Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

nu_11

You will get this 90% of the time. The other 10% is when you finally see your character, but then 99.9% of those times you will get world is full and the .1% chance you dont, you get a queue, with that queue having a 99% chance of giving you a world is full message before getting in :p
That's less than 1% of the 1%. God damn being the 99% of the 1%, or even just the 99%.

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
Also, literally every NA/EU server is now locked for new characters...
Haha.

I have very low expectations in terms of infrastructure for every MMO release, but this game has defeated even that low bar. SWTOR, Rift, GW2 all had their issues, but at least they could meet the basic requirement of allowing my group of friends to roll on the same server at different times in the day and play together a bit during the interruptions.

This game has some nice complexity to its class and crafting systems, but it's not different enough from other MMOs to justify this mess.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Internal Release is insanely strong. The rebalancing is a matter of when, not if.
Personally I think Internal Release is one of the only 'clickie' style buffs in the game that is designed well. Anything with a cooldown > 1 min goes in the zero-fucks-given category as far as I'm concerned.

And even ignoring IR, BLM still has a rather lackluster set of spells.

Death Tax_sl

shitlord
I want to play more then anything right now..but I think the cluster fuck is going to be even worse on the 27th...new PS3 and PC players plus all of us still spamming the log in servers, not looking good

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Pretty wild its gone on so long today. Got up around 8:30 CST, and couldn't get on at all until about 3:30. Played an hour or less and still fucked. It's now 5:11. Pretty indefensible in my opinion, but what are you gonna do. Wish I didn't like the game, or was just sorta luke-warm about it so I could flat quit and get it over with. Unfortunately, I actually really enjoy the game itself, but this has been a little bit surprising even to me - who expected some down time this weekend.

I'm also CERTAIN that we'll never get a proper explanation of whats gone on this weekend from the developers. They'll apologize profusely, and eventually (I think at least) get around to fixing it (probably too late) - but I doubt they'll ever come clean with a transparent error and explain how/why they fucked up so badly.

Tol_sl

shitlord
Pretty sad how shitty this launch has been. I want to believe that it'll get better, but with the official launch and legacy players returning, I have a feeling it's going to be pretty awful come tuesday.

I actually had pretty good luck yesterday and this morning. Got an archer to 17, conj to 17, and arcanist to 10. managed to do all my dungeon/instances and class quests, and now I have to work till basically Wednesday.

I hope square gets their shit in order, because I'm having a blast with the game itself.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finally get some time to play this weekend and it's a clusterfuck. Will just have to wait it out I guess.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Pretty sad how shitty this launch has been. I want to believe that it'll get better, but with the official launch and legacy players returning, I have a feeling it's going to be pretty awful come tuesday.

I actually had pretty good luck yesterday and this morning. Got an archer to 17, conj to 17, and arcanist to 10. managed to do all my dungeon/instances and class quests, and now I have to work till basically Wednesday.

I hope square gets their shit in order, because I'm having a blast with the game itself.
Incoming excuse change from "It's Early Access , it HASNT LAUNCHED YET SO DONT COMPLAIN" , to "It JUST LAUNCHED DONT COMPLAIN".........

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
This week I learned that Square Enix

1.) are confused that NA and the EU are actually different places.
2.) greatly underestimate the population of Not Japan.
3.) are apparently Xzibit fans, with the way you have queue while you queue after you register while you register.

I'm kind of surprised they haven't patched in a login screen ability bar. Maybe get a new hat or something every 10,000 clicks.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Incoming excuse change from "It's Early Access , it HASNT LAUNCHED YET SO DONT COMPLAIN" , to "It JUST LAUNCHED DONT COMPLAIN".........
It is better for them to recognize they need a lot better servers now, than later.

White-Knight.jpg

Also, legacy players should always have priority when logging in over the plebians of today

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
This lack of a que thing is beyond retarded.
That's what I'm thinking. Fighting to even get into a queue is dumb. A queue is meant to stagger the online population as it is.

Has SE started kicking people who are just sitting afk? 20 minutes of no action? GTFO