Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I realize it's very early on , but I remember seeing several bitching about arcanists class overall.

Does it suck later on or something ?

For the first three dungeons so far I've basically learned i can take the tank pet and 100% solo the boss mob and tell the rest of the group to just deal with the adds and jump in occasionally when there's nothing else to do. Just curious if there's a major drop off later on in the viability of the pets or something ? We had the healer disconnect for over half the last dungeon and we did fine (which makes even more silly the fact I can't queue as anything but dps in the duty finder as an arcanist ).

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Damn! GL to everyone having all those issues and that is truly some shitty CS! Glad I've almost never played during the release(or pre-release) or any major MMOs. GW2 and EQ 2 were the only exceptions but Arenanet really did a great job during the whole beta process and I felt they would deliver(and did for a few weeks). EQ 2 had a decent release as well. I do see this game being a solid pickup during Christmas sales though.

misery_sl

shitlord
Unlimited Fail Works.

Thanks for the entertainment, and please enjoy your ride on the Jaded Gamer express. You're all about to be upgraded to first class.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I realize it's very early on , but I remember seeing several bitching about arcanists class overall.

Does it suck later on or something ?

For the first three dungeons so far I've basically learned i can take the tank pet and 100% solo the boss mob and tell the rest of the group to just deal with the adds and jump in occasionally when there's nothing else to do. Just curious if there's a major drop off later on in the viability of the pets or something ? We had the healer disconnect for over half the last dungeon and we did fine (which makes even more silly the fact I can't queue as anything but dps in the duty finder as an arcanist ).
Nope, works that way for a long while. Arcanist pretty OP tank/healer combo... The downside is we're absolutely the worst class for small hp trash adds and have no viable aoe really.

edit: I feel sorry for the people having account issues, but I saw MANY warnings not to add a new service account to my account prior to registering my code (and I did it the first day it was available) Do you people even internet?

Jaybee

Silver Knight of the Realm
I saw MANY warnings not to add a new service account to my account prior to registering my code (and I did it the first day it was available) Do you people even internet?
Some 1.0 people weren't given a choice. I created my first 1.0 service account back in Sept 2010. I lasted 1 week and immediately quit that piece of shit game and cancelled the account. Like a month or two later the game went F2P and another account was automatically created with an email they sent out (to try to get us to come back). I never once logged in because the game was still a piece of shit, and you couldn't pay me to play that version.

Fast-forward 2.5 years and I get a beta invite for phase 2. I follow the instructions in their e-mail and start playing beta. I was never given an option to choose service accounts. Guess what? Turns out my char from beta is on a free trial, meanwhile my free CE 1.0 edition is on the other service account with all the goodies. I found this out in the 3 day period to register for EA. Luckily I got a CD key for free from a friend, otherwise I would have told SE to go fuck themselves. Don't even get my started on the region problems I had registering my early access code....

so i preordered and got early access for ps3. apparently that code was only good for early access and not attached to the account. so now im waiting for my CDs from amazon (i did standard delivery because i didnt think i would need it)

heh fuck up on my part, damn i was really enjoying this game. ill be back after labor day when CD's come in and i have a registration code.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Any PS3 notices have trouble with what seems like latency during high population FATEs? I can't tell if its my internet being shit or if its the game. It does feel like i'm the only one lagging though.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you're relying on ffxiv-app it's not anywhere close to remotely accurate in parsing arcanist damage... It'll show the first tick of damage from a dot and then discount the entire rest of the damage.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
If you're relying on ffxiv-app it's not anywhere close to remotely accurate in parsing arcanist damage... It'll show the first tick of damage from a dot and then discount the entire rest of the damage.
Speaking of FFXIV-APP, I can't get it to work for the life of me. It attaches to the PID, and the lodestone(whatever that is), but nothing shows up after combat. Odd. Sounds not too useful anyway as I'm an arcanist...well botanist now /flex.

Column_sl

shitlord
I'm going to write a very big annoyance for me right now with the game ,and just ask that everyone have an open mind before you flame me.

I'll title this post how FF14 will not allow me to play the game at 50.

