Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It took me four hours to get in this afternoon. It's pretty sad I wasted my afternoon trying to login today.

Erie_sl

shitlord
Well, least I got to play the majority of the day. Logged in for about 12 hours and finally get my first 9000 error.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
The best is the ultimate cock tease the game gives you , when it goes from selecting the character to the loading screen for just a few seconds longer than normal before getting to the 1017.

You actually are overjoyed for a second that you are about to get into a queue and the that 1017 slaps you in the face almost laughing at you after it just teased you.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Actually had to quit the game earlier, was about 7PM over here when I did(I forgot to reboot this morning and I had left the client on all weekend, it started melting). Thought I was done for the day, but apparently got lucky and got in 15mins later. Also somehow got in a 100person queue, next update it was 97 so it was going slow, then I got in. Maybe a zone crashed? ^^

Anyway yeah the servers issues I don't know, a friend had some issues logging on some of the days but mostly we log in the morning, leave the PC on if we do something else, so didn't affect us at all so the game is very enjoyable so far. I can see how not playing most of the past week would make you absolutely disgusted though.

Vilmz_sl

shitlord
Had a good 12 hour run today and suddenly I get a fucking nvidia driver error, gg. Trying to get back in at this point in prime time is gonna be rough. So close to unlocking the next dungeon.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Good news is all the kiddies are going back to school, so things should improve a bit, right?

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not trying to rub it in but I just got home from a BBQ and let the script run for 10 minutes on 2 instances and got in.

Best of luck to everyone else.

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
It's telling me the server is full, so I activate the auto log in script and it loops a few times, and then it tells me that it cannot populate the NA/EU worlds, and my only option is the Japanese servers. I then have to wait about 10 mins to get it to populate the NA/EU servers again....server full...rinse repeat. I think I'm just about done with this game. I mean...the game isn't fun enough to justify all the trouble it takes just to log in. It's really a mediocre at best MMO, and I just don't have the patience or time for such amateur bs. Good for those that can actually play the game and are having fun, but I think I'll just throw this one on the back burner and wait for Wildstar.
The Wildstar thread is full of people saying it isn't that great and instead of waiting until Wednesday to play FFXIV you want to wait until Wildstar releases? mmkay.

Having played both, FFXIV doesn't bring a lot to the table but it is still a hell of a lot more fun than Wildstar which gets really boring after the "double tap to dodge an attack" thing is no longer new.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
still a hell of a lot more fun than Wildstar which gets really boring after the "double tap to dodge an attack" thing is no longer new.
Yeah, I feel like I've already played Wildstar, in GW2. Despite promising all kinds of new and revolutionary gameplay, I left that game with one of the most unsatisfied feelings in my gaming life.

Fokai_sl

shitlord
I got a key from offgamers but... I can't even download/install the game. I'm getting some freaking script error about Vista Service Pack. Yes, I've tried switching on/off the compatibility mode but same problem... Any solution to even downloading the game? I was gonna play this to ween me off of LoL because it's so ragey and I'm too damn old to rage! The irony...

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Use a real operating system? Windows XP/7 or Hell, even 8 would be better than Vista. In all seriousness though, you might want to check IE to see if it has a proxy turned on in your internet options, I remember that used to cause a problem with steam in vista too. Even if the game itself isn't actually using IE to access the internet.

Or maybe you could try updating to the latest vista service pack from microsoft?

Fokai_sl

shitlord
Haha. Who the hell still uses/d Vista. I'm on Windows 7 but it's giving me some Vista error.

Error Code: -5006 : 0x80070005
Error Information:
>SetupNew\setup.cpp (630)
PAPP:FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn
PVENDOR: (##ID_SCRIPT_STR_URL##)
PGUID:
$15.0.0.498PAK
@Windows Vista Service Pack 0 (7600)
IE Version: 9.10.9200.16660

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I have a frustrating bug. Every now and then, the game seems to cease updating to me. I can still move, and people say the see me moving in game, but on my screen, it seems like everything pauses. This can last from .5 seconds to 5 seconds and occasionally disconnects me with a 90000 error. Any ideas?

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Does it happen in just populated areas? Or can you go out to the 1-15 areas and have the same problem?