Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Seems to be - had finally gotten in, got an hour in and then crashed to desktop in middle of story quest. Will probably log in dead, QQ.

As I said in gchat before crashing though, there are some fucking amazing looking scenes/areas in the game. The Highbridge at like level 25/26, with all the cliffs/plateau's etc is brilliant. Snow zone looked incredible as well.... if only we could play it. Heh.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
So it really seems like their "Fix" for instances was to just cut back and limit the amount of players that can be on the servers at once. That's pretty damn sad.
It means they don't have a handle on how much server requests the instances can handle before the whole infrastructure craps the bed. How this wasn't modeled before this weekend I have no idea.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
So it really seems like their "Fix" for instances was to just cut back and limit the amount of players that can be on the servers at once. That's pretty damn sad.
Get ready to add all the non early access players Tuesday , plus Labor Day weekend upcoming next week and......................

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
There are lies here

rrr_img_41563.png

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Seems to be - had finally gotten in, got an hour in and then crashed to desktop in middle of story quest. Will probably log in dead, QQ.

As I said in gchat before crashing though, there are some fucking amazing looking scenes/areas in the game. The Highbridge at like level 25/26, with all the cliffs/plateau's etc is brilliant. Snow zone looked incredible as well.... if only we could play it. Heh.
I think that's what everyone is frustrated with. When everything is working, it's actually a fun and pretty game. From SE's point of view, they got that going for them because when nobody's bitching, nobody cares and when nobody cares, game = dead.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Get ready to add all the non early access players Tuesday , plus Labor Day weekend upcoming next week and......................
Eh , with word of mouth as it is currently "Its a fun game and good, IF you can even get in to play it", not exactly promoting a good vibe for future buyers.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Eh , with word of mouth as it is currently "Its a fun game and good, IF you can even get in to play it", not exactly promoting a good vibe for future buyers.
There's a good number of legacy players with no early access though who start Tuesday for free for two weeks.

Arkael

Lord Nagafen Raider
OOOOH I got a new error! Error 2002. Do I get an achievement for hitting 5/5 errors?

EDIT: New Update!
We are currently experiencing technical difficulties wherein players areoccasionallyunable to log into the North American/European data center Worlds on FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. The issue is being addressed, and new updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

hahahahah. These guys should stop trying to make MMOs and become comedy writers instead.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
People in chat saying their vent buddies are reporting the return of the 3102 raid mob
I had 3102 after my duty finder. Lasted about ~10 minutes, then cleared up. Longer than I'd like but its certainly not indefinate. Got 1017 for a bit, then got back in.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the worst part about it, is complete silence. No new tweets for the last 18 hours. And the last post was about "we will continue to limit logins so our shitty instance infrastructure doesn't break again" after this mornings maintenance.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I think the worst part about it, is complete silence. No new tweets for the last 18 hours. And the last post was about "we will continue to limit logins so our shitty instance infrastructure doesn't break again" after this mornings maintenance.
Agreed. They've made a game I look forward to logging in and playing , first in a while , and we are the second class citizens amusingly enough to them.

And we know there will be little to no explanation when they do finally post something , other than , "thanks for your patience" , translation ,"suck it up , we aren't fixing anything anytime soon".

Arkael

Lord Nagafen Raider
While I'm on a roll bitching about their incredible mismanagement of the game, I have to mention how fucking ridiculous it is that everything up to and including open beta+early access is still under NDA for streaming/video purposes. The fact that they thought (before the epic clusterfuck of a launch) that allowing people to get video/livestreams of their game out there is somehow a bad thing says a lot about where their heads are at. Also the fact that they decided 3 days of open beta was enough testing is hilarious but that's beating a dead horse.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen..._requirements/

Bard = 30 Archer / 15 Pugilist
Summoner = 30 Arcanist / 15 Thaumaturge
Scholar = 30 Arcanist / 15 Conjurer
Dragoon = 30 Lancer / 15 Marauder
Black Mage = 30 Thaumaturge / 15 Archer
White Mage = 30 Conjurer / 15 Arcanist
Monk = 30 Pugilist / 15 Lancer
Warrior = 30 Marauder / 15 Gladiator
Paladin = 30 Gladiator / 15 Conjurer

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord

Thanks for the link , so if going scholar for main , might as well do summoner also since so closely related to solo with I guess.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And to stack upon the idea of cutting back and limiting players per server, there is no afk autokick. While I actually like not having one, when combined with their bad servers it makes the situation worse, since people on, will just afk instead of logging out.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider

If this is correct, does that mean BLM gets no sort of heal?