Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
1017's out the ass tonight on Gilg. Haven't really been that affected by it all week with Kreugens script - maybe 10-15 mins max. 1 hour now and nothin'. Lameness.....

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
If it makes you feel better, this guy had no problem making his 8 bots to stand in a corner auto farming all day:

rrr_img_42046.jpg

QQ:

rrr_img_42047.jpg

xzi

Mouthbreather
1017's out the ass tonight on Gilg. Haven't really been that affected by it all week with Kreugens script - maybe 10-15 mins max. 1 hour now and nothin'. Lameness.....
Same. I ran Haukke twice today (with different groups) and both times it bugged out and we couldn't complete it, which is halting my progression of my class quest. Then I got kicked after the 2nd run failed and have been getting 1017 since. I'm just gonna play something else for the rest of the night because when I spend more time trying to log in than I do playing something is seriously wrong.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I wanted to give Square credit for owning up their abortion of a game and making a decent game that captured my attention and made want to log in and play.

But after this travesty of a launch and the fact that I repurchased the game to show them some support even though I didn't have to, now I learn my GMG code won't even work with a already existing service account. And on top of that I was told to upgrade to the collectors edition if I want those items on the mog log.

Fuck you square. You fixed your abortion of a game but left your abortion of an account management system and infrastructure in place. Too much incompetence to give that a pass. Canceling when my free time is up on the 9th. 1017 every time I wanna play anyways. Good luck.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The mark of great customer service:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...94f7dcb3112385
08/29/2013 8:52 PM
[Important] Regarding NA Square Enix Support Center Ticket Volume
Due to the overwhelming ticket volume in regards to the upcoming launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, the North American SQUARE ENIX Support Center has closed all open tickets over 48 hours old.

This was done in order to prioritize and address time-sensitive issues being reported post-launch.

Please rest assured that we are making the necessary improvements to handle this increased volume and to reach out to as many players as possible.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
On the other hand i've been playing this game since early release nearly flawlessly and been having a blast. It's not all bad, but i do feel for the people who aren't having the same kind of luck.
Shitty customer service is a deal breaker for me unfortunately. I was planning to buy the game because it was getting some decent reviews, and it looked fun. After reading this thread though I'm going to have to pass. Not being able to even log in for hours/days, and not being able to get a hold of anyone at the same time is just embarrassingly bad service.

I hope those of you getting screwed over by their incompetence seek, and get a refund.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Since they probably cancelled my ticket, I'm just considering creating a new character on the new account and saying fuck it. I'd lose the two characters I made, the pre-release items (didn't need em though) and like 4 days off the account.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm 50 BLM 20 ARC 15 ACN 12 PUG 8 CNJ with 15 ALC 15 CRP 9 CUL

Either they fix it (and soon) or I'm done. And I will be pestering them for a refund.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Well, to play devil's advocate, if they were underprepared for the volume of launch, + account issues on top of it, I'm sure they need to hire like triple the staff for CS asap.
Oh blah blah blah this shit doesn't fly anymore. Not being prepared for launch volume was valid in 2005, not in 2013

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I mean really, why would you spend 2 years and millions of dollars redoing the game but not be able to account for more that 200k players worldwide? That's gotta go down as one of the most idiotic things ever.

Faddor_sl

shitlord
Has anyone sought and successfully received a refund?

I purchased two accounts, one from GMG and one from Amazon. Neither have had the game activation code used, only EA code. Both Amazon and GMG have a straight "No refund on MMOs/Digital Games" policy (respectively). I spoke with two CSRs at Amazon and explained the situation, both via phone and chat. They normally have top notch customer service. Even though I've not redeemed the code, they completely refused to even consider a refund, even knowing about the game's server problems. They seemed to understand that it was a complete failure to deliver the product, as neither I nor my wife have even managed to log in succesfully, and not just a matter of being "not satisfied". Nevertheless, I wasn't able to get anywhere.

I'd prefer to make sure Square takes the hit on this refund. I like Amazon and GMG, and don't really want to charge-back, plus I regularly use my accounts there. I guess I could just sell the activation codes, but that still gives Square a "sale".

Has anyone actually gotten a refund?