Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Whelp, after waiting two hours in chat que I was kicked when it was my turn. Phone line still disconnected. If this ever gets added does anyone want to purchase a level 50 WHM? Aritfact gear + Ifirit HM Wep. Send me a PM.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Whelp, after waiting two hours in chat que I was kicked when it was my turn. Phone line still disconnected. If this ever gets added does anyone want to purchase a level 50 WHM? Aritfact gear + Ifirit HM Wep. Send me a PM.
Same. Square Enix's support is a fucking joke. Their bullshit is simply unacceptable. If you haven't bought this game yet, don't.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL, im sure they are getting bombarded with calls about not being able to play all day long. Fuck, some people bought the game days ago and cant even make characters.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I hate pubs. I wasn't even being an asshole in the beginning. Fuck.

[11:21:18] [Zp Zp] please play summoner correctly
[11:21:27] [Drago Highwind] what?
[11:21:29] [Zp Zp] you need to dot every mob in the pull
[11:21:37] [Zp Zp] focusing on one target makes you the worst dps in the group by far
[11:21:42] [Drago Highwind] whats wrong with that he had hate?
[11:21:57] [Zp Zp] i'm saying you need to put bio/miasma on a target
[11:22:02] [Zp Zp] then switch targets and put it on another target
[11:22:08] [Zp Zp] your goal as arcanist should be to never cast ruin
[11:22:11] [Callo Stone] any advice for me
[11:22:13] [Zp Zp] unless every single mob is dotted on a pull
[11:22:22] [Zp Zp] no. you're an archer. archers do crazy dps and are almost impossible to screw up :p
[11:22:33] [Callo Stone] i bet i can find a way to haha
[11:22:42] [Zp Zp] you're doing almost triple the damage of our arcanist right now per the meters tho
[11:22:44] [Drago Highwind] just focus on healing. thanks
[11:22:46] [Zp Zp] which is why i brought up to him
[11:22:53] [Zp Zp] that he needs to play properly
[11:22:58] [Zp Zp] because he's dragging the group down hard atm
tongue.png

[11:23:00] [Zp Zp] also gogo
[11:24:33] [Drago Highwind] guess i wasnt dsoing that bad eh looks u coulda used me. (Note: He AFK'ed and stopped attacking the boss at this point)
[11:26:47] [Arcavius Wyman] why attacking sleeping one
[11:27:59] [Zp Zp] i like how bad players
[11:28:04] [Zp Zp] get pissy when you mention that they're playing badly
[11:28:10] [Zp Zp] even when you tell them how to not play like shit
[11:28:32] [Drago Highwind] lol ur a piece of shit bud, go back to WoW
[11:28:45] [Zp Zp] pretty sure that's your department since you can get away with being a shit dps in that game
[11:28:55] [Callo Stone] so we are killing all adds correct?
[11:28:56] [Drago Highwind] mr. im so freaking good i have smn lvled but playing whm so im gonna tell ppl how good i am
[11:29:10] [Zp Zp] how about you just listen to what i say
[11:29:16] [Drago Highwind] im outta here i hope u dont win bitch
[11:29:30] [Drago Highwind] ur a fag and im glad ur not on my server
That's bad, but not near as bad as my Darkhold group last night - which in the end we didn't even complete the instance in NINETY FUCKING MINUTES. Even thinking about those fucking imbeciles is getting my pulse racing right now. At work. On a Friday.

Tank strolls in, pulls first group of mobs but only ever attacks one target... of 3.... not even the one I (THE DPS) marked. We almost wipe on the first group. I tell the tank "Say, you know you can build threat on more than one target at a time, right"? "Monk, STFU and dps. You no nothing about tanking. I can only tank ONE MOB AT A TIME". I was absolutely speechless.

The entire fucking instance was like that... but somehow these fucking pieces of shit make it to the last boss, which I explain carefully - and even went so far as to say "good luck everyone
biggrin.png
", as a morale boost. WRONG, WRONG, these are PS3 MMO noobs we talkin bout here. This is in a group with an archer - faceroll dps, no positional requirement bullshit - where a monk was doing 4x his damage because "his controller is acting weird". Weird. After our 5th (5 FUCKING TIMES) wipe on the last boss - the easiest boss easily in the last 3-4 instances - the tank tells me and I quote "DUDE, slow down your fucking dps. You're pulling the boss on me and I can't get aggro." He's a paladin.