Just some background. I got 50 on monday so have been doing all the content they allow at this level. I am constantly in a 8 man, or a hard mode Dungeon.
This is the part of MMO's i very much enjoy. I love farming gear, figuring out raids without using a youtube spoiler, or leading pugs to complete things they normaly would not.

I also love FF14 realm reborn. It is the closest thing thing to Everquest I have played since 1999. It has real classes, the trinity, and CC.

So here comes the major problem. My repair bills every day are around 6k gill. The more you kill stuff, the more your gear breaks. So in essence 1 death per hour is the same thing as taking no deaths per hour because your gear is costanly breaking down.
Blue gear compounds this problem because of its massive cost to fix.

Everything I've seen so for is bind on pick up. There is nothing to sell on the AH. So I have absolutely no income coming in.

Now before everyone goes crazy, I understand I can use mining and botany to make money. Or I can run leves for gil. You can also cut costs by repairing your own equipment, but that takes more materials, and more time sinks.
My problem is I just want to play the game. Doing that other stuff is so time consuming, and I really dont like it.

I guess the best analogy would be if you could only raid in WOW, if you also worked the auction house everyday. Some people hate working the auction house, and I'm one of those people.

I just want to play FF14 because I love it. Repair bills are slowly making it almost unplayable. I'm hoping they lessen this in the future, or let us sell items from dungeons. Some people just want to raid .and do dungeuns. We shouldnt be penalized for wanting to play the game.

One other side note, they have to do something about the only 5 buffs on a raid frame. It makes it impossible to see if people have debuffs, or even if you have a regen on them because the buffs wont go past 5 on a unit frame.
Most people say that is not a big deal, but coming from a healing perspective it is a very big deal.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nope, works that way for a long while. Arcanist pretty OP tank/healer combo... The downside is we're absolutely the worst class for small hp trash adds and have no viable aoe really.

edit: I feel sorry for the people having account issues, but I saw MANY warnings not to add a new service account to my account prior to registering my code (and I did it the first day it was available) Do you people even internet?
Where the hell was that message because I ( and obviously a whole lot of others) didn't see it. SE's fuckup was mislabeling the buttons (add platform?) and the having the add service button right under the early access account. The email I got from GMG never clears this up btw, just says to click the link to Mog Station.

I just want them to fix it but I have to jump through 100 hoops to do it and even after that they decide to just up and cancel the ticket.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Where the hell was that message because I ( and obviously a whole lot of others) didn't see it. SE's fuckup was mislabeling the buttons (add platform?) and the having the add service button right under the early access account. The email I got from GMG never clears this up btw, just says to click the link to Mog Station.

I just want them to fix it but I have to jump through 100 hoops to do it and even after that they decide to just up and cancel the ticket.
The message was the #1 link on the ffxiv subreddit....
On the front page of the gaming subreddit.
Mentioned in this thread. Mentioned in FC chat numerous times throughout the day.

Also, it is the exact same terminology they used for converting from a beta account to a EA account (add platform) as well as the same terminology used to update an account to have both PS3 and PC access on the same characters (if you were in both ps3 and pc beta). yes, some people complained that they accidently created 2 seperate beta accounts that they were unable to access between their ps3 and pc.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider

Here it is:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...320904327f6f37

It was stickied at the top of Lodestone for like 3 days, stickied at the top of the FFXIV reddit, it was on the launcher, etc.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The message was the #1 link on the ffxiv subreddit....
On the front page of the gaming subreddit.
Mentioned in this thread. Mentioned in FC chat numerous times throughout the day.

Also, it is the exact same terminology they used for converting from a beta account to a EA account (add platform) as well as the same terminology used to update an account to have both PS3 and PC access on the same characters (if you were in both ps3 and pc beta). yes, some people complained that they accidently created 2 seperate beta accounts that they were unable to access between their ps3 and pc.
Not sure what you're talking about, I never went to Mog Station to to enter my pre-order code for EA. The first time I went to Mog Station was when I got my two codes from GMG the day before launch (the 26th).