful; a recent example being Defiance which is doing Beta-Weekends like GW2, but with a full force NDA.

So yeah, there are lots of uniformed opinions floating around during most betas, but in most cases a strict NDA means the developer is trying to hide a lackluster game behind curtains until it hits the shelves.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It's pretty easy to draw the conclusion that "beta with an NDA=shit" if you have some experience with MMOs. WoW did not really have a strict NDA and the game jump-started the whole genre (or killed it maybe). GW2 had no NDA during any of the Beta-Weekends and is just about the only MMO in quite a while that turned out to be decent at least.

Everything in between those two games had a fairly strict NDA and is pretty much awful; a recent example being Defiance which is doing Beta-Weekends like GW2, but with a full force NDA.

So yeah, there are lots of uniformed opinions floating around during most betas, but in most cases a strict NDA means the developer is trying to hide a lackluster game behind curtains until it hits the shelves.
I think it's really less sinister and more stupid; games with full NDAs entering any sort of public beta phase clearly aren't ready for beta anyway. Which is not exactly news in the MMO game development world. It's always a 'oh God I hope this shit works, we need to ship soon!' play.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
This is still fairly early beta though, which tends to have a NDA regardless, and their development is messy since they had an entire game but have to rework it system by system. We'll see how long they keep a NDA, but having a NDA months before release isn't really a bad thing nor does it mean much.

ixian_sl

shitlord
NDA is supposed to be lifted with beta phase 3. Judging by the roadmap, everything besides the content finder, level sync, and whatever miscellaneous bug fixes that don't make it til the open beta will be in by then.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm ready to play a monk on my damn PS3. Lets go Yoshida.
PS3 is phase3, so not before like may or some shit. Phase2 is apparently only a few additions and gamepad PC support(gamepad interface, mapping and whatever else).

Flake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Call me retarded, but have they opened up any more classes yet? Or are you still stuck as a lancer, archer and something else?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm sure hoping they are porting this to PS4 too. This is going to come out at the end of the PS3's main life cycle.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Call me retarded, but have they opened up any more classes yet? Or are you still stuck as a lancer, archer and something else?
Archer Lancer Conjurer and Gladiator is what they're doing P1 and P2 with. P3 will have all classes(also all cities, currently only one city so rerolls/lvling other classes is pretty shitty).

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
You may have gotten your wish! I just got an invite. Looking forward to playing it when I get home

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
You may have gotten your wish! I just got an invite. Looking forward to playing it when I get home
Figures... If I get one after just purchasing Guild Wars 2 this weekend that would be par for the course. (Nothing in the email as of yet.)

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm interested in trying this out, is there any thing I can do to get in Phase 2?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Does anyone know if you signed up and got into the PC version but also signed up for PS3 are you automatically in the PS3 version?

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
I don't know about the ps3. That said the next beta test apparently starts April 5