I'm not even kidding when I say that in the last 10 years of playing almost every MMO in existence, this was EASILY in the top 3 worst groups I've ever had. Even in WOW. I blame controllers to be honest. Or Lolafells.

Skimmins_sl

shitlord
Question for those who successfully fixed their account after being password reset > registration-to-new-account bait and switched: Did they just apply the code to the pre-order account, or is it a legitimate merge, where characters created on both accounts were retained?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I believe they stated any characters on the new account would be deleted and you'll revert back to what you had originally.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
That's bad, but not near as bad as my Darkhold group last night - which in the end we didn't even complete the instance in NINETY FUCKING MINUTES. Even thinking about those fucking imbeciles is getting my pulse racing right now. At work. On a Friday.

Tank strolls in, pulls first group of mobs but only ever attacks one target... of 3.... not even the one I (THE DPS) marked. We almost wipe on the first group. I tell the tank "Say, you know you can build threat on more than one target at a time, right"? "Monk, STFU and dps. You no nothing about tanking. I can only tank ONE MOB AT A TIME". I was absolutely speechless.

The entire fucking instance was like that... but somehow these fucking pieces of shit make it to the last boss, which I explain carefully - and even went so far as to say "good luck everyone
biggrin.png
", as a morale boost. WRONG, WRONG, these are PS3 MMO noobs we talkin bout here. This is in a group with an archer - faceroll dps, no positional requirement bullshit - where a monk was doing 4x his damage because "his controller is acting weird". Weird. After our 5th (5 FUCKING TIMES) wipe on the last boss - the easiest boss easily in the last 3-4 instances - the tank tells me and I quote "DUDE, slow down your fucking dps. You're pulling the boss on me and I can't get aggro." He's a paladin.

I'm not even kidding when I say that in the last 10 years of playing almost every MMO in existence, this was EASILY in the top 3 worst groups I've ever had. Even in WOW. I blame controllers to be honest. Or Lolafells.
That's horrifying. Jesus.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I dont have problems with noobs, I mean everyone of us was a noob at one time, right? The problem I have is like the above when you try to teach them in a nice way and you are told to STFU.

At that moment I would of done a /leave.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If the tank or healer is plain bad and holds a red flag and waves it around to broadcast in the first 5 minutes, gtfo.

Also, my live chat session was canceled at the end as well. Freakin' ridiculous.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I hear people discussing how much dmage they are doing in instances and such, is there a DPS meter of some sort or what am i missing?

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea I got booted from chat too. It's like they all said 'fuck this shit' and shut down chat support.

TBH, the game is nice and fun, but it is not worth all this bullshit. It's soured the whole game, from 1017 errors, to character locking to now this accounting crap. It feels like a waste of money.

Meko

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I dont have problems with noobs, I mean everyone of us was a noob at one time, right? The problem I have is like the above when you try to teach them in a nice way and you are told to STFU.

At that moment I would of done a /leave.
Ahem, you mean /pcmd leave...

Saban_sl

shitlord
On the other hand i've been playing this game since early release nearly flawlessly and been having a blast. It's not all bad, but i do feel for the people who aren't having the same kind of luck.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
^^^^Same. I chose a less populated server, Malboro, since I was like 30 min too late waking up for the headstart and rolling on Gilg. Actually im kind of glad it worked out that way to tell you the truth.

Nahh, the game works fine. Actually for the amount of people playing on each individual server nightly, Id say the shit is working better than expected. The part they dropped the ball on is not thinking it would be as popular as it is and they just did not have the infrastructure to support it in place.

Well the game is wildly popular, at least for now, and thats whats fucking it up.

do you need a seperate code to play after early access? it says my game isnt registered now. amazon didnt ship my shit til the other day so i wont have the code on the cd til sept 4th
frown.png
weird i was just playing last night so did something change?
Did you register your code on the mog station also? I couldn't believe that after entering in a pre order and a retail code, that I'd have to go to another website and enter in a code to get the free 30 days for game purchase. Fucking ridiculous.