Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Thats with every game, dudes. You get a retail code and have to input it. What was retarded was all the codes you had to input for the headstart. THAT was asenine. a code you get to get the code that you get for the REAL code. WTF?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The first afternoon that Mog station went live and retail codes were being emailed out they had this big red button which let you enter your code. But that was the wrong option and once you entered it you were locked in to having a separate account under your login.

So you have a separate account, which now requires another click when trying to spam login the 1017, but it's not the one with your existing characters. Additionally, you are also unable to actually make any new characters on your server to play. Your only option was to put in a customer service ticket and they happened to make a specific web form for this exact issue since thousands of people are affected by it. But then you don't hear anything for 24 hours before you receive an email saying they'll respond in another 48 hours. But in reality that's been confirmed to be up to 2 weeks and now that early access has ended we're all locked out. On top of that it's a pain in the ass to even find their phone number or web browse to their live chat service, which if you actually successfully manage to get in touch with a live CS person will escalate and fix the issue for you.

Except... the phones have been constantly busy for at least the last 2 days, wait times at 3-6 hours. Live chat has less but it's a crap shoot over whether it'll connect you to a service agent or just Cancel and leave you to requeue. Players have confirmed that they'll destroy any new characters you make anyways so even if you go out and buy a box to play in the meanwhile it's throwing money at them they don't deserve and you won't even be able to keep a second usable account.

But when you can login and play the game, that's fine 98% of the time.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Their support system and how they've handled every aspects of the game's technical problems are the height of incompetence. There's absolutely nothing to excuse how fucking shitty this shit is. Locked character creation, no Afk-kick, locking players out of their own servers and not even having a queue, account registration issues, it's all bullshit.Nothingmakes up for that crap.

Seriously, that 1017 shit is the single worst possible way that anyone could handle server population issues. People haven't been able to make new characters or play characters they made for days on end. They don't even have a fucking solution to their problem.

And their account creation issues are absurd, that is something that should never have happened in the first place.

Square-Enix's MMO infrastructure is a terrible fucking joke and embarrassing. Tons of people can't even fucking play the game they paid good money for at all. That's bullshit.

Malakriss

I'm at 211, 219, 270 in the live chat queue. I'll give them those 3 chances but after that I'm not bothering any more.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I find myself being bored when healing dungeons but I'll hold out because I'm not 50 yet. But when there isn't anyone to stand in the fire I just open up netflix and only actually pay attention to my screen on bosses. Sigh.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I find myself being bored when healing dungeons but I'll hold out because I'm not 50 yet. But when there isn't anyone to stand in the fire I just open up netflix and only actually pay attention to my screen on bosses. Sigh.
You could try DPSing. It makes the instance go faster. Especially since you out dps summoners.

xzi

Mouthbreather
That's what I've ended up doing but I don't want to DPS is the thing, lmao. That's why I went down the healer route. I still do it just to get it over with asap though.

Deisun_sl

shitlord
So I blindly logged in today and made the same mistake many others did and registered a code on a 2nd Service Account? How fucking dumb is it for that to be the DEFAULT option...

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's what I've ended up doing but I don't want to DPS is the thing, lmao. That's why I went down the healer route. I still do it just to get it over with asap though.
Yeah, I agree that healing is fucking boring as shit. But then again you probably knew that from my week old post in the WHM thread about how healing in this game is fucking boring.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I blindly logged in today and made the same mistake many others did and registered a code on a 2nd Service Account? How fucking dumb is it for that to be the DEFAULT option...
The fact that there is a shitton of people who have this issue by simply trying to use common sense out of the backwards ass system speaks volumes.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kicked out of live chat twice after waiting two hours each time. Ran a script on google phone for 6 hours trying to call them, busy for 6+ hours.

Gave up.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah, I agree that healing is fucking boring as shit. But then again you probably knew that from my week old post in the WHM thread about how healing in this game is fucking boring.
I still had a small sliver of hope about it. MEH

Deisun_sl

shitlord
Are they this incompetent? Instead of fixing everyones accounts manually why the fuck would they just not add a button that lets you unregister your code from your 2nd Service account in the accounts section?
Seriously could have been done with hours ago for EVERYBODY.

And while they're at it, make it so you don't register on a 2nd account by default. That is so fucking dumb.

Malakriss

0/4 Status Canceled on every live chat attempt. Don't bother.

Tried on multiple computers, Firefox and Chrome

Bo Jackson_sl

shitlord
I think I'm having the same problem as everyone else, but I'm not sure I even understand the problem. Can someone explain this to me? I tried entering all the codes I got from purchasing digitally and none of them are seeming to work. When I log into the website it says "Use of the Lodestone requires a FINAL FANTASY XIV service account with at least one character. Please log-in again after you have created a character in-game." I've been playing all week lol. The product key and early access code I got from my digital purchase it won't accept.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I think I'm having the same problem as everyone else, but I'm not sure I even understand the problem. Can someone explain this to me? I tried entering all the codes I got from purchasing digitally and none of them are seeming to work. When I log into the website it says "Use of the Lodestone requires a FINAL FANTASY XIV service account with at least one character. Please log-in again after you have created a character in-game." I've been playing all week lol. The product key and early access code I got from my digital purchase it won't accept.
You should have gotten a new key in your email if you purchased digitally that is the actual "game CD key" if you will. When you log into the mogstation to redeem this key, there is a button which is in the top right portion of the account service screen that basically says + add new service account - if you click that button it will take you to a location to input your cd key. If you did input your key there it has split your account into 2. The first one is the account you've been playing with all your characters, It currently doesn't own the game because of the above mentioned. The second one owns the game, and has no characters on it. The correct place to put in the cd key is something like "Add windows service" or Add PS3 service.

If you did make this mistake - because of their stupid design - its 2 weeks by email support. Live Chat will have you sit in queue for 2-4 hours followed by - there is no agents email us. And lastly their phone line has been giving a busy signal since 9AM PST all day.