Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well I managed to get some RL things done, so that's a plus.
smile.png

This is getting to be one of the worse launch ever...FF14 is cursed. First time around they release one of the worse game ever. Second time around, they have a fun game and have one of the worse launch ever.
smile.png

I don't know what their plan is at this point, but starting Tuesday there will be a lot more people coming in...

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't need that long. It's not the game , its their shitty infrastructure. Not sure how long it takes to move things from one hardware to another, but I assume its measured in days, maybe weeks.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The patch that fixes all the log-in/duty server issues will also probably nerf the Armory EXP bonus down to what it's supposed to be, just as a little nut-tap.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I've personally been playing planetside and payday 2 all day since I had nothing to do today. I wish I could play but oh well! Are you playing FF Cinge?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This has been the best mmo launch ever. I fixed my bike, my apartment is spotless, went grocery shopping, had a jog. Need more launches like this and I could be considered a responsible adult.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Yea, how do you go about canceling a preorder, or whatever this is considered at this point? Never done it before, but I'm not giving my money to someone so obviously out of touch with how to run an MMO. Just pm me, thanks.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Can't even create a character on ANY NA servers, lafeifjwegfaggre

oh my gad, gf and i got on the same server.. Siren, but whatever. Can transfer later lol

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've personally been playing planetside and payday 2 all day since I had nothing to do today. I wish I could play but oh well! Are you playing FF Cinge?
Not atm, I can't get past world full. But I did get a shit ton around the house and ran some errands ;P Probably wont be able to log in till late tonight when people log off.

Server caps are one thing, but to reduce the cap, by quite a lot it seems, days later(counting p4) effectively cutting off big chunks of players is not very smart and the first time I have ever seen it done :p

Can't even create a character on ANY NA servers, lafeifjwegfaggre
Telling you, NA players should storm the JP servers and see if the problems pop up there. If they don't, well that would be hilarious and se would get roasted, if they do, maybe it grabs SEs attention to spend some money to upgrade.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'm on Ixion on the Jap servers and its a barren wastelend with zero problems.

hodj podj is the name if anyone wants to roll up and play I just started a few minutes ago

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Been playing fine for a while.

And then my 2 year old son hit the switch on my power strip.

Was able to get back on Lamia after a dozen or so 1017, but blah. I was pissed.

Silversnow_sl

shitlord
This week I learned that Square Enix

1.) are confused that NA and the EU are actually different places.
2.) greatly underestimate the population of Not Japan.
3.) are apparently Xzibit fans, with the way you have queue while you queue after you register while you register.

I'm kind of surprised they haven't patched in a login screen ability bar. Maybe get a new hat or something every 10,000 clicks.
About how much European Legacy players are out there?

Depending on which point of data, that?s hard to answer, I?ll just say there are about same amount of Legacy players as Japans. The most is NA, which is about twice the amount of Japan.
#2. If you read Reinhearts translationthreadyou'll find that they know that EU legacy players make up about the same amount of japanese players. And that NA has twice that figure. So the NA/EU combined are putting 3x the load on the same amount of servers. GG.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Conspiracy theory time: They are doing this on purpose because the player base was/is leveling too fast and they have fuck-all prepared for end-game. Sneaky Square Enix....

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Come join me in cracking jokes about nuking Japs on the Ixion server!

Make a lalafell!

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I want to be mad about this but I'm not. I just can't explain it. It's actually funny as hell to me. Maybe it's because I know the game isn't the 'next big thing'. Maybe it's because it's SE and there is just a level of ineptitude that I expect. I can't wait till the 27th. Will have to get the popcorn out for that.

I see waiting a few hours didn't change anything, login, get the 1017 error. Only thing now is what's going to be the compensation to early access users.